Airsoft sightings in Movies and TV shows

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SG-1 did use a lot of airsoft but they used RS as well. I remember seeing more stuff in 5.56 like the G36s being used instead of P90s because the 5.7mm blanks were too expensive or something when were actually using RS guns instead of airsoft.

Also, when you think you're seeing fill valves on mags it is often just the hole to depress to dissemble the mag on a RS.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a direct answer when I asked. He did try to get me to buy an M16/DMR RAP4 thing that was meant to be used in "Franklin and Bash" (I never heard of the show before). He's got a thread up on GGI with mentionings of Terminator Salvation, 24, Transformers, Jarhead, Pirates of the Carribean, Star Wars (did you know the Jawas used modified Enfields?) and other films, big and small including MW2: Frozen Crossing.

Really quite interesting stuff. As I understand it, airsofts are much cheaper and easier (logistically and legally) to obtain, maintain, and utilize than blank-firing. And with modern VFX, you wouldn't know the difference. He also makes rubber/resin casts for non-functioning props.

Also, a great seller to deal with :D

Edited by Grindstone

Btw I've worked a couple of years in film productions, a while as a stunt man, and that's actually how I discovered airsoft. Using airsoft completely changed the game for the better in movies, the security issues were quite complex and a hassle with real steel, and don't even get me started with the insurance issues.

Brandon Lee would probably be alive today if they had used airsoft in The Crow...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Episode 10 in Flashpoint's fourth season has a scene in which Ed switches out the magazines for his MP5 from "lethal" to "non-lethal" ammo. At first I thought they allowed the feeding tube on the airsoft magazine to be blatantly visible to indicate the "non-lethal" nature, but it was actually supposed to be the mag with the "lethal" ammo as it was the one removed from the gun.

Flashpoint-ASmag.jpg

Episode 10 in Flashpoint's fourth season has a scene in which Ed switches out the magazines for his MP5 from "lethal" to "non-lethal" ammo. At first I thought they allowed the feeding tube on the airsoft magazine to be blatantly visible to indicate the "non-lethal" nature, but it was actually supposed to be the mag with the "lethal" ammo as it was the one removed from the gun.

The joint (which should be welded together) between the cocking tube and receiver also gives away that it is in fact, a Marui style AEG MP5.

• 5 months later...

Another one from Flashpoint, I never noticed their Glocks completely lack trademarks. Most likely KWA versions?

Flashpoint-G17-Close.jpg

Also, can anyone identify the light? I actually only took this screenshot to attempt to identify it because I've noticed that their lights are very ill-fitting to the Glock frame (the light tilts upwards), but they rarely show them off well enough to get a decent look. At first I thought it was a light meant for the HK USP, but I haven't found any lights that have the grooves in the body or around the head of the light like that.