Ares Cheytac M200 - Review & Picture Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am expecting a PDI VSR-10 360 fat spring today (I was told its 13mm OD and 11mm ID ) as I couldn't find any PDI SS springs with any US retailer.

I will definitely hold off on boring the piston till I try a few different springs. I can bore out any time, if nothing works, as I have a mini-lathe and a mini-mill.

I will keep you all posted if that fits or not and the fps with that spring.

Viking

Ok , i was lucky enough to get to have a little play with one of these today ..

And

Im so glad i didnt pay £1200 for it , not impressed at all , ive seen bar 10s and stock warrier l96s perform better

Sorry for doing this but guys as much as it might look the nuts the one i played with was poor (glad it wasnt my money )

• 4 months later...
$1,400... Considering I paid under $600 for my DSR-1, I don't know if I could warrant spending more than double that on the M200. Plus... Evike's pretty horrible to deal with. Last time I bought something from them, it was out of stock, and when getting my refund back they refused to refund my taxes because they "don't refund taxes on web based sales". After repeatedly explaining to the sales associate that being that I hadn't actually bought anything, they're required by law to refund my taxes, they did eventually do so. And on a prior order it took them close to 2 months to ship something that was "in stock" and only a few counties away. They're so clueless about general business practices, I swore them off permanently.

Haha then you havent been to there store yet. they wont even look at you if you dont have money out waving it around i waited like 35 mins to be helped with 3 people in the store..

• 2 weeks later...

thats a freaking awesome gun! but i would much prefer it to hav a OD paint job. i saw it in the shops at hong kong and its really big, how heavy is it? its gotta be really hard to lug it round the skirmish site and get to a firing position.

freaking nice gun though! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Very nice. I might have to consider selling my VFC M82A1 to get one of these.

Don't do it.... just a wall hanger really, bought one last week...8.5kg black shoots at 230 fps with spring lads at shop know about the problem, and have dropped the price again to try and get rid of them...

http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/a...-pre-order.html

Part has broke on gas bolt unit on third use.... can swap out a part from spring unit to carry on with testing..

Ultra gas chrono at around 580fps, normal gas at around 440 fps... accuracy not great, four shots on target from 30 metres

with the next off target by 2-3 metres lol.... anyway it's not me on faulty bipod that wont lock open properly, and i would be better off using PGM,,,,, Its a centre piece alright, but no one will be impressed with its accuracy or power on the field..

I see you guys are looking at ways to improve the unit, will keep my eyes peeled next time im out in Hong Kong for any upgrades from any of our friends in Mong Kok.... Its a nice centre piece tho... <_<

• 3 months later...
just picked up one of these second hand, very nice.

Is there meant to be a rubber seal on the gas bolt where the gas inlet hole is, as mine does not have one.

Cheers jay.

Hi Jay,

niether has mine, no rubber seal of any kind... not really needed on the gas bolt as it will shoot above 500 fps with the ultra gas. Could place some form of rubber gromet on the mag to improve flow to chamber, may increase fps..

Very little out there at the mo, that I know of as far as upgrades for this very needy weapon...lol

Cheers

Yak

hi yak

cheers, i find that a bit strange as surely a good seal there between the mag and the bolt will impove consistency and fps.

will see if i can rig something up and let you know how it goes. cant find any reports on how the co2 mag performs on the net, but will be getting one soon to have a play with. is it true that these use standard aeg hop rubbers?

jay

hi yak

cheers, i find that a bit strange as surely a good seal there between the mag and the bolt will impove consistency and fps.

will see if i can rig something up and let you know how it goes. cant find any reports on how the co2 mag performs on the net, but will be getting one soon to have a play with. is it true that these use standard aeg hop rubbers?

jay

Hey jay,

Where did you see the co2 mag for the m200? not heard they were available. Im aware there are conversion kits to change gas mag into co2 mag, but have not seen any in action. The Hop rubber is basically std item, increase accuracy if this is replaced with a Tight/B .

cheers

Yak

uncompany have them in stock, bit pricey but should increase fps quite well.

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=25885

i would imagine the tightbore barrel would have to be custom made as it is 800mm long.

jay

edGI makes awesome customs, you can send them your original specs and they will make whatever diameter you want down to to 5.98! And up to 800mm long!

Edited by SilentTank
edGI makes awesome customs, you can send them your original specs and they will make whatever diameter you want down to to 5.98! And up to 800mm long!

nice one, i was searching for dees custom barrels but it looks like they dont exist anymore.

has any m200 owners tried upgrading the spring in the spring bolt yet, looking at one of the previous posts the pdi ss springs look a close match but may need cutting down a bit. cant find any places that stock them though.

jay

Hi Jay,

thats correct as silent tank pointed out, its a custom job...

http://www.edgicustom-usa.com/#sniper_barrels

I got my one done in Hong kong, by the lads in Mong Kok, 815mm i think, end cap is black so can't be seen through venting end piece of Cheytac, the cap push's into the end of cnc barrel to steady internal barrel. I like the look of co2 unit, i will order one this week and try out. Got 100,s of those little co2 cartridges for my 9mm Barretta. Sould improve consistency due to gas giving cooling effect during multiple shots.

Will come back to you when ive had a few shots with new mag... will check the fps also.

Cheers

Yak

nice one yak look forward to seeing the results of the co2 mag, will order one myself after xmas.

ideally i would like an inner barrel 1000mm long as i will be making a silencer for it to run into.

are you using the standard hop rubber in yours or a different one.

jay

Hi jay,

Using a hop rubber from prometheus, seems quite good but i didnt really give the std one a good test...just love to mod.

Dam that would be an extremely long barrel 1metre!!. I would worry that the length of the barrel may eventually have a negitive effect on the hop up due inner barrel skiming til exit of the BB? Maybe? If the hop up spins the bb anti clockwise to assist with length of flight most likely there would be an optimal exit point from the barrel before length would interfere with the spin on the bb. Besides its dam bulky as it is..carting it around the woods... need to do more gym work lol.

Will do the same test n co2 and comeback with fps and 10 shot target groupage at 50/70m no point at 20/30 as any decent m4 would have you..

Keep in touch...

Cheers

Yak