Ares Cheytac M200 - Review & Picture Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with such a long barrel you also need to concider the piston/gas output volume -v- inner barrel volume.

Perhaps this has been the problem from the start, if the cylinder/gas output is not euqal to or greater than the volume of the inner barrel then the bb will not exit the barrel under pressure and will have no 'air cushion' (the air that flows around the round) just chucking that out there.

It may also nesecitate minor porting of the outer barrel. Can anyone give the inner diamiter of ther outer barrel.

seems to me it's just a case of inefficiency.

Edited by farrasdevell
quick math says you need to have a cylinder/gas output of 31cm3, will try and work that out in blot terms later.

(allthogh i seem to recall someone saying it may be cylinder= barrel volx2 will check)

wow...far too technical for my wee brain.

nice one though fella, will be interesting to see the results, and may well be the reason for the stock performance, as im sure no other gun has a barrel this length.

would i be right in saying that the spring bolt would have the same output regardless of spring strength,meaning stronger springs would only give faster projectile speed.

also would this mean that the co2 mag would resolve this problem, as it comes with stronger hammer spring which would give more volume output.

or am i just way out of my depth :rolleyes:

t_hum... will try and get some pics up tomorrow (erm..or later today)

cheers

jay

with such a long barrel you also need to concider the piston/gas output volume -v- inner barrel volume.

Perhaps this has been the problem from the start, if the cylinder/gas output is not euqal to or greater than the volume of the inner barrel then the bb will not exit the barrel under pressure and will have no 'air cushion' (the air that flows around the round) just chucking that out there.

It may also nesecitate minor porting of the outer barrel. Can anyone give the inner diamiter of ther outer barrel.

seems to me it's just a case of inefficiency.

Good point would also mean as i said the spin from the hop up most likely would be affected?? as i have the original barrel sitting here, its 800mm long internal dia is (checked on electronic vener thingy, sorry about spellin) 6.03 and outer barrel is 8.45mm. i suppose you could do hydrostatic measurment of the volume. Use water in cylinder to piston heap position measure into barrel...if any water left over great if not ######.. maybe?? doesnt sound so scientific now tho.. lol...

Some day this m200 will be great...just doing some positive thinking...

Cheers

Yak

have just ordered a co2 mag along with various hop rubbers and different weight bb's, so will do some testing when it arrives.

also found the small rubber seal rolling around in the box that fits into the inlet hole of the gas bolt.

still cant find anywhere that stocks the pdi ss 5000 spring though.

have just ordered a co2 mag along with various hop rubbers and different weight bb's, so will do some testing when it arrives.

also found the small rubber seal rolling around in the box that fits into the inlet hole of the gas bolt.

still cant find anywhere that stocks the pdi ss 5000 spring though.

Hi Jay,

Oops, i never seen mine in my box... you dont have a picture of the seal for the gas bolt you found? Box has already been thrown out, so no idea if i had one or not..

Look forward to the test results with the co2 mag.... Is there the same effect on the co2 mag as the gas mag in cold weather??

Cheers

Yak

May a well wait to see your results first...

Hi Jay,

Oops, i never seen mine in my box... you dont have a picture of the seal for the gas bolt you found? Box has already been thrown out, so no idea if i had one or not..

here you go mate, sorry for the poor quality...###### phone.

also a pic of mine now it is sprayed black.

• 2 weeks later...
here you go mate, sorry for the poor quality...###### phone.

also a pic of mine now it is sprayed black.

Thanks for that Jay, will try and get one of the lads in HK to get me a part from Ares, as i know they are not too hot when it comes to backup... Sorry been a bit busy with the xmas new year stuff and have not had a chance to measure out that theory on cylinder volume v inner barrel volume. I have a funny feeling tho, that we have some part of this theory missing due to the fact we are also calculating pulse pressure released from the cylinder when the compressed air expands into chamber plus effect from hammer spring on timed release of gas into barrel(minus loss due to seal etc).

Any news on the co2 mag, fps and accuracy etc. Was being sneaky and waiting to see how your's faired before went and ordered one myself :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

how is this rifle holding up? have you had to make any repairs since you bought it? my friend wants one badly lol

Unless your friend is Arnold Swarzennegger about 30 years ago i would suggest he handles one first, if possible see if someone will let him use it for a short amount of time on a game day, i had the same initial feelings towards the M200 "wow thats huge and impressive" but yeah thats all it is, it has zero skirmishability as the range/accuracy of it is aweful and it weighs so much that its nigh on impossible to shoot in anything other than the prone position.

• 1 year later...