Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Hmm... That does seem like a reasonable thing to do, I want to do this with my RRV to see if I like it. I already have it in a mag pouch with success but I really want to use my 6004 as I usually don't like wearing my belt. I do have some ideas of how I could improve the way my belt is layed out, hopefully that does something good.

There's several ways you can do it, some require you to drill an extra hole in the MALICE Clip and some dont.

You can go with just 2 clips

cc4f7c38.jpg

The holes circled in orange are the ones I used when I used it with just 2 clips, the lower one is drilled.

Disadvantages are that it isnt that stable as the majority of the weight is near the back on a GBB. Most PALS mounts seem to be made around this principle, such as the SERPA (though thats more to do with the design of the holster as well), Blade Tech TCR and early varients of the 6004 PALS mounts.

You also have a very limited choice of angle as well. At its steepest angle, the bottom of my 6004 (under the pistol frame) was parallel to the PALS.

6fe90e69.jpg

That is how I currently have it setup. The clip on the furthest right makes the whole setup a lot more stable and rigid, the clip is mounted upside down as the locking tab is thick enough to prevent the clip from slipping through the PALS loops.

Also, because of the added stability of that clip, it means I can only use one of the screw holes in the middle clip.

It's still not rock solid, but its one of the more stable chest mounted setups I've used. Aside from the new MLS from Safariland which looks promising, I don't think you will get much more stability.

Merged RAV and RRV threads to create a general plate carrier thread.

Hey thanks for taking my thread and ###### on it. The whole entire spirit of the thread that I created was to keep it to Paraclete goodness only and keep out all the riff raff of *suitcasey* plate carriers. Its very hard to find pictures of other airsofters with RAVs and that is usually because of the two-million idiots with RRVs and CIRAS's.

Thanks though, in your infinite wisdom you just managed to make this thread cluttered with junk. You took a good thread, with good conversation about Paraclete RAVs and made it into another *suitcasey* thread that clutters these forums.

Would it really hurt you to just let us RAV users have our own thread? You can make your own seperate Plate Carriers thread, trust me I am sure the millions of CIRAS/RRVs that cover it won't mind as they rule those threads anyways.

Edited by Troubadour
Hey thanks for taking my thread and ###### on it. The whole entire spirit of the thread that I created was to keep it to Paraclete goodness only and keep out all the riff raff of *suitcasey* plate carriers. Its very hard to find pictures of other airsofters with RAVs and that is usually because of the two-million idiots with RRVs and CIRAS's.

Thanks though, in your infinite wisdom you just managed to make this thread cluttered with junk. You took a good thread, with good conversation about Paraclete RAVs and made it into another *suitcasey* thread that clutters these forums.

Would it really hurt you to just let us RAV users have our own thread? You can make your own seperate Plate Carriers thread, trust me I am sure the millions of CIRAS/RRVs that cover it won't mind as they rule those threads anyways.

I own a CIRAS, RRV and a RAV, so i guess im of average intellect, i always wondered about this so thanks for clearing that up.

Just to be clear then,

CIRAS and RRV = STUPID

"one of the above" =DUMB maybe?

CIRAS, RRV and RAV = ????

RAV only =clever.

you kind of contradict yourself though, your clearly a RAV owner but your post appears to be written by a retard.

im confused.

Edited by Jimmypie
I own a CIRAS, RRV and a RAV, so i guess im of average intellect, i always wondered about this so thanks for clearing that up.

Just to be clear then,

CIRAS and RRV = STUPID

"one of the above" =DUMB maybe?

CIRAS, RRV and RAV = ????

RAV only =clever.

you kind of contradict yourself though, your clearly a RAV owner but your post appears to be written by a retard.

im confused.

I wasn't calling every owner of a RRV and CIRAS an idiot. I was just saying it was the more common one and therefore more idiots own one. I wasn't talking about the people who have put together a good CIRAS or RRV, more so about the guys that run a black CIRAS with twenty-seven shingles and a punisher patch.

It was more so just me being very ###### off that my thread got completely raped by Hoppum and that its ###### that RAVs cant have their own thread, because obviously they are much rarer to see and I made it because I didnt feel like sifting through thousands of CIRAS/RRVs to find the one RAV.

Yeah, I think it was kind of unfair for this to be renamed to a general plate carrier thread.

If the weesatch/wasatch gets it's own thread, why not the RAVs?

RRVs and CIRAS should get their own thread as well, as they seem to be pretty common. I mean, Armalite guns AKs, G3s, and MP5s get their own thread. They are all essentially a gun, but different. This is the case for RAVs and RRVs, they carry armor, but they're different.

Anyway, nice vests everyone. I might consider picking up an RAV myself later. What makes them so special/unique, compared to other plate carriers?

HPC would probably fit great. I'm 5'6" 135 and the thing fits me and could be sinched down even tighter.

DSC00045.JPG

While each side of the cummerbund is approx 18" it can be shortened by moving the attachment straps closer to the center of the back plate carrier.

DSC00046.JPG

adjustment system

DSC00047.JPG

Pics courtesy of Sigyness.

Edited by Gigueand

As I said in response to your pm, the picture area is for mainly pictures with a bit of banter, if you wanted to discuss RAVs then the gear area is a more appropriate area for your own thread for all thing RAV/Paraclete.

On reflection it would've been better if I'd moved the original thread but what's done is done.

Edit: Right, been through and moved all the old RAV posts to the new thread.