Pictures of your Plate Carriers

Actually yes, the fire and heat of a round tend to make them fairly clean (IRL) and most infections from puncture wounds (ie running into a tree- saw a guy get his ear pierced in Snowmass in the woods this year...) are due to inadequate materials used to cover them.

KM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Noone is getting shot with bullets, however i would agree that i would rather use what i had, as in if one were to lacerate the skin during a game i would use whatever the hell i had to cover it.

Incase noone knows first aid classes do teach this, if nothing is avaliable rip up a shirt etc.

However i would concur that perhaps you should keep the guaze in a sterile container.

Aside from being totally submerged or walking through a sand storm, I don't think there's too much that might find it's way into my med pouch. Not saying that a sealed product isn't preferable over not, just that for myself and from an airsofter's point of view it's good to go.

Anyone know where to source the fake soft armor inserts, i think they were made by Toy Soldier?? Thanks.

You can make them from cardboard and packing tape (sweatproof). They should be 1 inch thick, which is roughly four layers of box carboard. Camping mats are not rigid!!! :waggle:

SAPI Wiki info & measurements

Front and back SAPI plates:

Extra Small - 1.27kg (2.8lb) | .184 x .292 m (7.25 x 11.5 in)

Small - 1.59kg (3.5lb) | .222 x .298 m (8.75 x 11.75 in)

Medium - 1.82kg (4.0lb) | .241 x .318 m (9.5 x 12.5 in)

Large - 2.09kg (4.6lb) | .260 x .337 m (10.12 x 13.25 in)

Extra Large 2.40kg (5.3lb) | .280 x .356 m (11 x 14 in)

Link to useful pics for the angles (taken from Militaryphotos)

55c561c1.jpg

9b19ebb3.jpg

9ec046a4.jpg

You can make them from cardboard and packing tape (sweatproof). They should be 1 inch thick, which is roughly four layers of box carboard. Camping mats are not rigid!!! :waggle:

Anyone know where to source the fake soft armor inserts, i think they were made by Toy Soldier?? Thanks.

Kindly read the post you're quoting :)

Based on my experience, I've found that open cell foam does a better job of replicating soft armor inserts than closed cell foam does as it's closer in flexibility to real soft inserts than blue camping mat is. Any of the arts and crafts chains in the US should have it. I've attached a pdf file with templates for balcs cut (i.e. CIRAS/FSBE) soft inserts that is pretty easy to find online.

-Piano.

BALCS_Pattern.pdf

3221_70987267625_505147625_1499981_3407107_n.jpg

Fatal: Where did you get that pouch just above your mags? I like the name tag.....

I'm on a boat! "Bustin 5 knots wind whippin out my coat. Take a picture trick! I'm on a boat b*tch! We're drinking Santana champ cause its so crisp. I got my swim trunk & my flippie floppies, I'm flippin burgers you're at Kinko's straight flippin copies."