Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

DBT made those velcro-covered pouches specifically for the Battlelab Accessory Platform in their new Praetorian and FAPC carriers. As far as I know, they're the only manufacturer who makes them for that specific purpose.

When you say 7.62, do you mean you want a pouch that's M14/SCAR-H magazine size, or SR-25 magazine size? DBT makes a velcro covered pouch for SR-25 mags.

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/Accesso...-P2911C159.aspx

The SCAR-H and SR25 mags are essentially the same size, with the M14 being around the same as well. I plan to use them for SCAR-H mags, though.

I have seen the DBT ones, and I figure they'll work in an EPC. But I always wondered if anyone else made the pouches, seeing how they did design the pocket insides to be covered in 'cro.

As far as I know, the velcro-covered pocket interior and velcro-covered pouch exterior system (they call it the Accessory Platform) is a DBT thing. I haven't owned an EPC in a while, but if I remember correctly, the entire pocket is not covered in velcro, so it's not really meant for those pouches. It was designed as a pocket for a pistol or other misc stuff.

And a word to the wise: Unless you've tried it, I wouldn't go and buy a bunch of SR-25 pouches for SCAR-H mags, only to find out they don't fit comfortably. I'm sure they'd sit well in the pouch, but maybe not optimally. There's a reason multiple companies make both SCAR-H/M14/G3 magazine pouches and SR-25 pouches.

As far as I know, the velcro-covered pocket interior and velcro-covered pouch exterior system (they call it the Accessory Platform) is a DBT thing. I haven't owned an EPC in a while, but if I remember correctly, the entire pocket is not covered in velcro, so it's not really meant for those pouches. It was designed as a pocket for a pistol or other misc stuff.

Well, I own an EPC (cummerbund model, holster not included), and I assure you, the interior of the pocket is covered in velcro; hook fabric on the outer side, loop on the inner. A pistol doesn't stay in well, as there is no retention device.

And a word to the wise: Unless you've tried it, I wouldn't go and buy a bunch of SR-25 pouches for SCAR-H mags, only to find out they don't fit comfortably. I'm sure they'd sit well in the pouch, but maybe not optimally. There's a reason multiple companies make both SCAR-H/M14/G3 magazine pouches and SR-25 pouches.

Luckily for me, VFC finally released their SCAR-H midcaps. However, SR25 mags are very similar to MK17 mags. M14 mags are less so. Only STAR's SCAR uses hybrid M14/MK17 magazines, which is innacurate to the real-steel design.

I've never seen separate magazine pouches for different 7.62 NATO magazines (minus the HK417's magazine, which isn't compatible with 7.62 shingles and such, according to Mayflower). I've additionally never seen one specify "G3" as the type of magazine it's for, either. A pouch which fits an SR25 magazine will fit an M14 magazine as well, for the differences in dimensions are very little, and neither is really bigger than the other. The same goes for the MK17 magazine, which is even more similar to an SR25 magazine.

As an example, Mayflower lists the SCAR-H magazines alongside the SR25 magazine as examples of magazines which will fit in their 7.62 shingle pouch.

Of course, were I going to still try SR25 mags in the SCAR, I would only purchase one to try it, or even take a look at the two while at a retailer.

Edited by Lizzard
Well, I own an EPC (cummerbund model, holster not included), and I assure you, the interior of the pocket is covered in velcro; hook fabric on the outer side, loop on the inner. A pistol doesn't stay in well, as there is no retention device.

And this is why they made the pistol holster insert for it...  :rolleyes:

And this is why they made the pistol holster insert for it... :rolleyes:

Yes of course, but if you actually read the entire conversation, that was not the topic, and your post is rather irrelevant. I used that as an example of how my PC was different from the kind which came with the holster insert, and instead had a pocket full of Velcro.

"Juz makz surz you dun takez of that ffiiiffty neen fifty awf thats hatz dawg!" (hahaha...)

But seriously it would be a fun loadout... Tactical gangster.

Requires sneakers, low-riding jeans, wife beater and a Glock...

^ So i guess all the guys i see who wear regular jeans, or ball shorts, or khaki shorts and wear the hat straight backwards all dont exist right?

Dont judge what people wear because of another stereotype that is mixed in with it.

I own three of those myself, only wear one.

Edited by reaper16