Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

I think you were talking to me, but they ride up when I wear it, it's because I pushed it apart so it could stand properly.

It's comfortable either way for me..

If it wont stand up by its self it sounds like there is nothing inside it :rolleyes: . Get some cardboard and thick camping bed roll, make templates and make carboard plates about an inch thick then make out lines of the back and front and cut them out of the camping bed roll, and your sorted. It will be much more realistic and will feel so much more comfortable, as it will hug your body so you can carry much more weight, as its more spread out, then do it up so its a tight fit not lose. It will be far more comfortable make it more stable, will spread weight more so you can carry more with less fatigue, holds its shape better, looks better, and its how its designed to be worn. Its like wearing shoes without laces, they wont fit right as there designed to use laces (only if they are lace up shoes of course :P) try it it will work.

Edited by boomheadshot (infidel)

tis my pc its a cheap chinese one but it does the job

it has a quick release handle which is totaly useless because when the buckles relaese you still have to open the velcro and it takes 10 minutes to reset

it came in this set up

IMG_0562.jpg

and now i wear it like this its still a work in progress

the dump pouch will be in the middle (so i can dump my mag straight out the gun) there will be a second grenade and maybe a double 40 mil grenade pouch (if i can find one cheap in acu )

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

so what do you think

@ reborn

what type of vest is that? where do they sell that? do they come in acu? does it hold its form when you only put in one mag in each pouch

Edited by teflon don
what type of vest is that? where do they sell that? do they come in acu? does it hold its form when you only put in one mag in each pouch

http://www.optactical.com/weesatch.html

It's an HSGI Weesatch with shoulder pads, available from lots of different online retailers. One mag works ok in each pouch, yeah. And yes, it's available in UCP.

- Zepher

Edited by CapaciousZepher
If it wont stand up by its self it sounds like there is nothing inside it :rolleyes: . Get some cardboard and thick camping bed roll, make templates and make carboard plates about an inch thick then make out lines of the back and front and cut them out of the camping bed roll, and your sorted. It will be much more realistic and will feel so much more comfortable, as it will hug your body so you can carry much more weight, as its more spread out, then do it up so its a tight fit not lose. It will be far more comfortable make it more stable, will spread weight more so you can carry more with less fatigue, holds its shape better, looks better, and its how its designed to be worn. Its like wearing shoes without laces, they wont fit right as there designed to use laces (only if they are lace up shoes of course :P ) try it it will work.

It does now, but for the picture, it didn't. Anyway, moving on lol.

Hey I was wondering if you can open up the PC and take a picture of the inner parts. Like lay it out open..

Thanks!

no problem

do you mean so you can see the wires and the plates or just the inside

If you put the dumper hanging down the front, the thing will flop around when mags are in it, and your "mandard issue weapon" will not appreciate it.

i thought that the that bag prevent a bb from hitting my "mandard issue weapon" but a 700 gram mag hitting me each time i step looks like a bigger problem

are there belts that can hook up to a molle vest

i need something to attach a holster too but i want it to be stable

It's up to personal preference, but I don't think it's a good idea to attach your belt to your vest. Your vest moves with your upper body and a belt should sit on your hips. If they are connected it is that much harder to move.

To answer your question there are some (non plate carrier) vests with loops for a pistol belt. Also Blackhawk makes this nifty thing to connect the belt strap of a thigh holster to your vest, which causes the same problems with movement.

Hey I was wondering if you can open up the PC and take a picture of the inner parts. Like lay it out open..

Thanks!

here you go

don't mind the patch there is velcro there and i have no idea what for

but that not the only funny thing there is no vercro in the back ( for a neck protector) there are some molle straps on the back and there is a big nylon strap where my plates are

IMG_0704.jpg

here is a picture of how the quick release works

IMG_0705.jpg

It's up to personal preference, but I don't think it's a good idea to attach your belt to your vest. Your vest moves with your upper body and a belt should sit on your hips. If they are connected it is that much harder to move.

To answer your question there are some (non plate carrier) vests with loops for a pistol belt. Also Blackhawk makes this nifty thing to connect the belt strap of a thigh holster to your vest, which causes the same problems with movement.

i have a tactical vest that hooks wright on my belt and it works great but then again the vest is really light and flexible my pc isn't

i still have to find a good solution

now i have a plastic holster that hooks up to my belt and the holster sits on my back (so i can easily grab it with my left hand)but i have to tighten my belt really tight so that the holster doesn't bounce around when i run

So you could attach Interceptor armor to that PC no problem, eh...? I have a terribly cool idea...

there is velcro for the shoulder pads

there are 2 molle straps in front for the protector

and maybe you can hook up the neck protector on the straps on the back

so whats you cool idea

Edited by teflon don
no problem

do you mean so you can see the wires and the plates or just the inside

i thought that the that bag prevent a bb from hitting my "mandard issue weapon" but a 700 gram mag hitting me each time i step looks like a bigger problem

You can either use suspenders or belt stays (which connect the duty belt to your pants belt) to keep the belt level and prevent sagging.