Pictures of your Plate Carriers

My BattleLabs FAPC Gen. II.

PA300153.JPG

PA300155.JPG

PA300157.JPG

Kit List:

FAPC Gen. II

BattleLabs Dual 9mm Pistol Mag Pouches

BattleLabs Triple M4 Mag Pouches (stuffed with two 5.45 style Ak Mags each)

Emdom B.O.M.B. Pouch on the back.

Knives, Gloves, Glow Stick, etc...

Missing from the picture is the Hydration Carrier inside of the Emdom pouch, and my radio w/ headset. I dig this rig so much. I got the small size, and aside from having two half columns of MOLLE on the front bib, it rocks. I'm a small little guy (if you couldn't tell by my childlike frame in the pictures ;) ) and the vest fits me perfectly. It's nice to find some gear that is comfortable and awesome to wear. I highly recommend this rig to anyone looking for a low profile carrier, with a good amount of real estate and comfort.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Edit, toooootally wrong page....

Anyway, nice vest RC, is that a holster sitting just above your *albartroth*? Hard to see whether it's attached to the vest or not.

Yep, lol:

IMG_2906.jpg

The reverse mount actually works VERY well (I hate leg rigs and chest mounts) as I can draw it one handed in any position. Reholstering is a bit more tedious, I need to use both hands, but aside from a GITS kinda feel to it, it's definitely the way I'm mounting holsters from now on.

Warrior RICAS:

http://www.airsoftreview.co.uk/images/IMG_0404.JPG

Things have changed/moved around since the above pic.

John

I've never used a RICAS so I apologize if I'm wrong, but it looks like your front panel is hanging WAY too low. I would suggest, if it works the same as a CIRAS, pulling the two shoulder straps two or three grommets down. Generally speaking, the two velcro'd shoulder pads should be partially inside the rear plate carriers sleaves.

ciras.jpg

Granted that is a CIRAS but I'm assuming that the RICAS, which as far as I know, is basically the same.

Edited by Ranger_Captain
It's way low, it should be much higher up, to get the plates to protect the vital organs. But for airsoft the protection wouldn't matter but I think it would be way more comfortable to have it sit snugly.

Indeed, I find that the only time that the CIRAS gives any shoulder/back pains is if I have it inappropriately sized. Plus, if it's too lose (which it looks like it might be) when you run you get kind of a "boobie bounce" thing going on which gets old REALLY fast :P

this is my Navy VelTye Hugger plate carrier

its a small-medium vest, with LARGE size plates and 6x6 side plates

i have intergrated chest straps, so i can switch out chest rigs.

the rig is a Blackhawk low vis. i cut off those gp pouches and added molle

for a Tactical tailor shingle. also MBITR pouch was sewn on the side, as well

as nylon with molle, which holds my TAG saw pouch.

veltye1.jpg

veltye2.jpg

veltye3.jpg

veltye4.jpg

question, Im looking to get a fapc, i was wondering on how the sizes are, i see it has your chest size. I normally wear a size large shirt, im 6ft 2inches and 190lbs i was wondering if it would be too big to get one in size large?

Doubt it.

All the FAPCs are pretty small in comparison to most vests. And they are pretty limited in their size due to being made for a specific plate size.

Don't understand why they would put chest sizes unless they don't leave much slack for the side straps and shoulder straps.

This BHI PC is designed for 10x12 plates and doesn't cover much of my chest.

DSC02346.jpg

I think the thing that most people have to realize about the FAPC is that its not meant to be a suit of armor for you; If you want that buy a CIRAS.

The FAPC is exactly as its name implies, a Fast Attack Plate Carrier. Its not meant to be the end all be all armor, just a simple application to keep you reasonably protected while maximizing mobility. You won't be able to carry a lot of stuff on it, but such is the nature of the beast.

If you want LDHS its hard to beat the FAPC, even with the cummerbund.

Edited by 08kecarv

I got to give a plug for the FACP also. It's a really small rig, but If you plan out layout right, you can carry everything you need. I'm a small guy (5'8" and about 120 lbs) and the smallest size FAPC fits me perfectly. On my friend though (average sized guy) it's pretty small. However, the large size fits him well, and does not look out of place at all.

I'd totally recommend getting one. They are great rigs to run around in. Also, if your worried about carrying space, the FAPC rides high enough that you can easily wear a belt kit underneath it without any hassle. I've got one of BattleLabs Assault Belts that I use with mine, and it works perfectly.

question, Im looking to get a fapc, i was wondering on how the sizes are, i see it has your chest size. I normally wear a size large shirt, im 6ft 2inches and 190lbs i was wondering if it would be too big to get one in size large?

With the DBT FAPC, you decide your size based on your plate size. The medium and the large are actually the same size, because they fit the same sized plates (10" x 12" plates), meaning they cover the same amount of area on your chest. The only difference being in the shoulder straps. The large has longer straps than the medium. I'm 5'11 around 180lbs w/ athletic build and I had a medium size, and I had the shoulder straps on the shortest position. Considering the fact that most people use their PC's entirely too low on their body, I'd recommend getting a medium because you can elongate the PC quite a bit with the straps. You may want to call DBT as well to find out what they recommend.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that the FAPC has JUST enough material to cover the plate, therefore the sizes tend to run slightly small. For reference, cut out some cardboard or paper in the plate size, and add maybe an inch to every side, and that's about how much coverage you're going to get with the FAPC. It is designed to be a normal plate carrier, very much like what you see with regular vests that only take plates, with the exception that they added molle webbing to allow carrying pouches if desired.

Continuing with the fact that most people run their PC's too low, if you ran the FAPC correctly, you'd have MORE than enough room for a battle belt underneath it, allowing for more molle real estate if needed.

It is not at all uncomfortable to run a PACA underneath it as I did in my pictures. If anything, it secures the FAPC even more against your body. Be aware that it WILL get hot in summer conditions and you will suffer from heatstroke if not properly hydrating. If you are rather heavy for your height, then it may get a little bulky, but it's still manageable considering it's a lower-profile(d) rig to begin with.

Hope this helps.

Edited by MS3 Race

Thanks that answered my questions. Im not looking to carry a bunch of gear. I only take the essentials out, 6 mags, frs and vhf radio, dead rag, and my camelback with water and extra ammo. If i get one i plan to run some sort of belt kit with it. Im searching for something thats not going to be bulky too many rigs have i bought a sold because they just take up to much room and i can not move as well as i would like to.

Edited by Fingers A.R.S.E.

Military Morons has a review of both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 FAPC which really helped me decide on the Gen 1 when I purchased it: http://militarymorons.com/equipment/protective.html I've seen both the medium and large FAPC gen 1 and they are not the same as the medium wouldn't hold any of the large plates I own, but the large would. Also, there is a cummerbund that you can attach if you need to hold more gear.

-Piano

I've seen both the medium and large FAPC gen 1 and they are not the same as the medium wouldn't hold any of the large plates I own, but the large would.

Oh wow. That's interesting. Do you know if maybe the fapc were older versions? The DBT website states that both med and large are 10" x 12". Before I got mine, I called to confirm that because it seemed bizarre to me, but DBT said it was the way that it was. Maybe the newer ones are like that.

Either way, if planning on getting one, CALL DiamondBack Tactical and verify all of this, as they will help select the proper measurements.