Pictures of your Plate Carriers

MS3 -

It might have been the older version for both (The medium had black buckles so I think it was an older model as current ones have buckles of matching color, but the large was newer than that) as MM's review mentions a different sizing too and that different curve SAPI plates fit differently (Double vs Triple Curve). The medium would not fit large Ceradyne plates. I contacted the current owner of the large FAPC and it currently holds Toy Soldier plates just fine. TS plates are noticeably thicker than the equivalent Ceradyne plate (which is thinner than the green ESAPI plate btw), but equivalent in width and length.

Fingers A.R.S.E. -

Addressing the post that got this FAPC discussion rolling, because of your height and weight, I'd recogmend getting the Large as I'm 6'2" and 200lbs and that's the size plate I use. It should fit between "notch and navel," with the top of the plate at your jugular notch, and the bottom perhaps an inch above your navel.

Hope this helps,

Piano.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Fingers A.R.S.E. -

Addressing the post that got this FAPC discussion rolling, because of your height and weight, I'd recogmend getting the Large as I'm 6'2" and 200lbs and that's the size plate I use. It should fit between "notch and navel," with the top of the plate at your jugular notch, and the bottom perhaps an inch above your navel.

Hope this helps,

Piano.

You know what's funny about this is that my FAPC sits exactly as you've described however it looks small on me :P

Military Morons has a review of both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 FAPC which really helped me decide on the Gen 1 when I purchased it: http://militarymorons.com/equipment/protective.html I've seen both the medium and large FAPC gen 1 and they are not the same as the medium wouldn't hold any of the large plates I own, but the large would. Also, there is a cummerbund that you can attach if you need to hold more gear.

-Piano

enjoying my old carrier are you? Guess you sold my medium for a large then?

FAPC is fun, here is a comparison to an EPC:

P1010013-2.jpg

P1010014-2.jpg

EPC is L/XL

FAPC is M

You know, i've been debating whether or not to get a medium FAPC. I mean, my FAPC fits me exactly as Piano said it should but it still looks small. You guys think I should get a medium? (I have a small G2 FAPC). If you need pics of how it looks i'll post em up.. gimme a minute...

Here we are:

013-4.jpg

Edited by 08kecarv

My recently acquired CIRAS (land) most of my pouches are still in the mail.

Going to end up with: 3x 200 rnd. saw pouches, those two pouches in the picture, water bladder, 1x single m4 pouch, 2x grenade pouches, and 4x pistol mag pouches. All that is going to be arriving soon. I'm so exited!

ciras.jpg

EDIT: Forgot picture

Edited by Plankton
My recently acquired CIRAS (land) most of my pouches are still in the mail.

Going to end up with: 3x 200 rnd. saw pouches, those two pouches in the picture, water bladder, 1x single m4 pouch, 2x grenade pouches, and 4x pistol mag pouches. All that is going to be arriving soon. I'm so exited!

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx301/planktonairsoft/ciras.jpg

EDIT: Forgot picture

Real?

Sinner love your rigs, can I get a kit list?

EPC:

4x Paraclete singles

Eagle 2-M4/4-45

Eagle GP

Eagle Medic

Eagle admin

Eagle MAP

Paraclete upright GP

SDS personal Radio pouch

FAPC

Paraclete Triple shingle with .45 pouches

2x Paraclete singles

Eagle GP

Paraclete upright GP

Emdom Admin/SAF

Eagle MAP with attached Emdom single

Blackwater single pistol mag pouch

Wow looks great Mishkan!!! Very clean looking too :P

You cut the sides of your SERPA to fit a railed... Beretta? (guessing)

Yea, I didn't have a dremel so I heated up one of my knives in a burner and cut through it.

Here is an image of me wearing the kit, sans serpa

IMG_5784070.jpg

Edited by Mishkan
  • 2 weeks later...
That looks... really wide, really wide.

You should've gotten a smaller size, though if you like it that way, and I know some people who do, then awesome. I really like the layout of it. Nice, I really like Ranger Green and similar colors.

Takes a bit of getting used to. I'm a XXXL sort of guy. Most of the plate carriers don't come in size fat *albatross*.

You short skinny people should feel lucky. :(