Pictures of your Plate Carriers

WAS ciras compact and fullsize? Looks nice :) . How do they sit?

I found the regular fullsize is just a bit too big, even for a medium frame, couldn't get it to sit right and have seen plenty of other who couldn't either. I certainly wouldn't recommend it unless you are 6 foot plus really.

The compact on the other hand is perfect for small to large frames, perfectly adjustable.

I run mine with the weight/load spread between the front an back, with minimum pouches on the side/cummberbund bit, also with fake plates. In that set up it's perfect for me, plenty of molle space but also low drag enough for me to be able to get though doors/holes in walls without getting caught.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Solid bits of kit though, can't fault the quality. Here, I'll pop them both on in a mo and get some snaps. To be honest, I haven't a scoobies on how you adjust the compact one :P I've put on a bit of timber this autumn as well, so the full-fat model fits a bit better now :)

Solid bits of kit though, can't fault the quality. Here, I'll pop them both on in a mo and get some snaps. To be honest, I haven't a scoobies on how you adjust the compact one :P I've put on a bit of timber this autumn as well, so the full-fat model fits a bit better now :)

Two methods of adjusting the compact, either by just changing how far in to the centre you pull the velcro under the front flap, or by opening up the rear. It looks dead complicated but it's just a case of deciding which holes you want to go with on the cummerbund parts, slotting the loop of paracord through them from the near-body side outwards, and then sliding the quick release cable through the end of said loop to hold it together.

Quality stuff though I couldn't agree more, personally I prefer the more standard looking style mag pouches to those 'low profile' ones as they hold 1 mag more securely with the lid folded in, but both designs work perfectly well end of the day. R.e. the standard RICAS, I think they must've used Arnie as their model when designing it to be honest, I know you get some big guys in the teeth arms of the military but that thing is just huge, I could use it as a marquee to hold a concert for quite a few people of my size.

i really need to get my rig sorted, i just dont know where to put half of my pouches, same with my belt.

i just cant seem to get it perfect there is always something i cant reach for and when i think its not important then suddenly when im out on a game it is very important and its a sod to get to.

ok my weapons differ from game to game,

i have an M4 a AK, M14 and a 1911

most of the time i use my M4 wich i have no issue with and my pistol mags are easy to access

BUT when i switch weapons i have a slight issue on mag placement.

i only have a double HSGI universal pouch which holds upto 6 m4 mags or 4 AK,M14 mags, now this pouch is situated on my belt as when i use my M14 i tend to dump my plate carrier as i preffer to go light when carrying a heavy weapon. the problem is with pistol holster, dump pouch, 4 pistol mags and that double pouch i cant put it where i want becasue my dump pouch is occupying that area so i have to do a weak sided reload and its a royal pain, especially with my M14 mags as they are stubborn and dont want to come out of the pouch (yes i need magpuls)

ive experimented with putting my pistol on my plate carrier but when i have my M14 i dont have a secondary, should i get some of these and stick my pistol pouches over them and chuck the HSGI universal pouch?

not to mention i have smoke frag and untility pouches too.

sorry i cant explain it very well ill get some pics up.

Edited by Fellowz

762RBAVFront.jpg

762RBAVBack.jpg

Here's my 7.62/5.56 rig, Fellowz if you wanted an example. I don't carry as many pistol mags as you, but hopefully it helps.

Kit list:

ATS 7.62 Shingle, Coyote

BAE ECLiPSE RBAV, Khaki

BAE ECLiPSE Hydration Carrier, Khaki

EI Admin, Khaki

EI M14 Double, Khaki

EI M9 Pouch, Khaki

LBT M60 Pouch

TAG MBITR Pouch, Coyote

TAG Medical Pouch, Coyote

TT Tear-Off Panel

-Piano

Ordered my WAS W RPC 7 2 days ago, and look what shows up on my door today!

Got the parcel at about 2.30pm today, well excited

_MG_8022.jpg

"Push, Push"

_MG_8024.jpg

1 smiley :D

_MG_8025-1.jpg

It's pretty light when i hold it, but very very sturdy

_MG_8028.jpg

Warrior Assault System

_MG_8029.jpg

The Buckle, much better then my ACM one *of course that is*

_MG_8030.jpg

The Back

_MG_8031.jpg

These came with fake inserts, which I wasn't expected

_MG_8032.jpg

Close up

_MG_8033.jpg

Picture with my 5.11 RUSH72. The RPC-7 material feels rougher then my 5.11, which are both 1000D cordura I believe.

_MG_8034.jpg

I have to say, I am very impressed with this purchase; And for just less then 50 quid, it's a great buy for me :D

Sorry about the pictures quality, Photobucket down saved my photos

Nice RBAV, how do you like it? I'm seriously contemplating getting one.

I like it. The 500D material is a lighter material and a lot more flexible than 1000D so it fits better than some of the previous carriers I've owned. The fact that the flap over the cummerbund is 6 columns wide as opposed to 4 on the land CIRAS so that's pretty useful as I'm able to mount a triple shingle there. My only complaint is that the rear wings don't extend all the time due to the more flexible material and my lack of proper inserts. I'm using high density open cell foam right now, which while comfortable, doesn't quite have the same lateral stiffness as real panels.

-Piano

I've been hearing that the RBAV is a bit nicer than, say, a CIRAS, which is why I've been thinking of getting one over a MarCIRAS or RAV, what do you think, as far as comparisons? Used a RAV before?

While I've used an pre-MSA RAV before, it was more than a year prior to owning the BAE vest so I didn't get a chance to compare them side by side. Between the MSA RBAV and this, it was a toss up and came down to price. The MSA vest was definitely stiffer, and the BAE fits more like my Vel-tye, if that helps.

Merry Christmas,

-Piano

My lovely-awkward Plate Carrier

Gearing back up for the new season.

I'm off to buy more CB after I learn how to make a hydration carrier work on this.

An Armor Chassis? How is it? I hear they're very comfortable.

Yes, though it might be the way I have it adjusted as I like having the top of the front plate about at the suprasternal notch.

-Piano

That's good, I like it when it rides a bit higher and leaves room for stuff on my belt. Though I would suppose it would depend on what size you're wearing/your body size, too.

An Armor Chassis? How is it? I hear they're very comfortable.

It's the most comfortable piece of "military gear" I've ever worn. The padding on the inside makes the vest feel light as a feather when you move with it. I put military gear in quotations only because no one actually uses a Crye Chassis.

I just need to find a way to keep a hydro's tube in place on the shoulder strap. I was thinking about using zip ties. Anyone know where I can grab (coyote?) brown/tan zip ties?