Pictures of your Plate Carriers

It's the most comfortable piece of "military gear" I've ever worn. The padding on the inside makes the vest feel light as a feather when you move with it. I put military gear in quotations only because no one actually uses a Crye Chassis.

I just need to find a way to keep a hydro's tube in place on the shoulder strap. I was thinking about using zip ties. Anyone know where I can grab (coyote?) brown/tan zip ties?

Actually, I know of a guy who's a contractor or something who uses one in CB or khaki, can't remember.

That's what I keep hearing about them, makes me really want one. But the $1500 price tag keeps me away haha.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Ha! $1500? I got mine from EBay Banned. Don't tell anyone, but it's REALLY WELL MADE. No strange spacing on the MOLLE webbing, no mismatched stitching, no crazy color differences in material. It's very well made and it's actually going into my new contractor loadout. I'm really pleased with it, it's build quality is real nice.

Yes that's why I said "haha" ;), haha.

For only $115, if it's actually pretty decent, it's very tempting... but I don't know if I can bring myself to buy something with an EBB logo :P. I'm saving for an RBAV, but if I just have some extra money I may have to pick one of those up...

Got A Package From A-Stan Today!!!

My Step-Bro. Sent Me A WC CamelBck For My Rig. Cleaning The Bladder. Should have Seen The Sand That He Hid Inside The Pack That Fell Out LOL.

I like the... helpful note inscribed on your IFAK.

There's actually no trademarks or logos on the thing. Maybe one tucked away somewhere but I haven't found one. I bet I could sew a CP logo into it and have lots of fun.

You know what I mean. But if there aren't any EBB trademarks... that's even better.

New Warrior Centurion rig with replica sapis... gonna get some multicam pouches for it and sell the big 249 dumpers but I love it to bits already!

If that's anything like the Weesatch it's based off, it'll get looser when you start removing magazines.

Just spray paint it.

Spray painting something that was originally black doesn't quite work as well as just getting it in the desired color.

Unit, what's the problem you're having with hydration?

Unit, what's the problem you're having with hydration?

If you can see (i don't know if you can) the back panel of the CAGE is robust and kind of, for a lack of a better word, loose. It tightens to the back when it's on though. Point is, I was thinking about putting one of those BHI hydros on the left side under my shooting arm and working a tube over my right shoulder. Sadly, when making the CAGE, Crye didn't make loops for the hydration tube on the shoulder pads. I am trying to work out a plan for the hydration tube. That it the real concern.

Hm, the rear platebag is a little funky compared to the Crye one.

I looked up all the pics of guys I know with CAGE Chassis, and none of the pics I found seemed to have any hydration set ups... one guy has some kind of small pack on there, but I'm not seeing any hydro tubes.

Hm, the rear platebag is a little funky compared to the Crye one.

Well the back pplate area has a foam insert that creates that little block at the bottom. It can be removed and the back plate will look normal. I just figure the Chinese company put it in for a reason (probably only to avoid angry calls from Crye) so I don't want to remove it at the moment.

I looked up all the pics of guys I know with CAGE Chassis, and none of the pics I found seemed to have any hydration set ups... one guy has some kind of small pack on there, but I'm not seeing any hydro tubes.

Yeah it could be a problem. I think I'll try zip ties or just get two canteens for both sides (equal weight dist.).

I think I saw a Picture once of how it is supposed to be set up.

There are two narrow (but higher) carriers left and right of the rear Plate, basically one under each Shoulder. This would have kept a lower Profile, and also balance the Load.

Unfortunately, can't find the Picture anymore :(

Well the back pplate area has a foam insert that creates that little block at the bottom. It can be removed and the back plate will look normal. I just figure the Chinese company put it in for a reason (probably only to avoid angry calls from Crye) so I don't want to remove it at the moment.

Yeah it could be a problem. I think I'll try zip ties or just get two canteens for both sides (equal weight dist.).

That actually wasn't what I was thinking. It just looks different, like it's put a little lower. Maybe it's just harder to tell when it's not being worn.

I think I saw a Picture once of how it is supposed to be set up.

There are two narrow (but higher) carriers left and right of the rear Plate, basically one under each Shoulder. This would have kept a lower Profile, and also balance the Load.

Unfortunately, can't find the Picture anymore :(

I think you're thinking of an old pic Crye had from SHOT Show with the old Chassis. Can't remember if it was the Gen I or Gen "1.5" model, but it's not the current CAGE Chassis. Unless I'm mistaken. But the picture I'm thinkign of, he used the Crye-made hydro carriers, Flyye makes replicas of this.

He said he already had one in black, so then save some cash by spray painting it instead of buying a completely new pouch.

No I know, just saying it wouldn't turn out very well, at least from my past experiences with spray painting gear.

It's the most comfortable piece of "military gear" I've ever worn. The padding on the inside makes the vest feel light as a feather when you move with it. I put military gear in quotations only because no one actually uses a Crye Chassis.

I just need to find a way to keep a hydro's tube in place on the shoulder strap. I was thinking about using zip ties. Anyone know where I can grab (coyote?) brown/tan zip ties?

its in use by special operations and contractors, of course lol

CAGE2.jpg

CAGE3.jpg

CAGEarmor.jpg

CAGEfastballisticlid.jpg

armysfcryeCAGE1.jpg

armysfcryeCAGE2.jpg