Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

It's the most comfortable piece of "military gear" I've ever worn. The padding on the inside makes the vest feel light as a feather when you move with it. I put military gear in quotations only because no one actually uses a Crye Chassis.

Have you actually worn a real Armor chassis or just a replica? I have a real one and it is far from the most comfortable piece of military gear. TBH I like the CIRAS much more (and find it more comfortable) and a TAC vest beats both in "comfort" although it might not in utility.

Have you actually worn a real Armor chassis or just a replica? I have a real one and it is far from the most comfortable piece of military gear. TBH I like the CIRAS much more (and find it more comfortable) and a TAC vest beats both in "comfort" although it might not in utility.

I've heard the opposite from other Chassis users, though. I'd love to try one myself sometime... In this case, anyway, does it really matter if he's worn the real thing? If what he has is more comfortable that anything he's used, then it doesn't matter if the real is or not (though I'd figure it'd be similar since the EBB does seem to have a pretty close design).

Yep, every one, including the cargo pack; also got a camlekbak (not sure of the type) and a few grimlocks in there for good measure.

Edit: In case you were wondering about the mag pouch next to the GP, they've just changed the design slightly very recently (probably within a month or 2 ago). The velcro 'tongue' part is a bit smaller and the layout of the non-slip material inside is slightly altered; the other 3 are the older type, still WAS though.

Edited by CKinnerley

4246423324_ed281029b0.jpg

4246431788_9fd72c6287.jpg

4246433608_c2affa3b54.jpg

4245659499_3bd558233c.jpg

Paraclete SOHPC

3x ATS Tiered Open Top Mag Pouches

ATS Small Utility (will hold my radio)

Paraclete CANSOF Small Utility

Paraclete CANSOF Medical

Emdom Small Utilishingle

Custom cut and molded Kydex "armor plates" with foam backers in the plate pockets

IIIA Side Panels.

My hydration carrier will be a Kifaru E&E which is scheduled to ship on the 25th.

Mags are in there right now to stretch out the pockets so that it doesn't take me 2 minutes per mag to insert them into the pouches. The ATS Shingles will not work with the Lancer mags. You can insert, you can't take them out unless you don't use the interior pocket which defeats the tiered purpose. They work great with PMAGS.

The setup is pretty minimal but that's because it'll be stacked with a belt rig to carry propane and BB's for long ops.

Sorry for the poor quality pic...lighting was bad!

My warrior ricas compact. I'm currently running 6 g&p mid-caps and one in the gun. I may purchase another 2 and add one more of my mag pouches but not sure yet. Fitted to the rear i have a warrior hydration pouch and adjustable radio pouch.

Out of interest what do you guy's actually put in your utility pouches? The only things i'll need even for large weekenders are food, ammo, speed loader etc.

DSC_0004-4.jpg

Food, ammo, tools (needlenose pliers, driver set, multitool, allen/torx set), dead rag, wound rag, spare eye protection, medical (I use a med pouch for that but it's also a utility pouch), batteries, propane (if I'm running GBB), silicone oil/gun oil (if I'm running GBB), map, compass, small pad, pen.

That should be about it for an all day game.

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Jan 8 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Out of interest what do you guy's actually put in your utility pouches? The only things i'll need even for large weekenders are food, ammo, speed loader etc.

Multi tool, spare spring, ammo, glucose, gum, smokes, lighter, speed loader, gas, camo paint, first aid kit, etc.

Am encountering a problem with the Weesatch atm,

I am 5 ft 3 to be and have quite a small frame.

Anyway, when i wear the Weesatch with the default shoulder pads with no load, after a while my shoulders starts to get sore, and i think it's the shoulders pads causing it...

So... with or without for long term? keep in mind that i haven't got any load on the Weesatch just yet.

I suppose i could wait until when i get back to Hong Kong to test it out with load but i want your opinions :)

Thanks in advance

This is my first setup ever, I like to keep things fairly simple. I'm open to all opinions/advice/criticism, lemme know what else you think i need. Btw, i'm not going for any kind of "look".

Tactical Pillow Ftw

008.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

I have switched the mag pouches and the utility pouch since this picture was taken.