Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

P1000488.jpg

P1000490.jpg

P1000489.jpg

My new green kit... or the start of it rather! One Flyye FAPC Gen 2. Don't worry, it's NOT THAT GREEN. Admittedly a very different green than my BULLE OD pouches, but meh.

Funky lil carrier, and fits me very well... It's as rigid as my cock when I'm watching NCIS and either Agent Todd is in the Catholic school girl outfit or Aby is talking kinky. The plates in this thing could probably stop 120mm sabot rounds. 'ARD

It's currently got 2x M4 shingles and 2x frags... so definitely not finished. I'm adding a triple M4 shingle to the front. The awesome thing about this Gen 2 design is the interior pouch ( as seen in the pics above). I can use it as an admin pouch, OR, if so fancy, I can buy pouches that fit inside that space. Tempted to pick up a couple just for cool factor. Amusingly, you can fit more mags in there WITHOUT the pouches...

Because I like to have a belt rig also, I'm getting a custom made OD battlebelt made up, on which will go my radio, dumper, a triple shingle and pistol mag pouches. In the mean time, I'll use my old belt rig :)

@Lizzard: Last one I saw go on ebay for about $500, with side sapi pouches and soft armor. I have both, as well as front and back sapi's and the side sapi's. Its actually quite comfortable. Only problem is finding the right color matching pouches, since it isn't your average CB, its more of a "Chocolate Milk" kinda CB. But I'm going to experiment with some pouches. As is I've located a few SPC pouches as well as am getting some from a friend.

Hahaha, true, once its dirty its dirty. I have no experience to an EPC, but all I can say is that it's quite nice and comfortable, more fore a lightweight loadout, and somewhat comparable to a LAND version of the CIRAS with about the same amount of real estate. With front and back plates loaded in its quite comfortable.

As for the side plates its still comfortable, but I won't have no need for them anytime soon. And it does look quite similiar to an EPC, although difference wise I would have to look side-by-side to see any specific differences.

Looking good Shriven, it almost looks like the real deal!! I was thinking about picking up the little top zipper thing for my FAPC ( I think you know what I'm talking about :P ) and just using it to hold random stuff like my phone and keys or something.

Are those real plates in your FAPC? If so, how do they fit (i.e. are they tight and a pain to get in and out? Yes yes, cue sexual innuendo :P )? I made some crappy cardboard and duct tape ones for my DBT FAPC which fit very tightly in there, but are actually pretty comfortable to wear and are light as a feather.

Yeah, I'm tempted to grab the mag pouches myself, simply cos it's a cool little feature and I want to use it :D

Nope, fake plates that came with: Thick as hell for fake plates, and as mentioned, they're quite sturdy. Lightweight too, so they're just there to hold the shape.

It's OD, a wee bit lighter an OD than I'm used to ( I normally use BULLE and WAS), but nothing that won't be dulled down by a few layers of dirt and mud :D

I'm happy with it overall, but the colour matching on various bits of the carrier are a bit off: The buckles are almost tan, some of the bits are a much darker OD than the rest ( mainly the edges/trim). It does appear to be very very well made however, possibly not quite as well made as the WAS I've had/have, but very good nevertheless.

IMGP4661.jpg

IMGP4663.jpg

IMGP4659.jpg

MJK EI Plate carrier w/ Cummerbund retro-fit-kit

- G-Code holster w/ M9

- EI triple shingle

- EI single M4 pouch SFLCS

- Mayflower MBITR pouch w/broken MBITR shell with PMR radio inside

- EI Medic pouch w/medical supplies

- TT double pistol mag pouch

- EI Smoke pouch

- EI Charge pouch w/hydro

- Repro Comtac II w/repro U94 PTT

- DIY soft armor + DIY front&rear SAPI plates.

MJK EI Plate carrier w/ Cummerbund retro-fit-kit

- G-Code holster w/ M9

- EI triple shingle

- EI single M4 pouch SFLCS

- Mayflower MBITR pouch w/broken MBITR shell with PMR radio inside

- EI Medic pouch w/medical supplies

- TT double pistol mag pouch

- EI Smoke pouch

- EI Charge pouch w/hydro

- Repro Comtac II w/repro U94 PTT

- DIY soft armor + DIY front&rear SAPI plates.

Eizen, that EPC setup you have is quite nice. I would suggest some MSAP shoulder pads to kinda finish it off.

Also, if you dont mind my asking, where did you pick up that MSAP cummerbund?

Edited by Sgt. Kinnaird

I will consider those MSAP pads, although the EPC feels comfortable even without them.

I don't mind at all. I got the cummerbund from TriadTactical but at the moment they're out of stock.

They also pop up on ebay sometimes. Vixsin's eBay store also has them sometimes but at the moment she only has coyote and multicam.

Thanks for your comment.