Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

@ elite sniper : the bungee is a home made weaponretainer. It keeps your weapon to your side/front/back when for instance switching to side arm...

Would you happen to have a pictures of that? I still don't understand how a bungee weave through molle on the back hydration pouch would help you maintain placement of your primary if to have to transition to your sidearm. Is it like a makeshift "belt" around the weapon and the body to place the weapon out of the way?

Would you happen to have a pictures of that? I still don't understand how a bungee weave through molle on the back hydration pouch would help you maintain placement of your primary if to have to transition to your sidearm. Is it like a makeshift "belt" around the weapon and the body to place the weapon out of the way?

The bungee is for when you switch to a breeching item/weapon. That way your primary is still with you, but out of the way so you can get a good swing with the hammer/not worry about it when using the shotgun/etc. You don't use it when your switching to your sidearm. My cousin does the same thing when he's switching from his breeching shotgun to his M4.

My MOUT M249 rig, still a work in progress:

DSC03069.jpg

... and a homemade "TCI MAST" pouch at the rear:

DSC03071.jpg

kitlist:

Flyye MBSS

Flyye Admin pouch (Civvi version)

Flyye MBITR pouch (Civvi version)

Flyye 200 rounder M249 ammo pouch

Pantac Grenade pouch

Spartan Airsoft MBITR (with MYT VHF radio inside)

replica Swimmer's headset with replica Nexus PTT

Inova 24/7

@metallica,

Thanks! Simple mod I did with the radio was to install a TNC connector at the top of the dummy MBITR and had extended coming from the radio antenna to it. From there I extended the wiring using RG59 coaxial cable connected to the TNC connector going to the antenna at the back. I'll try to get photos up next time, hope you get the picture on what I did. This setup makes it more comfortable for me when running around with the SAW as the antenna does not get in the way. I could als mount my antenna directly on the dummy MBITR if the extension is not needed. a quick run to your local electronics shop should get you the parts needed for the mod :)

• 2 weeks later...