Pictures of your Plate Carriers

Thanks for the input. I'm currently using a WAS RICAS compact with a triple M4 and hydro carrier but in my opinion is a bit on the heavy side for quick games.

The JPC from Level peaks is £178 plus 20% vat and then shipping.

Pics of the current setup

9ac5c8b3.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Which for 2 plate bags connected together by 1" webbing and elastic sounds like an utter rip off. I'm about as Pro-Crye as a person can be, but the JPC looks like a lot of money for nothing.

Jeebus, thats almost $350USD before shipping.

It's $248USD direct from crye and that's still not a great price.

Do you pay VAT on all imported goods? Just curious if I could get it to you any cheaper.

Edited by frogfish

I would think is some cases we would have to, but on most of the the gear items i've had from the US its only been import duties, which have ranged from £9 to £35.

From Level Peaks, which is in the UK i'd be looking at around £235 shipped, thats if they would sell it to civilians. From the US is be looking at £177.28 at the current exchange rates. Thats shipped, then 20% VAT and possible 23% import duties i'd be looking at around the £250 mark max.

There is the replica on from Ebairsoft whic would set my back £60 shipped.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/james-jump-plate-carrier-p-4283.html

Import isn't 23%. Its closer to 3% depending on the exact item in question and is only applicable over a certain parcel value.

And VAT is applicable to almost all imports, only very specific things get reductions or exemptions, and tactical gear isn't one of them.

That said, the Border Agency don't catch everything, so as a rule of thumb we expect to get hit for 20-25% of the item's value in charges. If it doesn't happen, its a good day.

I think $250 for the JPC is an outstanding deal honestly.

The LBT 6094 retails for what, $330? And the Mayflower APC is $255 - it is far better than both in my opinion.

Besides, if you really wanted compare the two you would need to add another $30 for the kangaroo pouch - which is built in on the JPC.

Whilst I agree that $250 is a great price for the JPC, I'm not certain if I can agree with you that it's a far better option than Mayflower APC. OK I don't have the APC but I do have the Mayflower Low-Profile Assault Armour Carrier but they're both close enough. I also own a JPC.

To me each has it's place. My Mayflower LPAAC gives me more real-estate space to add more pouches, to the side, etc. Whereas the JPC is really a very minimalistic PC. What this means to me practically is during winter and cooler months I'd opt for the Mayflower and in hotter months I'd go with the JPC. Also in terms of practicality for games, if it's a short 15 min non-respawn game the JPC would suffice, whereas if it's a 1-2 hr campaign game with respawns, my Mayflower is the preferred choice. I know i can doublestack with the JPC however personally I just don't like double stacking.

Also the JPC isn't too comfortable for long term wear (esp the shoulder straps - I guess I can put on shoulder pads to them) but it does exactly what it's designed for...minimalistic.

I think you may be comparing apples and oranges there. The JPC is a minimalist design, comparable to the TYR PC series, and FAPC and other PCs like it. The APC, as with the 6094 is think is comparable to the CPC, a full fledged load bearing PC.

Anak you are right, the reason I sold my JPC is that I didn't see it being comfortable with the loads I wanted to put on it, so I sold it and kept my CPC (if I didn't have a CPC I would have kept it as it is a great PC). If I were going to replace my CPC I'd be looking at the APC or 6094, not a JPC, Tyr PC, or a FAPC (although I would look at those, just don't consider them an exact replacement).

Edited by frogfish

I have owned three Mayflower LPAAC and currently have the slick version. I dont really think either are comparable to a JPC as you are comparing a vest to a plate carrier.

I absolutely agree - each has its own place; you have to decide what you are going to wear by the "threat" level.

Also, I have worn my JPC for 3-4 hours at a time twice (with plates) and it was fine.

I dont mean to come off as a Crye apologist because I am not, but for the price I think the JPC is an absolutely killer deal.

I've been doing a lot of proxy buying for friends of Crye and other tactical gear lately and am working out the logistics of starting a tactical gear drop shipping company for non-restricted gear to Canada, the EU, and Japan

Definitely go for that, plenty of potential customers out there. Me included actually.

Good to know. Downside is I have to charge fees to make it worth my while, and trying to figure out something that isn't a rip off, yet still covers operational costs, and possibly puts a little into my wallet is tricky. I've been thinking a blanket 5%, or 5% up to $100, and 7% up to $200, 10% beyond that, but I dunno..

My Plate carrier/ body armour collection at the mo,

med_gallery_13376_1571_297632.jpg

SEAL PT armour *

PACA

Interceptor

Eagle PC (Non molle, LE version)

TAG Banshee W/O Cummerbund

TAG Banshee W cummerbund

Mayflower

Flyye MBSS *

*= replica

Edited by Jimmypie

Well, it's not as great looking yet as alot of the others in this thread, just recieved it last night but thought I'd throw it up here anyway.

022.jpg

Warrior R.I.C.A.S from UK Tactical, very nice though I think it sits a bit to high on me, dunno if it's possible to adjust the length of it, if anyone know about this do tell.

Got lots of stuff planned for this baby so when it's done at some point I'll post some new photos but right now I can't wait to try out my very first PC in the field.

It adjusts like a CIRAS.

Under the back flap there will be the ends of the internal & external cummerbund, and the shoulder straps, all with a small cord through them at some point with the release cord through it. Pull out the release from the loop, tighten or loosen them off by however many eyelets you need to, then thread the release cable back through the loop.

If in doubt, search for a CIRAS adjustment guide on Google or Youtube.

Edited by -Angel-

m07ba2.jpg

m07ba3.jpg

M07BA, Norwegian desert

Left -> Right

Combatkit Medic pouch, Norwegian desert

EI Flashbang pouch, Ranger Green

EI MBITR pouch, Khaki

EI Admin pouch, Khaki

3x ATS Tiered double shingle, Coyote

2x EI 9mm pouch, Ranger Green

2x ATS Tall shingle, Coyote

EI 100rd SAW pouch, Khaki

EI Frag pouch, Khaki

BattleLab Hydration pouch, Coyote

Gadgets:

215Gear Tourniquet holder, with SOF-TT

Camelback 3L

Leatherman Wave

IR Lightstick

Mine:

P1020664.jpg

P1020665.jpg

It's just an old Condor PC w/ cummerbund. It's lasted four years of almost weekly play, which is pretty impressive. I'm getting a little sick of it, though, and want to upgrade to something just a little bit smaller/lighter. What limits my choices is that I'd still like to be able to carry 7-8 AR mags, at least 3 40mm shells, hydro, and a GP pouch. I can always find space for my simple comm setup (I don't need anything complex).

I was thinking either a Flyye 6094 or a JPC. I want an FAPC but that seems like it'd be a little to small.

PS: Please ignore the improperly attached GP pouch. I just noticed it myself. Everything else is threaded properly.

Edited by validtumoralarm