Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

@ frogfish,

How do you like the Tyr IFAK? How is the quality of their products? (On par with LBT or Eagle in terms of stitching/quality control/material) I've been debating on whether or not to snag up one of their IFAKs...I like the design of the SOF one in particular but I'm a little hesitant with them being a rather new company.

I would say they are on par with the best of them. Their designs are a little different aiming at weight reduction while still being bomb proof, and that comes at a high price.

I'll dig out the IFAK and post some pics, it's in my spare gear bin right now while I debate on where the hell to put it.

That's the Emdom Vehicle Hydration pouch, it will be rather large on the back of a JPC clone. I actually have zip of panels on the back of my CPC so when I need to carry stuff I can quickly swap out panels and use the Emdom hydro as a backpack.

It's pricey at $120, but well worth it.

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/emdomusa/Detail?no=59

Oh, ok. I might try the TYR out since it's not too expensive. If I find it doesn't hold enough water I've got some Condor hydro carriers lying around that I can use until I decide what else to do.

I like having the storage pockets on the pack of my hydro carriers because most of them are the perfect size for an MRE, that way if I'm playing an all day or multi-day event I don't need to double pack to my pack for food.

I like how you have your CPC set up. The mag pouch setup is almost exactly how I plan to have my JPC, with BFG shingles on top of the front flap. How sturdy would you say the BFG shingles are? Does the material get pulled apart and do they hold mags pretty securely? Or are they just nice-looking range gear?

Edited by validtumoralarm

sorry on my phone so I can't say anything too lengthy, but BFG pouches are legit. Those ones have had the ###### beat out of them on that rig and another both on the airsoft field and at the range.

Take a look at my esstac KyWI mod for your JPC, it's somewhere in the MC thread but here's the final product.

7dbe3e0b.jpg

ea8bc5c4.jpg

Edited by frogfish

How sturdy would you say the BFG shingles are? Does the material get pulled apart and do they hold mags pretty securely? Or are they just nice-looking range gear?

I would say that the BFG pouches are fairly sturdy, if you're not rubbing them constantly on a vehicle's gunner's hatch or constantly dragging yourself through sand and dirt. Don't expect to be able to get a magazine back into them quickly, though--dump pouches are a must (this is most especially true if running a Glock/large double-stack pistol magazine and is partially true for rifle magazines). I've a pair of the pistol magazine pouches--I wish they made 1-, 3-, and 4-mag pouches--as well as one of their Ten-Speed Chest Rigs (which I used downrange). The chest rig is really only good for a range unless you have something else to cart anything else you need that doesn't fit (for instance, when I was wearing it over my IOTV: I still wore a GP pouch, my IFAK, and an admin pouch).

I also wish they made a 1 or 3 SR25 pouch, would make carrying stuff easier, and the same design as the single mag pouch but larger as a hydro pouch would be pretty neat. I agree, though, I don't crawl around in the dirt and I don't think they'd take exposure to abrasive or sharp object very well.

Sorry to double post but can't edit my previous post and am adding info

Gentner91 sorry it took so long to get the images of the IFAK to you, finally found a spot I liked it in after about three days of toying around, it's over my right latissimus dorsi. I will also add the Crye roll up domp pouch sucks, it opens all of about three inches and tries it's hardest to stay closed under the CPC, so it's a PITA to try to get anything into it quickly. I'm going to invest in a Tyr MOLLE dumper when I head to ADS or GSS next weekend.

here is the IFAK

DSC_2181.jpg

Open

DSC_2182.jpg

The removable organizer

DSC_2183.jpg

I have a backpacker's ETA kit developed off of ITS's recommendations, but it's a bit much for airsoft so I'm still deciding on what I want to put in it.

Frogfish-

What hydro bladder are you using in the TYR hydration carrier? It looks like a Source, but I'm not sure which one.

-Piano

TYR hydration pouch fits a Source Widepac 1,5L QMT. Just got mine and it fits perfectly!

You ever played some of the larger games like the lionclaws games, sometimes even 8 isn't enough. I can swing about 13 M4 mags on my CPC all within reach, I haven't ever done it but I could...

Boomheadshot, what PTT box is that and what is up with the cummerbund closure on your RAV? Also what brand is it?

It's here! I got it in CB because my team runs UCP. Multicam will happen if and when I buy a real one.

P1020687.jpg

I'm working on a short review right now. So far I'm pretty impressed by the quality. I've never owned a real Crye vest before, but this is on par with the Pantac, Flyye, and even the Eagle and TAG stuff I've owned.

EDIT: Review is up in the review forum!

Edited by validtumoralarm

The real JPC is that small though - as such "Jumpable". I think the trend these days are smaller (above waist) PC's anyway - Mayflower Low Profile Assault PC, CP's CPC...these make room for some kind of blast belt.

Edit: "Above belly button" is probably more accurate.

Edited by AnakChan