Pictures of your Plate Carriers

and it follows the trends in plate sizing as it should go from the notch in your sternum down to just above your belly button.

The JPC is MEANT to be small. The JPC is intended to be a minimalist rig, but able to take molle kit to build it up.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

So tempted to get one, no matter how ridiculous it will look on larger framed guys like me...

Hunk-

I think we are pretty close to the same build and I can tell you the JPC looks...well silly on a guy our size. I was at a shop here in Tokyo the other day and tried one of the JPC clones on in Multicam and it looked like I was wearing a childs plate carrier. If I was given that thing to wear in a legit situation I would have felt exposed. It didn't even seem like it covered my vital areas. If you have broad shoulders and a big chest it is going to look silly but it is comfortable. The quality on the replica I saw was pretty solid too. It looks like it fits great on validtumoralarm though.

validtumoralarm,

As I stated earlier on this page, TYR hydration pouch fits a Source Widepac 1,5L QMT. App's looks like a 2L bladder but I could be wrong.

Thank you, I know that fits. I have both the TYR pouch and the Source bladder on the way to me right now. I just wanted to know what he is running because it fills up the back of the vest quite nicely and seems like the best fit for this rig that I've seen so far.

Hunk-

I think we are pretty close to the same build and I can tell you the JPC looks...well silly on a guy our size. I was at a shop here in Tokyo the other day and tried one of the JPC clones on in Multicam and it looked like I was wearing a childs plate carrier. If I was given that thing to wear in a legit situation I would have felt exposed. It didn't even seem like it covered my vital areas. If you have broad shoulders and a big chest it is going to look silly but it is comfortable. The quality on the replica I saw was pretty solid too. It looks like it fits great on validtumoralarm though.

That's what I was afraid of. I have one of the BHI low vis carriers and its meant to take Large plates and my vital organs are barely covered properly. The PALS count of the JPC suggests its good for up to medium plates. I guess us larger guys are just expendable. :blink:

Like the JPC appslapp. Not what I expected to see on such a small rig but still coool. The thin sides have no trouble holding those sixty pouches up?

You ever played some of the larger games like the lionclaws games, sometimes even 8 isn't enough. I can swing about 13 M4 mags on my CPC all within reach, I haven't ever done it but I could...

Boomheadshot, what PTT box is that and what is up with the cummerbund closure on your RAV? Also what brand is it?

I have run 8 for a while now, in an intense fight i may go through 6 then have 2 spare to hand whilst i bomb up the empty ones.

The RAV is a *suitcasey* chinese one, I'm looking for a real one even if they run about £300 I'm sick of not having the same quality I had with my previous rig (Warrior RICAS). The PTT speaker box is a Selex CT1 which I had converted to run off motorolla 446 radios. And the cumberbund sags like a *badgeress*, so I put clips on it to help keep it up, the velcro and elastic straps are not so great making want a real one even more.

Here's mine.

5715528564_e4ccb6a197_b.jpg

5714963773_caafa1a850_b.jpg

Crye CAGE plate carrier (CPC)

Crye Zip-on panel (Pouches)

Crye CPC Stretch mag pouches

Adventure Lights VIPIR Quantum FX Chameleon

TEA E-Switch PTT

NARP CAT

Source 2L Low profile hydration (In zip-on panel)

SOG Seal pup

EMT Shears

Hunk-

FWIW, it might look silly but it doesnt have any less protection than any other plate carrier out there as long as you use the same plates. An LBT 6094 with the same plates in it will look like it protects more but it doesnt.

Some humble pictures of my even-more-humble Phantom maritime CIRAS in MJK. I really like how it fits, and it's not as bulky as I imagined it would be. I have more pouches on my shopping list; a hydration carrier for my bladder, a dump pouch, and some open top magazine pouches or shingles. I'll probably sell the Blackhawk dual mag pouch. (If anyone wants it or has an open top MJK or CB M4 pouch, PM me!)

img5067.th.jpg

img5068j.th.jpg

img5069g.th.jpg

it was....very warm, its a good way to ventilate, all that have done military service knows that;)

i know way its so loose in the pics....the elastic bands on the back did come loose the night before, and I had to fix that in the dark.....it got a lot bigger then;)

So there you have a good tip....really secure the bands on the backsection with som stripe/ducktape, they will come loose otherwise.

Edited by appslapp