Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Damn, missed that "non" sorry. I look at Warrior R.I.C.A.S type plate carriers if you need quality. Heard great feedback on them. Also looking into compact version myself

Warrior Pantac Flyye same *suitcase* different name ... Warrior is in my experience and hands on worse than pantac :S

Warrior Pantac Flyye same *suitcase* different name

Seriously not.

I've got more than enough WAS stuff here to say that it is not the same as Pantac, apart from a couple of pieces that pretty much every manufacturer produces (RRV copy etc) the 2 companies don't even sell the same designs of gear. UK-Tactical have been constantly filling massive orders to supply Warrior kit to our military as well as foreign forces for years now, and there's plenty of pictures back from Afghan to back that up, I'm not exactly seeing much flyye gear in the sandbox.

Seriously not.

I've got more than enough WAS stuff here to say that it is not the same as Pantac, apart from a couple of pieces that pretty much every manufacturer produces (RRV copy etc) the 2 companies don't even sell the same designs of gear. UK-Tactical have been constantly filling massive orders to supply Warrior kit to our military as well as foreign forces for years now, and there's plenty of pictures back from Afghan to back that up, I'm not exactly seeing much flyye gear in the sandbox.

+1 WAS is real kit, not really in the same league as Pantac/Flyye

The pouches and vest iv seen from them has not been anything i would like to depend my life on .. But i guess this is just my personal point of view..

Just bcz it has been seen in a picture in the sandbox does not make me change my mind on it .. I have seen several pictures of Strike system and such with the danish forces down there .. I base my view on Warrior on a personal point and iv seen alot of these pouches fail in the sandbox from friends..

Edit. This was not ment to bash anything just my view on it.

Edited by Plante

Whilst WAS is "real" kit, I'd feel hell of a lot more confident wearing Pantac going into battle.

Whereas Pantac/Flyye stuff is very good replicas of existing functional items, often close to being on-par with the real deal, WAS steals the designs of OK gear from other companies, then alters it slightly (to the worse, and horribly so) so they can get away from lawsuits.

Quite frankly, what I've seen of WAS gear is utter *suitcase*, to say the least, and I wouldn't even recommend it for airsoft - not in a million years for doing a job where you actually depend on it.

Probably not the best time to post, considering the above discussion, but just finished* my plate carrier. As far as I'm concerned Warrior kit is classed as real, used by real operators (I hate that term...) in real theatres of war, and has received high acclaim.** I've heard that the older stuff wasn't up to par, but no complaints about the newer gear. Then again, a lot is down to differing, personal views of equipment/spec.

* I want a different patch for the hydration carrier, and a BFG/Impact Tornado/Flash-Bang, but meh...

** Based upon various conversations/pictures/reviews/forum threads.

RICAS-Front.jpg

RICAS-Back.jpg

RICAS-Side.jpg

Warrior RICAS Compact

- 6x 5.56mm Open Mag Pouches

- Smoke Pouch w/ Mk.18 style Gas Charger

- Smoke Pouch

- Small Vertical Pouch

- Large Admin Panel w/ Name Strip & Watchmen pin-badge

- Double Pistol Mag Pouch

- Hydration Carrier w/ CamelBak Storm 3ltr

- Universal Radio Pouch w/ Motorola XTN446 & Devgru Throat-Mic

* Replica SAPI plates

Edited by Blackjack13

The pouches and vest iv seen from them has not been anything i would like to depend my life on .. But i guess this is just my personal point of view..

My only possible guess is you've seen some stuff they made many, many years ago, otherwise I've no clue at all how you're formulating that opinion.

The material they use is proper 1000D cordura, the Q/R buckles are ITW nexus, the zips are YKK, everything is double/triple stitched with the best available thread. It's all built to the same specs as all the other top end manufacturers that are around right now. I should know, I've lost count of how many hundreds of pounds I've spent at UK-Tac and how much time I've spent using this stuff for airsoft and on exercise, none of it has even come close to failing me yet.

Whereas Pantac/Flyye stuff is very good replicas of existing functional items, often close to being on-par with the real deal, WAS steals the designs of OK gear from other companies, then alters it slightly (to the worse, and horribly so) so they can get away from lawsuits.

Quite frankly, what I've seen of WAS gear is utter *suitcase*, to say the least, and I wouldn't even recommend it for airsoft - not in a million years for doing a job where you actually depend on it.

Probably best you let a large portion of the British Army know about that last part. Oh no wait, no point, since quite substantial numbers of them have taken Warrior kit out to afghan, dragged it through combat and it's come out strong at the other end.

What exactly qualifies you to make such recommendations I don't know, but as above my only possible guess is that the kit you've seen is absolutely ancient and the company perhaps weren't very good to start with; other than that I'm not sure what's going on. I, along with plenty of other users on this and other forums, have been buying their kit for a while now and it is universally praised for its' quality. If you don't own any of their recent stuff you're frankly in no position at all to comment, particularly considering there's plenty of people here who do own it (i.e. they are in a position to make judgements) and they're all saying the total opposite to you.

Looks very nice Blackjack.

I gotta admit that I don't get the whole "Warrior gear is ######" thing, I have a fullsize RICAS and it's great in every way and dosn't feel like it's about to come apart at all, so unless theres another crappy company out there with the same name I really don't see where people are getting this from.

The material they use is proper 1000D cordura, the Q/R buckles are ITW nexus, the zips are YKK, everything is double/triple stitched with the best available thread. It's all built to the same specs as all the other top end manufacturers that are around right now. I should know, I've lost count of how many hundreds of pounds I've spent at UK-Tac and how much time I've spent using this stuff for airsoft and on exercise, none of it has even come close to failing me yet.

Probably best you let a large portion of the British Army know about that last part. Oh no wait, no point, since quite substantial numbers of them have taken Warrior kit out to afghan, dragged it through combat and it's come out strong at the other end.

Is the British Army buying WAS gear? For clarification...I don't mean individuals buying pouches or PC's, but the actually Army buying stuff in bulk on a government contract. Additionally, just because people take it to war, does not mean that it's the same quality as other top end gear. I know people who've taken Condor stuff to the sandbox, and I'm fairly certain we can all agree that Condor does not match up to Crye, LBT, Eagle, etc. I'm just trying to offer some perspective, I have never seen or touched any WAS products and I don't really care how they're classified either way.

I will say that based off of everything I've seen in person and on the net, the largest difference between the top end gear manufacturers and the lower tiers (besides innovation) is quality control. That's not to say that you can't get a great product from a lower tier manufacturer, it's just that your chances of getting a lemon are higher.

And one last thought, just because a piece of kit isn't from a top tier manufacturer, doesn't automatically mean it can't hold up to the tasks asked of it.

19062011105.jpg

Paraclete Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund, SG

Paraclete Double 9mm, SG

Paraclete Small Utility

Savotta M05 Canteen Pouch, OD

Savotta M05 Double Magpouch, OD

2x Paraclete Double Magpouch, SG

3x Paraclete Large Bang Pouch (for FDF smokes)

Spec Ops Brand Medical Pouch, OD (gonna replace it with a HSGI Bleeder pouch and make it a Haribo-storage pouch)

Paraclete Hydration Pouch w/ Source 3L

Quantico Supply Large Utility, OD

CAT

Is the British Army buying WAS gear? For clarification...I don't mean individuals buying pouches or PC's, but the actually Army buying stuff in bulk on a government contract. Additionally, just because people take it to war, does not mean that it's the same quality as other top end gear. I know people who've taken Condor stuff to the sandbox, and I'm fairly certain we can all agree that Condor does not match up to Crye, LBT, Eagle, etc. I'm just trying to offer some perspective, I have never seen or touched any WAS products and I don't really care how they're classified either way.

There's a fair few pictures around of blokes in the Pathfinder regiment using Warrior plate carriers which may have been issued, but I'm not certain to be honest and obviously I'm not going to just say that they were to prove a point if I don't know for sure. Other than that, far as I know there's been no government contracts, because our government is far too cheap to buy gear like that. Also our military has a dogged insistence on designing as much kit as possible 'in-house' as it were, as opposed to just buying off the shelf products; though admittedly that has changed a fair bit in recent years but it still happens a lot. However, when it comes to private purchasing we're talking far more than just individuals, we're talking substantially large units of personnel from various regiments putting in huge bulk orders for this stuff to take on deployment.

As for comparisons with the supposed top of the line companies, I've got a lot of Warrior kit here, I've also got pouches and other kit made by Eagle, LBT, Crye, TT and probably most of the other big name U.S. manufacturers you'd care to mention, and I'd say I've been in the forces and in to airsoft long enough by now to be able to make comparisons. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing magical about EI and their ilk, base materials like 1000D DuPont Cordura are the same regardless of the label you sew on to it.

If you don't care how this stuff gets classified, that's absolutely fine, but I do. Reason being, people come on to these forums looking for advice on how they should be spending their hard earned cash, and cash is hardly in plentiful supply now-a-days I'm sure we can agree. Hence, I refuse to allow people who are not in a position to reviewing products to spread incorrect information about said products. I don't want new players sitting at home thinking "hmm, this gear on uk-tac looks good.. I'll try and find some reviews", coming on to here, getting the wrong info, and then changing their mind to "oh well, guess I'll go to EBB instead and spend $20 on a land CIRAS fully loaded with 27 different pouches".

I will say that based off of everything I've seen in person and on the net, the largest difference between the top end gear manufacturers and the lower tiers (besides innovation) is quality control. That's not to say that you can't get a great product from a lower tier manufacturer, it's just that your chances of getting a lemon are higher.

QC, I'd imagine, is technically a trickier point to prove because you can always say that some people are just lucky/unlucky depending on their given view points. But I think I own enough of the kit in question to say with some confidence that Warrior's QC is top notch. Hanging up in my wardrobe are 3 Chest-Rigs, 2 Plate Carriers and 2 MOLLE Vests, all of which feature quite a number of WAS pouches, and next to me is another box full of their stuff. I'm yet to experience a single fault of any kind, no threads coming away, no mis-stitched joins, no faults in the materials; and I've never met anyone that has either, and it's very popular gear over here.

And one last thought, just because a piece of kit isn't from a top tier manufacturer, doesn't automatically mean it can't hold up to the tasks asked of it.

I'd say that most sensible people would agree with that. Anyway point made; picture thread, so here are my PCs. One for 556, one for 762:

P1010875.jpg

Blackhawk STRIKE and RICAS Compact, both of which I went for because they have the rare quality of just about adjusting down small enough to fit me.

P1010868.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Paraclete RMV in Smoke green

Blackhawk qaud mag pouch

WAS smoke grenade pouch

Eagle single mag pouch

Flyye mbitr pouch

Genuine MTP grenade and pistol pouches

Ei utility

Admin panel

Apologies for the bad quality

3306fe12.jpg

fbb6bb51.jpg

Edited by kingdong

Paraclete RMV in Smoke green

Blackhawk qaud mag pouch

WAS smoke grenade pouch

Eagle single mag pouch

Flyye mbitr pouch

Genuine MTP grenade and pistol pouches

Ei utility

Admin panel

Ever stop to think that your showing off has detrimental effects on people's health? :(

Your gear is insane x.x