Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Last Saturday I spent a good day at the range and met this real nice guy. We ended up comparing gears and firearms and to my surprise, he told me that the plate carrier he had on was bought from ebairsoft. According to the guy he has used it numerous times for weapons training programs. This guys knew what he was doing as far as weapons handling but I was really shocked :o that he was using an airsoft PC.

I asked what made him go with a replica and he said it was made with the same stuff as the popular brands - 1000D Cordura . :o

Here is the PC he was using:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/force-recon-vest-land-hawg-p-4123.html

TMC%20CIR%20Force%20Recon%20Vest%20Ver%20Land%20w%20100%20oz%20HAWG%20RG%20a.jpg

Would you use this for real life scenarios?

What is this PC's real deal counterpart?

Seems like a ciras in "ranger green", or so EBB advertises it. I used some TMC gear and pouches and they are very good for airsoft use, even for heavy airsoft use, but I wouldnt trust it with my life in real war scenarios, just for range shooting or weapon classes where lets be honest, you rarely abuse your gear and if you do, you just throw it to the cars trunk and keep going with other gear lying around.

Certainly its made of 1000D cordura, but the more knowledgeable people will tell that is not enough as Im sure there are different cordura quality grades so as stitching quality... bla bla bla, and that matters too when you need your gear the most :)

The real counterpart is the Eagle Industries CIRAS-Land.

I would not use it if I went off to Afghanistan. I'm not doubting the 1000D Cordura, but I am doubting the stitching. I've handled and owned a few of the cheaper Chinese replica gears and have to say that the accuracy in cuts and stitching is very bad even if the general materials are good. However, there are other companies such as Flyye and Pantac that I would trust my life with, those replicas are very well made all in all. For airsoft though, I can do with replica gear since I'm using the gear once a week instead of every day for months. The Pantac and Flyye gear I have rivals that of the big brand names such as Eagle, Tactical Tailor, Paraclete, SDS, etc. that I have owned or handled in quality.

My best advice is to do some good research about the quality of the company before you buy and not just read off the company web site. This vest might make your friend happy and satisfied with his purchase, after all it is much cheaper than the real thing and can still carry some weight. To my experience, Chinese companies such as TMC can be hit or miss products and still do not hold up to the quality of the more expensive brands. Quality comes with a price tag...

Moose kind of summed it up perfectly, all I have to add is this:

Stitching is where the cost goes to and quality control.

1000D is just the material and at the moment everybody is switching to 500D and less. (More flexable, easier to work with and most importantly Lightweight)

Edit: For spelling

Edited by Banshee_Will

Let's get both!

Will do pictures later tonight when I have someone to use the camera but here is a kit list for now:

Base Gear

Claw Gear STALKER MKII TDUs (OD) or 5.11 Tactical Trousers (Tan)

Warrior Assault Systems T-Shirt (Black)

Helickon Australian Army Jacket (Black or OD)

Warrior Assault Systems Elite Ops Cap (Tan)

Oakley 8" Desert Assault Boots

Warrior HWI Hard Knuckle Gloves

SUNTO D6 DIVE WATCH/COMPUTER

Accessories

Element MKII Comtacs

Motorola T7 Radio

Warrior Assault Systems Sling

Warrior Assault Systems Patch (Dark Earth and Black)

Warrior Assault Systems Faded Union Jack Patch

Element PTT for Motorola

2x Red Cylumes

7x Magpul PTS EMags

Plate Carrier

Warrior Assault Systems RICAS Compact

Warrior Assault Systems Cargo Pack

Warrior Assault Systems Admin Panel With Pouch

Warrior Assault Systems Triple Open Top M4 Mag Pouch

4x Warrior Assault Systems Single Open Top M4 Mag Pouch

Warrior Assault Systems Double Pistol Mag Pouch

Warrior Assault Systems Grimlock

Warrior Assault Systems Universal Radio Pouch

Belt Kit

Warrior Assault Systems Enhanced PLB Belt

Warrior Assault Systems Roll Up Dump Pouch

Warrior Assault Systems Utility Pouch

2x Warrior Assault Systems Smoke Grenade Pouches

In the post to me....

Systema PTW MAX M4A1

7x PTW Mags

TM P226

3x P226 Mags

Blackhawk P226 Holster

Warrior Assault Systems Leg Panel

Edited by TB-Stalker

thehawkspc1jbve.jpg

thehawkspc3ozl3.jpg

thehawkspc4paql.jpg

thehawkspc62l9z.jpg

The HAWK SPC by Armorsmith

2 x SDS Canteen pouch

1 X EI double M4 mag pouch

1 x Spec Ops X4

1 x Strobe Light pouch

1 x SDS speed reload pouch

1 x CSM dump pouch

1 x TT pistol mag pouch

1 x Aites Medic pouch

My first plate carrier after years of sticking to chest rigs and belt kits. I reckon its not a bad place to start. I'll grab some higher quality photos when I get it in the same place as my pouches and set it up.

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

I love it........ Its a crime that it gets lost on the bottom of the page!

Nope, I'm going to use LBT 2645A inserts for primary mags to save external molle space and they weigh less than a whole extra rig attached.

Assuming I'm not mixing up the lo-vis and a product I haven't seen, being in blighty I doubt I've seen most of their products...

I had some time to tinker around so here's a little update. Added the pistol mags to the utility, the MAP and the dump pouch.

It's been arranged so I don't need a 1st line. The secondary goes on a paddle mounted Serpa or Fobus.

CIRAS2F.jpg

CIRAS2B.jpg

JPC clone by Emerson.

How are you liking yours, Pesh? I've had mine for a few months now and it's going strong, I'm just starting to get tired of all the comments from the Crye fans... "oh, well you can obviously tell from the quality that it's ACM," and all that. That's my only real complaint about the vest.

P1020787.jpg

P1020789.jpg

P1020790.jpg

I've been swapping out pouches to use this for my M4, Mk.17, AKM, and SAW, but I'd like to pick up some other rigs so I can just save this for my M4.