Pictures of your Plate Carriers

How are you liking yours, Pesh? I've had mine for a few months now and it's going strong, I'm just starting to get tired of all the comments from the Crye fans... "oh, well you can obviously tell from the quality that it's ACM," and all that. That's my only real complaint about the vest.

Stop worrying about what others say. Sometimes it's just envy of a decently made but still cheaper-than-theirs rig ;)

If you need a second rig I'd suggest a chest one instead of a plate carrier. I love my RRV for the M14 and SMG roles.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

, I'm just starting to get tired of all the comments from the Crye fans... "oh, well you can obviously tell from the quality that it's ACM," and all that.

Well my comment is not that its poor quality (sometimes Crye's stitching can be questionable), just that you can clearly tell the differences in build materials.

AS an FYI for your MK17 kit Tyr's three MK17 mag pouch fits perfectly on the kangaroo flap I've got one on my CPC now. Oh and I need to mail you those stickers...PM me your address.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/ammunitions-pouches/triple-sr25-scar-h-mag/

Edited by frogfish

Well my comment is not that its poor quality (sometimes Crye's stitching can be questionable), just that you can clearly tell the differences in build materials.

Well, if it isn't falling apart under heavy use and you got it for a fraction of the price, I'd say it's money well spent.

Edited by mrcheetos

Stop worrying about what others say. Sometimes it's just envy of a decently made but still cheaper-than-theirs rig ;)

If you need a second rig I'd suggest a chest one instead of a plate carrier. I love my RRV for the M14 and SMG roles.

I know, I was in a bad mood.

As far as the chest rig goes, I've kind of started to distance myself from them. I used to run an Eagle LE rig and a Pantac 1961a, but they didn't fit me too well, as I'm kind of slim. Also, I picked up an ATS .308 chest rig for my SCAR magazines and for some reason they're too wide for the internal pouch...or something. I can only get 3 in as opposed to the 4 I should get.

AS an FYI for your MK17 kit Tyr's three MK17 mag pouch fits perfectly on the kangaroo flap I've got one on my CPC now. Oh and I need to mail you those stickers...PM me your address.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/ammunitions-pouches/triple-sr25-scar-h-mag/

Thanks for the tip! Also, I wasn't upset about your comment, I was in a bad mood at the time of posting. I completely understand what you are saying and, yes, I can tell too. That said, I would still recommend this rig to anyone who likes the look but hates the price! It's convinced me to eventually drop the dough on a Crye JPC (in coyote, I'm not one for Multicam. Hate me if you must.)

I guess I'm used to it being there, It always used to be on the MOLLE loops on my MAV's X-harness which where quite high up. It might well get moved around when I have to use it for any length of time though.

This whole plate carrier deal is new to me, the whole layout will probably change quite a bit over time.

Here my plate carrier I know some of you will say well why have you got Acu pouches on a multicam plate carrier, but to be honnest im not into all the gear stuff airsoft is all about fun to me so carnt care less what my gear looks like aslong as it works and carrys all the stuff I need

P.S Dont mind the cat every time I get my plate carrier out she has to sniff at it and climb all over it.

3286442e.jpg

2c7b26a9.jpg

This one is set up for heavy contact, shorter duration skirmishes. I've left plenty of space clear at the front to swiftly access magazines for reload. I run it with a 1st line belt holding a Safariland 6004 and large dump pouch. To explain the frag pouches on the rear, they are more for team mate accessibility, akin to a buddy system. Well, that's my excuse if anyone asks...

Paraclete HPC (Hard Plate Carrier) Smoke Green

- Triple M4/.45 Shingle

- Double M4 Pouch

- MBITR Pouch

- Vertical GP Pouch x2

- Frag Pouch x2

cjfox-hpc01.jpg

cjfox-hpc02.jpg

cjfox-hpc03.jpg

cjfox-hpc05.jpg

cjfox-hpc06.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I know I've posted a pic of it before but it's had some changes made to it.

So here it is, my RICAS.

005-3.jpg

006.jpg

Not quite done yet but I reckon I'm getting there, it's going to be used in a Pathfinder impression so I hope I'm on the right track.

Edited by Bjerhof