Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

I may have a chance to pick up an EI CIRAS for $150. Should I go for it even though I've been saving money for a JPC or is the vest not really worth it?

They're a bit out of date by modern standards, and considerably bulkier than practically all other vests. Its up to you really, based on what you want/need your vest to do. The price is VERY good considering thier retail price. Size and colour? Incase you don't go for it :P.

Edited by -Angel-

They're a bit out of date by modern standards, and considerably bulkier than practically all other vests. Its up to you really, based on what you want/need your vest to do. The price is VERY good considering thier retail price. Size and colour? Incase you don't go for it :P.

L, Khaki. Honestly, I'd be buying it more for the collecting value. I'm still going to buy my JPC and probably a Flyye 6094 for longer games.

Thats the combination I have been considering too, I have tried on a friends fully loaded CIRAS and although comfortable to stand around in I did get the impression maybe a bit too heavy and bulky for my liking.

Been trying to track down a Flyye 6094 in black (would prefer a JPC but not likely to happen) and coyote but seem to only find MC/Khaki ones :(

L, Khaki. Honestly, I'd be buying it more for the collecting value. I'm still going to buy my JPC and probably a Flyye 6094 for longer games.

As I say, very good price point. I'd buy it on that alone.

From your pictures you seem like an athletic guy, so a L might be too oversized to play in, but as you say, for collecting value its a steal.

Front and back SAPI plates:
  • Extra Small - 1.27 kg (2.8 lb) | 184 x 292 mm (7¼ x 11½ in)
  • Small - 1.59 kg (3.5 lb) | 222 x 298 mm (8¾ x 11¾ in)
  • Medium - 1.82 kg (4.0 lb) | 241 x 318 mm (9½ x 12½ in)
  • Large - 2.09 kg (4.6 lb) | 260 x 337 mm (10⅛ x 13¼ in)
  • Extra Large 2.40 kg (5.3 lb) | 280 x 356 mm (11 x 14 in)

Or so says Wiki.

As I say, very good price point. I'd buy it on that alone.

From your pictures you seem like an athletic guy, so a L might be too oversized to play in, but as you say, for collecting value its a steal.

Haha, athletic is one way to put it. I'll consider buying it but first I'm going to get some serious details about it from the guy. I'll probably only buy it if it's surplus and has a "history." Otherwise, what's the point in collecting it?

Here's my new RRV. It carries a plate so I would assume it's okay to post it here. Just need an admin pouch and some .45 pouches. Maybe a SERPA too. Chris, I am real sorry I didn't listen to you a few months ago about picking one of these up...easily the most comfortable rig I've worn.

img0813lg.jpg

img0814at.jpg

Holy ######, what are EBB thinking with those posed shots? Tactical VW camper owner saves multicam girl proceeded by some disco dancing with a Block II? Really?

Chris, I am real sorry I didn't listen to you a few months ago about picking one of these up...easily the most comfortable rig I've worn.

It's all a learning process mate.

Edited by CKinnerley

Here's my new RRV. It carries a plate so I would assume it's okay to post it here. Just need an admin pouch and some .45 pouches. Maybe a SERPA too. Chris, I am real sorry I didn't listen to you a few months ago about picking one of these up...easily the most comfortable rig I've worn.

Glad you like it! It was a great rig for me while I had it.

IMAG0282-1.jpg

HSGI Woosatch E-Version in MC

• OPS PVS-14 (for tactical Picnic bars [the final word in strategic combat enhancement systems])
  • OPS Triple STANAG
  • OPS Single STANAG
  • WAS Small Medic/GP
  • OPS Modular Admin
  • HSGI Shoulder Pad Upgrades
  • OPS Tactical Assault Pack
  • OPS Small GMRS Radio
  • ITW Grimlocks (Web dominators on standby)
  • BritKitUSA PVC 'Keep Calm'
  • OPS 'SEALs' Smiley

I've reverted back to standard type pouches for this. Mainly because the site I'm usually skirmishing now requires a lot of prone time, and TACOs/10-Speeds weren't cutting the mustard.

Well I've pictured it with the pouch lids tucked in there, but I'll be using it with those all closed up. Wingmann is pretty much on the money, just for a slightly different reason.

Stacking 10-speeds on top of other pouches is definitely a good idea because they go back flat when empty, but it's tricky to mount them to TACOs, I tried to do just that once before. TACOs are only 2/3 of the standard height, therefore you have a flap of the 10-speed at either the top or bottom that's swinging in the breeze (depending on where precisely you mount your TACO that is of course). It's not too bad if you put the HSGI pouch one MOLLE row higher up than usual, you then also have staggered magazines, it just felt a little 'off' to me personally. Also, trying to mount any pouch that uses normal attachment straps on to a TACO is an enormous pain, something else that uses MALICE clips is manageable, but standard pop-studs and the webbing on 10-speeds is a *fruitcage* nightmare to feed through that uber-tight webbing on the front.

That aside, as I mentioned I found myself wanting to lie down and crawl around a fair bit, and using open-topped pouches my mags were getting damaged and full of mud/sand, I was actually getting stoppages with my TM MEU due to sand at one game. This is an area that some of the most cutting edge pouch designs fall down on, they're good on the retention side and super fast to reload from, but the basic environmental considerations get pushed aside somewhat in order to gain these other advantages. That's what's good about old fashioned ALICE/PLCE, though of course they are still very slow.

Edited by CKinnerley

Finally I got around to get my winter setup ready for action:

Paraclete SOHPC

Blue Force Gear Tenspeed triple pouch

Emdom USA small utility pouch

Pantac small radio pouch

Petzl carrieTool

Energizer Hardcase torch

The rest of the kit are located on my first line. My second line needs to be as low profile as possible, with only a few essentials. The Tenspeed pouch will be substituted by 3 osprey mk4 single pouches with lids to protect the mags when I'm crawling in the field as reloads primarily are done from first line.

53196513.jpg