Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Awesome Banshees on the last page! :D

A quick request for the Banshee owners around here. Could anyone post a pic or two of a Banshee with an AK mag pouch (Preferably an Emdom CQB one, but any AK pouch will do) on their Banshee?

I ask because I'm trying to get an idea of how far an AK mag would stick up on one of these so I can figure out what kind of room I'll have for pouches and such on the top portion of the carrier.

Thanks in advance! ^_^

I have a pantac 6094 from about 4 years ago, skirmished it regularly and after buying and selling gear, it is where I allways go back. If you choose it for being a smaller plate carrier than a ciras, the best mod you can do is remove the cummerbund and use a duty belt to fit it. Made it with mine and games became day and night, awesome improvement.

I have a pantac 6094 from about 4 years ago, skirmished it regularly and after buying and selling gear, it is where I allways go back. If you choose it for being a smaller plate carrier than a ciras, the best mod you can do is remove the cummerbund and use a duty belt to fit it. Made it with mine and games became day and night, awesome improvement.

Any pictures of the dutybelt/6094 set up mate?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get the Warrior Elite Ops DCS 5.56 DA from uktactical.

I'm 6'1'' and I saw a video on you tube of a guy wearing it and it seemed quite small. How does it compare to more professional PCs?

Also, is the warrior compact smaller or is it similar size?

Cheers.

Sorry, I have no detailed pictures right now of the setup, but I use this belt, I took out the buckles and slided the belt through a couple of straps the PC has in the back of the front and back plates. Installed the buckles again and adjusted to a comfortable size. Dont know if the newer PCs from pantac are the same though... :)

Easier to do than explaining it

I'm looking to get the Warrior Elite Ops DCS 5.56 DA from uktactical.

I'm 6'1'' and I saw a video on you tube of a guy wearing it and it seemed quite small. How does it compare to more professional PCs?

Also, is the warrior compact smaller or is it similar size?

You don't get 'more professional' than Warrior kit, their stuff is built to be as tough as you could ever expect any nylon gear to be. Just because they don't charge ridiculous prices for the supposedly magical and mysterious 'QC' processes of some US brands it doesn't make them inferior in any way all. I've lost count of the hundreds of pounds I've spent on Warrior rigs and pouches, I'm yet to find so much as a single loose stitch. Lucky? Maybe... but probably not.

Size wise, it's basically the same as a Crye JPC, or LBT 6094, or any other similar plate carrier. Yes, they are all quite small compared to the hulking PCs of old, that's just the nature of the style.

As for the RICAS Compact (presuming that's what you meant), I've got both, and the RICAS-C is a fair bit bigger in terms of range of fitment adjustment, and overall external dimensions. I had to take the RICAS pretty much below its' minimum setting to fit me, the DCS fits me fine around half way down the adjustment range.

Edited by CKinnerley

Hey guys. I've got a question...hope this isn't out of place to ask here.

Is a Pantac 6094 a good substitute for not having enough dosh to get a real LBT vest? I'm looking for something a little less monstrous than my CIRAS, if this is an unforseeably bad choice.

The Flyye 6094 is more accurate if you want a more accurate version of LBT's later 6094's, however, it is not a replica of the current design. It is a replica of the previous design, this is easily shown by the metal push buttons on the cummerbund flap on Flyye's. Older LBT6094's had this feature but has since gotten rid of that.

Flyye also uses Velcro over the chest whilst still allowing the PALS to be used whereas the Pantac only offers PALS with no Velcro. From the looks of the advertisement pictures I have seen on various websites, only Flyye sells theirs with shoulder pads included. Either way that you go, you will get a high quality piece of kit!

Jumping on the JPC band wagon. I'm already getting molleitus and wanting to fill the molle on the cummerbund which isn't good.

front.jpg

back.jpg

I'm really not liking the fake plates. Is it just me or is the curve on them really uncomfortable.

My fake plates sucked, so I cut out cardboard plates in the correct shape, and folded them at the edges to make a curve. Then I sandwiched them over some heavy magazines (think GQ type affairs) and wrapped them in duct tape. The end result has held up for months, and feels a lot like a real plate aside from the weight. They've held their shape and do the job quite nicely.

Add some "backers". Those should help with comfort issues. Also, having it adjusted correctly should help too. :P

The only way for me to adjust it to be comfortable is to have the edge of the top plate above my sternum and then everything just feels too high.

I've had a dig around for my foam plates from my MBSS but they are a little too small for my JPC so it looks like I'll be off to the shops to get some more foam in the morning.