Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

The Flyye 6094 is more accurate if you want a more accurate version of LBT's later 6094's, however, it is not a replica of the current design. It is a replica of the previous design, this is easily shown by the metal push buttons on the cummerbund flap on Flyye's. Older LBT6094's had this feature but has since gotten rid of that.

Flyye also uses Velcro over the chest whilst still allowing the PALS to be used whereas the Pantac only offers PALS with no Velcro. From the looks of the advertisement pictures I have seen on various websites, only Flyye sells theirs with shoulder pads included. Either way that you go, you will get a high quality piece of kit!

Thanks for the info. Probably still going to get the Pantac though, I prefer stuff I can get in the US commonly (Flyye is foreign right? I've never seen any of their kit available in the US).

My pantac came with shoulder pads... another option is the TMC 6094, quite similar to Flyyes and much cheaper, not so high quality though, but some of the TMC products are indeed more than good enough for skirmishing

Again, thank you for the info. How much do TMC rigs run, and is their 6094 one of the "good enough" products?

Last question (I'll try to put some content up next time so I'm not just spamming the thread with nooby questions). Where can I find a good quality MAP replica in khaki?

Edited by Redshirt 1-7

You can get a "pack" of TMC 6094 with several pouches for 100$ shipped IIRC at ebaybanned, very good value, although they take their time to ship their goods... I dont know how good are their PCs, I have a RRV and some pouches, the RRV is quite nice actually, but the M4 pouches... well, not as nice as my pantac ones =( but worth the cheap price.

BTW, pantac is chinese as well as flyye :)

Thanks for the info. Probably still going to get the Pantac though, I prefer stuff I can get in the US commonly (Flyye is foreign right? I've never seen any of their kit available in the US).

Both Pantac and Flyye are from China, as well as TMC.

Again, thank you for the info. How much do TMC rigs run, and is their 6094 one of the "good enough" products?

Last question (I'll try to put some content up next time so I'm not just spamming the thread with nooby questions). Where can I find a good quality MAP replica in khaki?

TMC seems to be of good enough quality to airsoft with. Of course, you will see a difference in quality in their products when compared to Pantac or Flyye, or any "real name" brand. Their quality is lower, but should absolutely be acceptable for airsoft use.

I do believe that TMC does make a replica of the MAP. Pantac and Flyye both make accurate replicas, as well as a number of other companies that may or may not have their little twists to the design.

Hi Guys,

Here is my Condor MOPC with the HSGI Marsupial Hand Warming Pouch (top). And the M4 pouches are from Recon Tactical. They are part of the R-TAC Line.

You can't see if there, but on the RH-side, I have a G-Code RTI Adapter that is used with the KWA ATP.

(Shameless Plug Alert) - I did a review of this kit on www.TheGearLocker.net

Thanks

Eric

HSGIandCondor001.jpg

I'm really not liking the fake plates. Is it just me or is the curve on them really uncomfortable.

I had these lying around from my Flyye PACA but you can buy them separately aswell: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/flyye-eva-soft-armor-plate-black.html

Just use a plastic sapi plate as a stencil and cut around it. They fit nice and are very comfy!

That, is bloody nice, you're clearly a man who knows his kit.

P.I.G. hydro carrier right? Literally just ordered one myself, and I know that GP on the side there is Warrior, how about the mag pouches though? I've not bought any of theirs in MC yet.

Thanks, The mag and admin pouches are Eagle, The frag and GP pouches are Warrior.

I have a pic request! I currently have a Pantac RAV in RG, and I wish I had a Paraclete in SG :P

Does anyone have any good tips for repro plate carriers which look closer to a Paraclete RAV in SG than the pantac?

Ideally, does anyone happen to have pics of a vest like that with OD BHI pouches on, á la UKSF?

Thanks!

Scuffer: Sorry for the delay, here is how I attached the belt to the PC

Cheers for getting back to me on this, completely forgot about it.

I actually really like that idea and it makes me want to get a 6094 copy even more, I think potentially if I could make best use of the space and internal front mag pouches I could justify binning off the cummerbund running a belt like that and then hanging a holster off the belt....... hmm wonder how high the likes of a drop belt holster would hang and if it would line up roughly with my trouser belt underneath it. If that did would I wouldn't even have to have a belt line.

I run a first line with my pc, nothing fancy though, drop pouch, shotgun shells pouch for CO2 and AA batteries, and an M4 pouch to carry a BB bottle, this way I can leave the belt on the pC free (except for the small radio pouch). Only downside is the low mag capacity on the PC, but I have seen an admin pouch where I can carry my personal stuff instead of the utility pouch, leaving more space for mag pouches so I can carry 8 in the PC and one or two more in the gun.

About the holster... I havent tested putting one in the belt, but im not sure it will be comfortable or secure when sprinting, maybe its better to carry the pistol in a pouch in the front and add an extra mag pouch to the belt

Love that PC, and thank "the force" for finding the belt solution before I almost sold it :)

Edited by Isamu

Anyone using dummy sapi plates in their Banshee PC? I saw these ones http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=1429 but they say 10" x 13 " when Shellback says the carrier accepts 10" x 12". I was just wondering if someone could point me to some specific ones they had first hand experience with fitting.

I've been using the large plates I got off AEX with no issues in my Banshee. They do stick out about an inch along the bottom though...

I've been using the large plates I got off AEX with no issues in my Banshee. They do stick out about an inch along the bottom though...

Thanks. Those ones seem to be 10 x 13" as well so the information helps. Now to get some along with pouches.