Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Hello folks,

Quick question before I splash out on a new DCS, I'm currently running a WAS Raptor in MC which is working well enough for me, but when carrying an M9 in an IMI belt paddle holster it sometimes get caught on the bottom of the cummerbund when being drawn. I was thinking of picking up a DCS so I could wear a MOLLE belt and mount the pistol and mags for that on there, whilst having a lower profile PC. Can anyone with the DCS confirm whether it allows a belt to be worn below it with ease? If it helps I'm 5' 11"ish....

Cheers Sean

Quick question/request - Any chance of a pic of the back of that rig? I'm getting tempted by the DCS as a stop-gap rig until I can afford a CPC and would like to see how the PIG Hydro looks on it.

Sorry I'm a bit late:

P1020698.jpg

Quick question before I splash out on a new DCS, I'm currently running a WAS Raptor in MC which is working well enough for me, but when carrying an M9 in an IMI belt paddle holster it sometimes get caught on the bottom of the cummerbund when being drawn. I was thinking of picking up a DCS so I could wear a MOLLE belt and mount the pistol and mags for that on there, whilst having a lower profile PC. Can anyone with the DCS confirm whether it allows a belt to be worn below it with ease? If it helps I'm 5' 11"ish....

I'm 5'11 as well, I always run my pistol/mags on a belt with my rifle ammo and other stuff on some other kind of LBE since I find that's what works, and the DCS is no exception. It's a fairly short thing so it rides a lot higher than most other PCs I've tried, so you've got plenty of clearance between the bottom of the rig and the top of your belt to draw your sidearm and reload it. Using some BFG 10-Speed pouches above the areas where you mount your pistol is always a good idea too.

I have no issues with drawing my pistol when using my DCS rig. I'll sort a pic to show the space between belt line and rig. Tbh I've never had an issue with the Ricas compact or my TAG banshee, but I am 6'2.

My belt kit currently is

- Ice Tactical V2 battle belt, MC

- Ice Tactical suspenders, MC

- BFG 10 speed double pistol, RG

- BFG 10 speed single rifle, RG

- Raven Concealment Phantom holster

Pics to show how my belt sits with the DCS pc

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

Apologies for the lack of quality in the pics. It's difficult to take them without a mirror or someone else helping.

As I said I don't have any issues drawing my secondary or mags for reloads from my belt. On the Ice Tactical belt there are section that you can mount a holster direct onto the inner belt. Which is good for a safariland or serpa. I also think that I could adjust the suspenders a little so that the left side sits the same as the right.

I also don't think that there would be any issues caused when using AK mags. I've taken the plate bags out of the cummerbund on my DCS rig so makes the sides a little more streamlined.

It's a Surefire MR07 mount.

You have to fill it in order to be able to mount it on some replica (mine is a Marui with a Pro-Win metal kit).

Off topic :

A lot of people ask me about kit lists. All of these are on my website. Just follow the link in my signature or under displayed pictures. Thanks.

Edited by AliasJim

Gonna post this here too...

Me and Kai_Wolf spent a few hours at the Bar Tacker yesterday making a replacement cummerbund for the one I was missing.... and I made a 1.5inch S&S sling clone as my 1 inch S&S sling was digging into my shoulder.

DSC_2398.jpg

DSC_2399.jpg

DSC_2400.jpg

DSC_2401.jpg

Eagle Triple M4 mag pouch

Unknown brand TQ pouch with MET TQ

Crye SR25 mag pouches

Ferro shoulder pads

Ferro pistol mag pouch

Crye 6x6 GP pouch