Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

CKinnerley - I'm quite liking your setup. I'm going to use taco pouches as it gives me the opportunity to use either my m4 or my AK with one rig instead of 2.

I've ordered a pistol taco and a WAS elite ops suppressor pouch in mc. Once I have the fundage I'll be ordering 3 rifle tacos and a OPS tactical assault pack

I'm going to use taco pouches as it gives me the opportunity to use either my m4 or my AK with one rig instead of 2.

I've ordered a pistol taco and a WAS elite ops suppressor pouch in mc. Once I have the fundage I'll be ordering 3 rifle tacos and a OPS tactical assault pack

That's the main plus point with the mexican food. Say you want to bring a Mk16 and a Mk18 with me to a game, that's no problem, just grab the other set of mags out my rifle bag, there you go. No need to duplicate all your comms, your hydro setup, the tools/spare BBs/batteries in your GP pouch or whatever else you skrim with.

Sounds like a good kit selection, the OPS pack is pretty large, but then it's as good quality as any other 'real' brand and if you actually want to carry stuff other than your bladder (food, maps, med kit, ammo, pyro, spare clothes) it gives you a good amount of space for all that.

Edited by CKinnerley

This is the one I'm thinking. I wanted something that could carry a 3 litre bladder, 6 spare mags, medical supplies, comms equipment and food dependant on what length of game I play. It's the same price as the PIG hydration carrier with the added bonus of extra load space. If I find it too heavy/bulky I can always swap it out for some form of hydration carrier.

www.ur-tactical.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=25&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=29

Yeah that's what I've got on my Woosatch. I'll have to rephrase what I said earlier, the OPS stuff is good, it'll last a long time in airsoft but I probably wouldn't take it to afghan. Not because of any of the material/thread used, just because their QC seems a tad spotty; though when you consider they use all the genuine stuff and the prices are seriously low it's a good choice for airsofters.

It'll definitely get all the kit you want inside no problem, though it's a tall pack, taller than the back of a DCS, that's why I went for the PIG.

This is the one I'm thinking. I wanted something that could carry a 3 litre bladder, 6 spare mags, medical supplies, comms equipment and food dependant on what length of game I play. It's the same price as the PIG hydration carrier with the added bonus of extra load space. If I find it too heavy/bulky I can always swap it out for some form of hydration carrier.

www.ur-tactical.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=25&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=29

I am running a pantec Map pack on my DCS fits well, looks the same as the one above.

post-48053-0-27276900-1326144570_thumb.jpg

post-48053-0-43438000-1326144629_thumb.jpg

Edited by Delta_1

My "use-any-gun-I-own" MBAV. Currently has 2 200rd SAW pouches attached to it, but if I need to run something different, I just swap them with the M4 or AK pouch and the TACOs.

gear005.jpg

Super happy with it and don't think I'll change anything. I'll add an antenna relocator soon though...

Replica JPC

Pantac open-top 5.56 pouch

Pantac utility pouch (multicam)

Random radio pouch (Thanks, Pagan)

Random double 5.56 pouch

Camelbak Armorbak

Carrying:

7 5.56 Magazines

tools, batteries

2 liters, water

Radio

2908663210106990603S425x425Q85.jpg

2341793800106990603S425x425Q85.jpg

MICH 2000 with Rhino Mount standing in for the new ECH.

They aren't that hard to put on, and a set of hemostats make quick work of any potential issues. The problem was just that they weren't stupid easy so people complained, they are 100% worth the effort if you have multiple different caliber platforms.

Edited by frogfish

The only reason people complain about malice clips is because they can't leave there kit alone!! I always dry run my pouches, just thread them straight through , try on the vest etc before the weaving commences, but I can honestly say tha out of all the fixing methods, malice clips are the best, I've even cut the popper straps off alot of pouches to replace with malice clips.

In short, man up you limp fingered pussys :)

That was one of the big things that kept them from popularity initially, too many range commandos complained they were hard to put on.

Says a lot about range commandos really. The only part I've found a bit awkward has been getting the free end to finally secure in to the locking piece, but end of the day, it takes you 5-10 minutes to get things setup and then you get dozen/hundreds/thousands of hours use from the thing. I don't see how anyone can think that's not worth a little bit of effort at the beginning.

DIY my friend , i had a velcro backed triple M4 mag pouch that used to go into a Blackhawk rifle/carbine case, a little modification and she sits in there perfectly, it has elastic retention like all BHI and Eagle double mag pouches, i dont really need the DIY bungee retainers for pmags, but my GI style ones jump about a bit.

Ill get some pics up at some point if your that interested?

Cheers

Jim.