Pictures of your Plate Carriers

There are many brands that offer pouches to fit into the cummerbund flaps of their respective plate carriers. Of course, some of these will fit into other plate carriers besides their own brand. Mayflower, LBT, and DBT are just a few that make this type of pouch. I'm sure that you can find other brands.

I must say, the homemade one in the pictures does look very good. It was probably a much cheaper addition rather than the actual brand name pouch, while serving the exact same purpose. Nicely done!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

There are many brands that offer pouches to fit into the cummerbund flaps of their respective plate carriers. Of course, some of these will fit into other plate carriers besides their own brand. Mayflower, LBT, and DBT are just a few that make this type of pouch. I'm sure that you can find other brands.

I must say, the homemade one in the pictures does look very good. It was probably a much cheaper addition rather than the actual brand name pouch, while serving the exact same purpose. Nicely done!

You can also get individual kydex inserts. Esstac makes some pretty popular ones: http://www.skdtac.com/Esstac-556-KYWI-Kydex-Wedge-Insert-p/ess.213.htm

DIY my friend , i had a velcro backed triple M4 mag pouch that used to go into a Blackhawk rifle/carbine case, a little modification and she sits in there perfectly, it has elastic retention like all BHI and Eagle double mag pouches, i dont really need the DIY bungee retainers for pmags, but my GI style ones jump about a bit.

Ill get some pics up at some point if your that interested?

Cheers

Jim.

If you could mate that would be awesome, I have spare pouches all over the place. I tried fitting one in 'just is' the other week but it just wasn't right. Would be interested to see what you have done.

Cheers

Robinio: It's all about the way you shoot. I used to carry only 4 mags, and that was enough, now I tend to carry a total of 6 just because I'd rather have a little more. Some days I will barely shoot through a whole mag, and yet I do come into contact with the opposing force and "kill" some of them. I use midcaps that I load to about 90 BBs.

Some people like spraying, others like to only shoot when they are absolutely sure of getting a hit.

hi all please forgive me if i have posted in the wrong section just need some advice to finish off my plate carrier.

i have seen some pics lately of us forces hanging alice pouches and water bottles off there molle carriers and various rigs . i quite like the look and was wondering if any of you guys have done the same ?.

do you use the alice clips or some sort of cable tie method or do you use a propper alice to molle adapter.

i have noticed that there is a alice to molle adapter but can not find anyone who stocks these in the uk.

some fantastic pics on here of you carriers thanks for sharing them i will add mine when its all finished

I think strong cable ties are the best method. I got some MOLLE>ALICE adaptors in my Safariland ELCS kit but found thy just made the pouches stick out too far from the vest and flap about. The belt replacement bit is just not thick enough to stop the ALICE clips moving around. Found it was better off using other methods. Could also give paracord a go but might be a bit more fiddly

I think strong cable ties are the best method. I got some MOLLE>ALICE adaptors in my Safariland ELCS kit but found thy just made the pouches stick out too far from the vest and flap about. The belt replacement bit is just not thick enough to stop the ALICE clips moving around. Found it was better off using other methods. Could also give paracord a go but might be a bit more fiddly

cheers mate for the reply and help as you have stated i think the big size cable ties is the way forward . i tried using the alice clips through the molle bands they come loose and flop about . cheers mate