Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Right where it will do you exactly no good. What are you going to put in a Bleeder pouch which really only holds an Izzie and TQ that you are ok with having to wait on a buddy to get to?

I would certainly hook my TQ at the front.

This is not real war though. It's expected to receive help, and we are guessing you really carry medical supplies in the pouch...

Question for 6094 owners...

Im thinking about using an inner mag pouch and 4 taco pouches in the front molle, leaving aside that drawing mags will be faster and more versatile in this config, will it be lower profile than regular double m4 mag pouches? thanks

You will probably only get three taco's on the front panel of the vest.

Well an M4 magazine its always the same thickness, so the difference will be only slight between the two set ups as its just the thickness of the nylon gear......

It comes down to you really as double m4s would be cheaper than tacos.

Have you thought about a 6094k? That's a 6094 front panel that has double mag pouches sown in, just another option.

That's why I like the HSGI bleeder pouch; it's only two rows wide so you can stick it on the side of your MAP.

Missed this,

The IFAK I have is also two rows, but I figured I wouldn't be able to access it quickly if I really needed to. For now I'm just going to omit the pouch all together, until I figure out if I really need it or not.

Thanks for the input!

Edited by Echo

Having a spring clean and a sort out today,a good opportunity to snap some pics of some of my collection,smile.png

Plate carriers,

from left to right,top to bottom,

RAV,LBT 6094a,Flyye 6094,TMC 6094

EPC slick,EPC,Mayflower APC,TAG Rampage

Mayflower low-pro,TAG Havoc,PACA,LBT 6094 slick.

p1000865e.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My Eagle Assault Plate Carrier.

2012-04-04224434.jpg

2012-04-04224456.jpg

2012-04-04224511.jpg

BFG 10-Speed M4 Triple Shingle

Tyr Tactical Mini SOF IFAK

Tyr Tactical 50oz Hydration Pouch

1.5L Source Bladder

I don't like the BFG 10-Speed on here. It hangs down below the cummerbund a little. I'm going to pick up a different pouch for mags, and hopefully find one that will work with the integrated kangaroo pouch on the front. I do like the 50oz Hydro though.

Edited by Wildman1

Do you have the dimensions of that 1.5L Source bag? I believe it's been discontinued, and I'd like to double check that it will fit in my small Tag carrier before I buy one off Ebay.

I highly recommend the ESSTAC mag pouch to replace the 10-speed. You can MALICE clip it at whatever height you need, and reinsertion is vastly improved. Since I made the switch to KYWI inserts I almost never use a dump pouch.

From Left to right

Crye AOR1 330D SR25 pouch

Tyr 7.62 triple shingle

Crye AOR1 330D SR25 pouch

Ferro Concepts AOR1 Double Pistol Mag pouch

TQS Met-T in MC on a BFG TQ NOW!

LBT AOR1 Small utility pouch

LBT Fortex 401 pouch

Garmin Fortrex 401

TEA dual Comm PTT

ICOM F4G buried in the radio pouch

Carabiner is to carry misc stuff, foxtails, tape, EZ-cuffs...

Edited by frogfish

Crye CPC

cpc1.jpg

-Safari 6354DO G22+X300

-Paraclete SR25

-2x Crye SR25

-2x Eagle FB 9mm

-Crye Utility

Might move the holster to belt or thigh and change the Eagle FB pouches to something else. Also need to change the Paraclete SR25 to Crye.

LBT Fortex 401 pouch

Garmin Fortrex 401

How often do you find you use your garmin? I'm debating picking up a 301 or 401. I already know how to navigate well with a map and compass, and from what I heard the 401 improves upon it? Also how do you like the LBT pouch for it over the standard strap?