Pictures of your Plate Carriers

Rudy @ BritKitUSA/UKAZ has them for $16.50, or you can go into a crazy bidding war over them when they pop up on eBay. I went with the former. The service and quality from them is awesome. All the IR ones he stocks are authentic too.

http://shop.britkitusa.com/Infra-Red-Patches_c8.htm

The 3M reflective one was made by a guy over at GearSoc. That one is a custom sized one, the standard ones (of which I have two as well) are sized to fit on sleeve velcro.

Edited by Blackjack13
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

The DCS is closer to the LBT 6094 than it is the Mayflower. However it doesn't have the integrated pouches (which is a plus for me) and has a 3D mesh liner on the inside (akin to those found on Tyr rigs). Plus it's sized large enough to hold either OSPREY or large ESAPI plates. Everyone makes a small carrier now, there's only so much difference.

The Warrior stuff, especially the Elite-Ops range, is great. It's China made but the quality is still there. They needed to keep the costs down so end-users could actually afford the stuff (the Army isn't paid much at all) whilst making it good enough to be used in theatre (for which there are loads of pics documenting).

FirstSpear Strandhoggs - any recommendations for hydration gear? also need tips for a black utility pouch, medium sized.

When I looked in to it the Tyr hydro carrier turned out to be the best fitting option, possibly the TAG option as well. You'll want something around a 1 ltr bladder. I'd imagine that between optac and skd you'd be able to find an appropriate black utility (you want 6" high for the strandhogg cummerbund), though it isn't the most common colour option these days admittedly.

Rudy @ BritKitUSA/UKAZ has them for $16.50, or you can go into a crazy bidding war over them when they pop up on eBay. I went with the former. The service and quality from them is awesome. All the IR ones he stocks are authentic too.

Yeah I'd echo that, got the exact same one myself. Really excellent customer service from them.

Small JPC, so far the only PC I've found that fits me right.

I think your next investment should be a 1 pood kettlebell a copy of "enter the kettlebell" and whatever form of protine takes your fancy, as even that looks big on you.

Edited by frogfish

9e0878a3.jpg

Apologies for crappy pic.

TMC LBT replica 6094

Flyye 9mm pouch with inserts x3

Flyye Frag pouch x2

Flyye Large GP pouch

TMC small utility pouch

PPM shell holder

Flyye MAP And bladder

Replica M9 bayonet and scabbard

Element PTT

Real VIP strobe

Grim lock carabiner

GP Bungee Sling

BSAA NA patch

Things to come:

TMC Inner Mag pouch

Flyye admin panel

e703d268.jpg

ea2005b9.jpg

7f689510.jpg

rig.png

More on my photobucket if you're interested.

- LBT 6094A GenII MC

- LBT 2645A CT

- LBT 6142E-A Hydration Pouch MC

- Source Kangaroo 1L

- Blue Force Gear Flashbang Pouch MC (x2)

- Blue Force Gear Large GP Pouch MC

- Tactical Tailor FL Double M4 Pouch MC

- Tactical Tailor FL Utility Pouch (IFAK) MC

- CAT (x2)

- Tri-Fold (x2)

- V-Lite*

- IR Flag

- Carabiner

Needs:

- First Spear Shoulder Pads MC

- Tactical Tailor FL Double Pistol Mag Pouch MC

Edited by beta08

Yessir. The TT Removable Operator Pack.

Brilliant carrier setup mate, really nice kit selection. Do you have any pictures that show how you've attached all the buckles for the TT pack? I've got the Grey Ghost ruck that's basically identical and it'd be very handy to be able to just clip that on to a PC.

Brilliant carrier setup mate, really nice kit selection. Do you have any pictures that show how you've attached all the buckles for the TT pack? I've got the Grey Ghost ruck that's basically identical and it'd be very handy to be able to just clip that on to a PC.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :)

Sorry for the wait on the pack details. I've been exceptionally lazy the past few days. This is what I came up with for now:

23A2DB07-6914-4962-B365-15724292FE85-11136-00000AB694093961.jpg

56EB6FF6-7BEA-4C82-B5DD-2F8C6ED117B6-11136-00000AB6999269FB.jpg

94EB3BD5-312F-4A0E-9AF7-E0B9CE20169B-11136-00000AB69E8AD266.jpg

124C38D9-785F-4A06-91BD-1698280D8DBD-11136-00000AB796690F35.jpg

C8BBC643-48D5-4E85-AA7D-CCAA29204162-11136-00000AB6A78AB541.jpg

73B704C2-B2BF-4642-BEFB-D667B7AC63AB-11136-00000AB6AC2DA029.jpg

FA61284B-0A17-479E-AE6C-006B87D97A20-11136-00000AB6B06945D0.jpg

The front "QASM" (or whatever they are) buckles actually came with the pack. The buckles velcro'd under the shoulder straps used to be MALICE buckles (also came with the pack) until i stripped them down to just a piece of webbing and sewed the hook and loop on. If I were to do it again I would definitely use wider webbing for the top buckle attachment and about twice the width of velcro for more weight-bearing capabilities.

Edited by beta08

I can't say for sure... I had about 20 pounds of gear in there the other day and they did start to slip out, which is why I am thinking thicker velcro would help. That's another reason why I am investing in the First Spear shoulder pads as well. If you look at my LBT pads, the top portion only has a strip of hook while the FS are completely covered allowing wider strips on the attachment. Eagle does something very similar with their DPC except they have female buckles I believe... let me find a picture.

Yep:

IMG_0657.jpg