Pictures of your Plate Carriers

I can't say for sure... I had about 20 pounds of gear in there the other day and they did start to slip out, which is why I am thinking thicker velcro would help.

Any increment on the surface will help, but generally, a longer velcro does a better job than a thicker one.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I like it. I love WAS MC rigs and gear. Always fancied a DCS.

Does the SERPA not interfere with the rear mags?

Cheers :) TBH no, its a bug's nadge away from interfering with the mag release. I think the photo makes it looks like it does, but it just clears it.

Im never buying anything else but WAS gear now, excellent quality, fair prices and comfortable, what more could you ask for......

Cheers :) TBH no, its a bug's nadge away from interfering with the mag release. I think the photo makes it looks like it does, but it just clears it.

Im never buying anything else but WAS gear now, excellent quality, fair prices and comfortable, what more could you ask for......

I currently have a WAS Ricas Compact, but thinking about buying the DCS. Can you (or anyone else) tell me if there are any notable differences between these two?

I read it's smaller than a Ricas, but I expect to fit most sizes? My chest size is about 44 inches.

My Ricas Compact is currently heavily loaded, but would like to change to a low profile kit and preferably without pouches on my sides. Would you recommend to use it with a belt kit?

And about the color. The Ricas Compact is WAS Professional Tan and the DCS is WAS Elite Ops Coyote Tan.

Is the Coyote Tan darker? More to the brown side?

Thanks

I currently have a WAS Ricas Compact, but thinking about buying the DCS. Can you (or anyone else) tell me if there are any notable differences between these two?

I read it's smaller than a Ricas, but I expect to fit most sizes? My chest size is about 44 inches.

My Ricas Compact is currently heavily loaded, but would like to change to a low profile kit and preferably without pouches on my sides. Would you recommend to use it with a belt kit?

And about the color. The Ricas Compact is WAS Professional Tan and the DCS is WAS Elite Ops Coyote Tan.

Is the Coyote Tan darker? More to the brown side?

Thanks

Cant compare them because i never had the RICAS, but what i can tell you is that my chest is bigger than 44 inches and the DCS fits fine. And at a wild guess i would have to say the DCS would be smaller than the RICAS (but only marginally).

The DCS is substantially smaller than the RICAS Compact. Imagine comparing an LBT 6094 to a EI Land CIRAS. The DCS can take a substantial load, but isn't really designed to. However it is designed to work in conjunction with the WAS Frag Belt if you feel the need to run more kit. It will fit you fine though, I've got a 41-42" chest and there's still tonnes of room to expand the cummerbund.

As for the colour; Coyote Tan is more red-brown than the standard Tan. There is a notable difference between the two, if this is what you're asking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my current setup for my Crye Precision Jumpable Plate Carrier

IMG_20121003_230516.jpg

IMG_20121003_230533.jpg

BFG Ten-Speed Triple M4 Pouch

Crye JPC MBITR Pouches

Crye JPC Side Plate Pouches

Mayflower Tourniquet Retainer

TYR Tactical Mini SF IFAK

TYR Tactical 50 oz Hydro Pouch

Source 1.5L Bladder