Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Haha, and I thought that I'd been eclipsed by that Crye sexiness.

I got it here, they also do a few pouches and packs at the moment, but I'm using some crye pouches so I didn't bother with anything but the GRG pouch, because it was like £12 or something crazy.  They're one of my go-to ebay shops nowadays.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LBT-6094A-Modular-Medium-Plate-Carrier-in-WOODLAND-Camo-/230916480721?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c3b1ded1

It's not really cool guy material, but my setup works for me. I swapped out the cummerbund for the First Sear cummerbund and it is 10x more easier to don. You can't see them, but I got some Team Wendy ESAPI non-ballistic training plates in there for a better fit and realism/training. Gonna put it on the scale tomorrow to see how much it weighs loaded.

8447001020_7d6e6e80d8_c.jpg

It's not really cool guy material, but my setup works for me. I swapped out the cummerbund for the First Sear cummerbund and it is 10x more easier to don. You can't see them, but I got some Team Wendy ESAPI non-ballistic training plates in there for a better fit and realism/training. Gonna put it on the scale tomorrow to see how much it weighs loaded.

What pistol mag pouches are those mate?
Damn you sir.  I wanted to be the first one to post pictures doing that. :cookiemonster:

You have the FS Strandhogg, right? I seem your YouTube video. I wanted one of those, but didn't want to dish out the cash for a new vest. I want the tubes on the shoulder straps to make it a little more easier.

I do, and it's a good PC.  Certainly uber-light and perfect for the height of the summer when you're sweating your bits off.  However I've found the tiny size of the thing makes your mags feel like they're right up under your chin and reloads just aren't very quick or easy; the fact the back of mine keeps slipping downwards (and the front vice versa) compounds the problem.

Costa managed to make his sit right somehow but I've no idea how.  I'd guess it was due to fitting plates, but putting a heavy plate in the front to change the balance on a PC I bought specifically to be light weight in airsoft really makes no sense.  Annoyingly the Seige-R is way too big to ever fit me and FS don't make something inbetween it and the Strandhogg, but I can't go back from the Tubes now I've gotten used to them.  So my next purchase is going to be an older style of PC that can accept the cummerbund upgrade as you've done there.  Again sadly, nobody else does 6/12 so it'll have to be something with PALS webbing; ideally I'd like Mayflower to do me an APC in CB litelock but alas they've not responded to that e-mail. :(

Anyone any idea as to the quality of these?  They look very good in the photos but I'd like to see a review before I take the plunge.

Been seeing some good reviews on facebook and there already sold out. Next batch they say will be in the beginning of March and the pouches to go with them as well.

Edited by GhostWolf

TMC JPC in ATACS FG:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Hoorj/photo85.jpg

The fake plates are rubbish, but I've replaced the front one with some thick foam and it's way better.

Thats nice. Just bought an ATACS FG loadout and im torn between that one and the 6094A. Don't know how comportable I would be with the open sides.

Edited by crackisbad
don't quote pics

Thats nice. Just bought an ATACS FG loadout and im torn between that one and the 6094A. Don't know how comportable I would be with the open sides.

It's really very comfy - I haven't noticed the lack of material at the sides, it still feels just as sturdy as a regular PC. I can't imagine it'd be as comfy with pouches fitted on the side loops compared to a cummerbund with backing material, but I'm carrying just the 3 mags and nothing else on this, so it works perfectly for me. Either way, it's nicely made and a decent match for Propper ATACS FG, and a very reasonable price :)