Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

img0076lu.jpg

img0074fl.jpg

img0073fs.jpg

img0075vc.jpg

Kitlist :

(Front)

Tyr PICO MV : left Shoulder strap modded with a Cobra Buckle
Tyr Thor Shoulder Pads
Tyr 7.62 Triple Mag Pouch
Crye SR-25 Mag Pouch
First Spear Mini Admin Pouch (6/9)
First Spear Tourniquet Pouch (6/9)
Nacre Quietpro
Motorola MTS2000
BFG Double .45 Pistol Mag Pouch (HW)
LBT Mini Utility Pouch (AOR1)

(Rear)

Tyr PICO Zip-on Back Panel with 50Oz Source Bladder
US Tactical Custom Triple FB Pouch
US Tactical Slap Charge Pouch (AOR2)
First Spear Medium GP Pouch (6/9)
TCI Mast (Hidden)

(Helmet)

Ops-core Carbon Bump Helmet : OCC-Dial replaced with Team Wend Epic Air Pads and Ops-Core H-Nape
First Spear Hybrid Helmet Cover
Wilcox L4 3 Hole Shroud (Tan)
Wilcox L4 G24 Mount (Tan)
S&S Precision M-Ax Mount (White)
S&S Precision Manta Strobe (White / IR)
Princeton Tec Charge MPLS (White / Red / Green / IR)
EOG Low Profile Counter Weight Pouch

Still waiting for the GPNVG and slap charge to finish off the kit

Looking for one in the UK though as dont want import costs and postage

UK stores incorporate those costs in to whatever they charge.  Speaking generally: where the idea comes from that you somehow side-step such charges by not importing yourself I'll never understand, if anything you're just adding a middle-man to incur a few extra costs if you go through a British business.

Regardless, you'll also not find TYR stuff stocked in the UK I'm afraid.  There's a small selection of the biggest/best known US gear brands stocked in this country at one or two stores, but it's comparably minimal and no cheaper than importing the kit yourself.

No, that's incorrect. There is at least two UK distributors (Edgar Brothers and Modern Trenches), plus one in Germany (Viking Tactics Germany) who carry TYR Tactical; however I don't know whether they actually hold stock. Judging by the shipping times indicated on the Viking Tactics Germany website I would suspect that they order on your behalf. So it's up to you whether you'd rather deal direct with the manufacturer or go through a middleman.

I've previously ordered from TYR directly myself, and have one order in progress at present; their website is easy to use and if they don't have what you want in stock at the time of ordering then they'll let you know the current lead time and then notify you when its shipped. It is worth remembering that they are a relatively small business in comparison to the likes of LBT, Crye etc., so lead times can be lenghty and you may have to contact them for a follow up status check.

Failing that you could hold your breath and wait for one to pop up on the likes of the forums or ebay, but in all honesty it would probably be quicker (even with a lenghty lead time) in going direct to TYR themselves.

Nothing fancy here. All pouches and belt are OD, Plate Carrier is in RG. Colours match pretty nicely.

Proud Sidewinder with camping mattress "plates"

2x Condor triple MP5 pouch

Condor T&T pouch filled with some random bits and bobs

Condor PMR pouch

Condor hydration pouch and Source 3l bladder

Condor battlebelt (LC3 belt inside)

Condor M4 mag pouch as a pistol holster (use what you got!)

Condor double pistol mag pouch (1 extra mag for pistol + Leatherman)

Condor roll-up pouch as a dump pouch

That's a lot of Condor... :P

dsc0005suq.jpg

Hi,

Been toying with the idea for a while of getting a clone JPC for a new/updated look instead of my current Bulle chest rig. Anyone know where I could get one within the EU at a decent price?

Any recommendations for a hydro carrier? Something like a MAP or would it look "wrong"?

Currently I'm thinking of putting a x3 bungie mag pouch on the right cummerbund, utility on the left and some form of hydro carrier on the back with a clone MS3 sling going through the shoulder pads for a one point sling.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Edited by flynn353

Hi,

Been toying with the idea for a while of getting a clone JPC for a new/updated look instead of my current Bulle chest rig. Anyone know where I could get one within the EU at a decent price?

Any recommendations for a hydro carrier? Something like a MAP or would it look "wrong"?

Currently I'm thinking of putting a x3 bungie mag pouch on the right cummerbund, utility on the left and some form of hydro carrier on the back with a clone MS3 sling going through the shoulder pads for a one point sling.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

What colour will you be looking for?

20130424_125425_zps3bf3d6ae.jpg

20130424_125439_zps54ebb1da.jpg

20130424_125228_zps2696907e.jpg

20130424_125242_zps0d5bf32c.jpg

20130424_125554_zps15d085d4.jpg

DBT FAPC w/ Cummerbund

Head On Tactical MP7 Pouches w/ Kydex Inserts

Pantac Medium Dummy SAPI Plates

Pantac Medic Pouch

Tactical Tailor Joey .75L Hydration Pouch

My CQB loadout. Medic Pouch and Hydration Pack end up acting as counter weights as the Tokyo Marui MP7 GBB Magazines are a little on the heavy side.

I currently have my pistol mag pouches on my Crye Precision Low Profile Belt. I need to get a couple of pouches made for Tornado Impact Grenades. Then I can have them mounted either on the PC or the belt. If I mount it on the belt, pistol mags will have to go on the PC....I'll see how everything ends up working out.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

I was looking at the tyr tactical one before but I saw that it didnt come with a bladder. Still, I went kn ahead and placed an order for the gpc...I have about 50 more days of waiting to get my hands on my piece...for the time being...this one will have to do su7e4uvy.jpge7umydaj.jpg

Its a pig brig pc...rig is pretty darn nice...I have small esapi plates in em right now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2