Pictures of your Plate Carriers

I don't mean to be a *rickroll*, but I don't understand that set-up. How do you access/use half those pouches? How do you shoulder your rifle? Are you right or left handed, or are you so ambidextrous that you make Chris Costa your *badgeress*? When are cyalumes more important than reloads? When's an admin pouch more important than reloads? Why do you even have an admin pouch when you've already got velcro on the upper chest and two empty utility pouches? Although as you're running 8+1 primary mags you probably won't need them, where are your pistol mags?

I think you've got the potential for a good set-up there, but how it's laid out at the moment doesn't seem efficient.

*I'm overly blunt at times, just ask Spetz....

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Vila is correct mag pouches are placed that way for easier access while prone, cyalumes are just there for the pic a pistol mag pouch will go there when in arrives, i can access all the pouches relatively easily just takes practice to get used to the position of them,

I can shoulder  a rifle easily,  the radio and sidearm don't get in they way and the utility pouches would usually contain spare ammo/snacks.

But the layout of the pouches does get moved around suit the environment if at CQB mag pouches get move to the front, but at woodland the go on the side as you tend to go prone more when in a woodland environment than at a CQB site.

Wolf, personally, I'd rather have and not need than need and not have. I try to run inserts on all of my carriers, and then run some sort of mag setup on top of that (usually yielding a total of 6 mags). That way, if I'm playing a shorter game, I can close up the insert, and run three mags.

I typically shoot a lot. When I ran a chest rig, I would run 10 mags. Now that I run carriers, I run six up front, one upside down on the cummerbund or belt via kydex or fast-mag, and one in the gun, for a grand total of 8. I also keep a fully loaded speedloader in my fanny pack.

You could always buy mags with larger capacity. Or add more pouches and go for a lil bit of realism with lower capacity mags...or just filling mags a certain amount. Personally, I dont like rigs to be very bulky as I mainly play cqb.

You could also do some research and see how people set up their plate carriers ...then think about how you want yours set up.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Blarock,, awesome setup! Real crye I assume!? Was there any wait for it from Crye or was it picked up else where/2nd hand?

Yup, Real Crye CPC (M/M)

I ordered if from leafgear.nl, retailer from Crye in the Netherlands. It wasn't in stock, but I only had to wait 1-1,5 months.

And it's very comfy, Love it.

(I made a small calculation, and for the moment, I have about 2800€ on Crye gear lying around. :S ) 

And to join the mag-discussion:  I play with about 5-7 mid/lowcaps, and always play single or burst.

Edited by blarock86

Same set up for field and CQB. I carry 3 AR mags in my BFG triple on the plate carrier and two in esstac pouches on my battle belt plus one in the gun. It keeps a slimmer profile with all my mags up front and clean on the sides it allows you to hug the ground a lot tighter too.I keep a few mags in my MAP pack in case I need them.

rgpc_zps82890e79.jpg

rgpc2_zpse296f81b.jpg