Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

How do you like the ASPIS? Seems like one of the more under-rated PCs out there.

Really happy with it. Certainly underrated though. I found like 1 review on it before buying it. Its right around the price point of the Banshee while not having terribad shoulder pads and it will fit a 3 mag insert unlike the Banshee's two mag insert.

Got lucky with a deal for a FirstSpear Strandhogg.The previous carrier I used was a Shellback Tactical Banshee, but I found the shoulder strap design to be detrimental with my style of shooting. Using the Strandhogg fixed that problem and it also feels very comfortable. To honestly describe the Strandhogg, I see it as a Banshee on steroids.

The way my 2nd line is set-up corresponds to my 1st line.

photo3_zpsf601ee98.jpg

The vest carries the main essentials such as water, ammo, and a little room for storage. Since taking this picture I've added an admin and another HSGI TACO. On the back is an Emdom Vehicle Hydration pack.

photo2_zps3be56d41.jpg

The belt supplements what I'd rather not carry on my upper body.

- HSGI double stack TACOs

- BAE dump pouch (USMC issue)

- Dark Angel Medical IFAK

- TAG GP pouch

- Safariland 6004 mounted on a MLS Fork

- HSGI pistol TACO

• 2 weeks later...

My Banshee as I've run it for the past year before I settled for a FirstSpear Strandhogg. Overall the vest fully loaded weighs about 30lbs or so with mags, water, and armor. I still use it from time-to-time. The shoulder strap mod I made helps the vest perform a lot better than the factory buckles on the straps.

photo14_zps31653f30.jpg

b57ca7f9-11e4-4290-a66d-0e969d222aac_zps

photo15_zps5ca46bb7.jpg

This is a mod I did to my Banshee to fix the shouldering problems I encountered with the factory buckles. It was easier and more comfortable to shoulder a rifle with the shoulder straps being as low profile as possible. To accomplish this I cut off the plastic buckles and replaced them with ITW G-hooks. The G-hooks are stamped steel making them the lowest profile hardware available. Adding Banshee shoulder pads, the whole vest feels more comfortable, stable, and practical.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Got this one last week after about 2.5 months of waiting. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Got hold of my buddy at HeadOnTactical.com . He's making a quad MP7 mag pouch and a triple M4 mag pouch to replace the original kangaroo triple pouch.

The M4 pouches will use the ESSTAC KYWI pouches while the MP7 pouches will use my home brew kydex inserts for my TM MP7 magazines...updated pics to come hopefully the next week or so. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...