Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Am I the only one who finds the Crye JPC internal mag pouches (for AR mags) a right royal pain in the backside?

Going to get a coyote triple 10-speed instead.

Agree with you there. They're quite the pain.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

No issues with mine, and tbh , first issues I've heard, you guys putting them in sideways?

I've got the TMC Airframe and a set of Sordins on the way, how did you go about rail mounting the headset?  Only seems to be peltor mounts around, though I think I saw some sordin compatible ACM versions on ebay.

On ebairsoft, you can find the ARC-mounts for Peltor headsets.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/z3ad-peltor-headset-tb397-p-5732.html

My Peltor is a dualcomm, and came standard with a camo-headband, not the leather one. So I didn't have to cut my headband open.

You just have to prie open the metal loops from the original headband, and connect it to the arc-rails. (it's easy done with a multi-grip http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-and-groove_pliers

)

Just be carefull not to damage the wires.

The only downside is that you can't quickly change between the arc-rails and the headband like comtac's.

And yes, it's possible you have to bend the mounts a little, so they fit good in height, and they 'click' properly in place.

Edited by blarock86

Coyote Crye JPC build in progress.

LBT MBITR pouch is a stop gap until my JPC MBITR inserts show up from the states.

Shoulder pads are HSGI coyote ones. 

Hydro is a source 1l coyote reservoir.

MBITR replica is a Spartan clone with a Motorola MBITR replica inside, and a real Thales fist mic modded to Motorola 2 pin.

DSCF4733_zpsb7f1c484.jpg

DSCF4732_zpsb6166ccf.jpg

Crye Precision JPC Multicam/Medium

• Jumbo US Flag Patch

PIG BRIG Shoulder Pads

Crye Precision JPC MBITR Pouch

Tyr Tactical Small Utility Pouch

Tyr Tactical Micro-SOF IFAK

Apto Gear Double Magazine Pouch

Apto Gear Suppressor Pouch

Ferro Concepts Assault Back Panel

CAT/Trauma Shears

z169nYv.jpg

jGgSWmE.jpg

R6MmLdP.jpg

zqGNglr.jpg

Absolutely, it's a pain in the *albatross*!

That lead me to get rid of my MAP, I also didn't need the space it provided me with. By shortening the MAP, you've perfected it. It's strange that nearly all companies made their version of the MAP but no one made a smaller version, at least none became popular.

I already thought so. I may do it as well since I'll buy one for a 6094 in the near future.

If you don't want to cut open your expensive MAP, try the "Mod" by SpearsMilSim. They just roll the bottom up and loop the molle straps through the molle rows at the bottom. (You can also do this using tie-wraps)

It's strange that nearly all companies made their version of the MAP but no one made a smaller version, at least none became popular.

I'm amazed by this as well. Nearly all companies have been making smaller plate carriers for years now, yet none of them have decided to make a matching MAP...

If you don't want to cut open your expensive MAP, try the "Mod" by SpearsMilSim. They just roll the bottom up and loop the molle straps through the molle rows at the bottom. (You can also do this using tie-wraps)

I'm amazed by this as well. Nearly all companies have been making smaller plate carriers for years now, yet none of them have decided to make a matching MAP...

Local company here makes them.

That actually looks pretty good. There is no chance of screwing up your MAP.

Posted Image

Tyr Tactical GPC w/ HeadOnTactical Quad MP7 Mag Kangaroo Pouch.

Triple Glock Mag Pouch and Tornado Grenade Pouch also by HeadOnTactical. The pouches use kydex as the primary retention of the mags.

PC is still work in progress.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

The Banshee looks like it's kangaroo pouch is too small to fit an insert to hold three magazines. I do think that a Diamond Back Tactical kangaroo insert would fit, but I cannot guarantee it. Maybe even Ferro's Kydex magazine insert will fit, I should think so but again, I cannot guarantee it. Perhaps you should just invest in a few Esstac KYWI's, that should work just fine.