Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Been working on this since last year, and it's finally nearing completion. Only thing that's likely to change is I'll go back to having the pack as a stand alone unit rather than attached.

Intended for use as part of an Australian SASR (2013) impression kit:

IMG_1982_zpsf706a4e5.jpg

IMG_1986_zps1fbe3b13.jpg

IMG_1992_zps6121cd0b.jpg

IMG_1991_zps015d7aea.jpg

Crye JPC

BFG Double AR15 10-Speed Mag Pouch

Platatac Tear-Off IFAK

Platatac Drop-Down MBITR

Platatac Bullock Echo

*Mini IR ANF Patch, Source 2Ltr Bladder, C.A.T., Sharpie, Replica SAPI plates weighted to mimic RS

Invisio M3

United Star PRC-148 MBITR w/ Relocation Cable & Whip Antenna 

I believe tactical tailor makes 7.62 pouches, easily abailable in UK (tactical kit) or ebay Im saving for the gorgeous universal mag pouches... :drool: btw, are the Tactical tailor fight light pouches very different to regular 1000d cordura TT mags? qualitywise, I mean

Can't find any of these in multicam in the UK, and only 1 Asian place has them?

Hi, how does it work with Molle? They say compatible, but I would like to get some first hand experience. I run AK and 6/12 pouches are more M4 oriented and not available easily in Europe.

It his 100% fully compatible, if FirstSpear say something you can believe them I assure you, hell they've been making pouches with conventional PALS attachment themselves the whole time.  I've had my first Strandhogg coming up on 18 months now, review link below. V

Can't find any of these in multicam in the UK, and only 1 Asian place has them?

When he said tactical-kit, he wasn't just referring to a type of equipment. ;)

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-762308-10-rnd-single-mag-pouch-10096-13017-p.asp

Edited by CKinnerley

When he said tactical-kit, he wasn't just referring to a type of equipment. ;)http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-762308-10-rnd-single-mag-pouch-10096-13017-p.asp

Ah :P

I wasn't looking at the single pouches, but the double that's why!

Although at £12 with £5 postage for a single pouch I'll probably order these:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tactical-tailor-fight-light-7-62-double-mag-panel-20rd-multicam.html#.Uw3LOHggG0c

Edited by OriginUK

It his 100% fully compatible, if FirstSpear say something you can believe them I assure you, hell they've been making pouches with conventional PALS attachment themselves the whole time.  I've had my first Strandhogg coming up on 18 months now, review link below. V

When he said tactical-kit, he wasn't just referring to a type of equipment. ;)

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-762308-10-rnd-single-mag-pouch-10096-13017-p.asp

I saw your review of Strandhog. But I would like to see some pictures and get some experience :) I do believe that brands carry certain perceived quality and brand trust. However, I still want user experience. Maybe its compatible. But there are certain aspect to know and maybe use other system, like Airlite?

Any idea what is the big difference between:

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17615&cat=272&page=1

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17728&cat=272&page=1

FS uses Hypalon type laminate or traditional Cordura?

Edited by J.J.Simpson

Pictures/experience of what exactly?  I've posted pictures of my Strandhogg using PALS pouches in this very thread, I actually don't own very many 6/12 pockets at all.  Not having a go I'm really just not sure what information it is you feel you're lacking to make a decision.  Between my 2 Strandhoggs, 2 AGB Sleeves, a 6/12 cummerbund on my WAS DCS and just about every major brand of pouch with a true myriad of different attachment systems fitted, tested & skirmished with all those platforms, I've not found any noteworthy difference between using 6/12 and conventional PALS rigs.

Airlite/RACKMinus are an entirely different proposition IMO.  Again, both of those will work fine with the majority of PALS pouches, they're just very specifically designed for the carriage of ballistic plates with absolute minimum material used.  It happens they'll also accept pouches but some slight concessions have been made in order to maximise weight saving/go as low-pro as possible.  You'd struggle to mount certain hard moulded items for example, similar story with some pouches that aren't a standardised height of PALS rows, similar story to a PALS rig with only alternate spaced webbing strips.  I'd also not fancy using anything that attaches with MALICE clips on either of those platforms because that gets real uncomfortable real fast, which puts pretty much every TT and HSGI pouch (along with many other popular brands) out the window right from the off.

Edited by CKinnerley
Between my 2 Strandhoggs, 2 AGB Sleeves, a 6/12 cummerbund on my WAS DCS and just about every major brand of pouch with a true myriad of different attachment systems fitted, tested & skirmished with all those platforms, I've not found any noteworthy difference between using 6/12 and conventional PALS rigs.

That is what I was looking for. A player with experience to use it and tel me - no difference between molle and 6/12. I was looking at Spec-Ops Lekki plae carrier. which is only 0,5KG or Nora Tactical from Norway. They make custom plate carrier for 290USD something with laser-cut hypalon. Also 0,5kg or smth. I think that 0,5kg Plate carrier is really light

I am looking to lighten my rig, because my team requires to have plates, but with fully loaded RICAS and LMG I had issues with my back :) And I love LMGs...

Hi, how does it work with Molle? They say compatible, but I would like to get some first hand experience. I run AK and 6/12 pouches are more M4 oriented and not available easily in Europe.

Everything threaded easily. I didn't get any 6/12 pouches. Oddly, the pouches using MALICE clips were easier to thread than anything. Most of my pouches were HW backed or something similar in nature.