Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Plate Carrier / MAV Loadout early 2000

safarilandbodyarmor1o6fls.jpg

safarilandbodyarmor2cedzt.jpgsafarilandbodyarmor3def8z.jpgsafarilandbodyarmor4ccisn.jpgsafarilandbodyarmor5epdxr.jpgsafarilandbodyarmor6f2ct0.jpg

Safariland body armor
Tactical Tailor MAV
2 x BHI double M4 pouch "R.A.C.K."
2 x BHI grenade pouch "R.A.C.K."
Tactical Tailor pistol mag pouch
2 x USGI ALICE medium pack pouches modified
Multitool pouch
USGI modified LC2 mag pouch / radio pouch 
USGI Strobe Light pouch 

Edited by RIXX
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My DCS as it currently stands.

Overall pretty happy with it at the moment. Just needs a Magpul sling adapter attached to the sling currently on it and maybe a new PTT seeing as I've just spent two painstakingly patient hours re-isolating all the wires inside it to make it work again (it kept putting me on the group net even when I wasn't pushing the button). It is working now but I'm afraid it will break the first time I skirmish with it.

Also, another problem I had with it was the weight distribution with a full Camelbak. Solved it by putting some weight on the dummy plates I made from packing foam. Which will mean hotter skirms and the aforementioned Camelbak empty a lot quicker I imagine...

post-97105-0-79521400-1406062556_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vortix

Vortix, have you considered downsizing your hydration pouch? Unless you really need (I assume) 3 litres, you could drop down to a 1-2 litre bladder on your carrier and carry an extra bladder in a ruck sack or something, or top up back in the safe zone/FOB.

Source do 1 litre kangaroo bladders for example, that sit well on the DCS. Plenty of other manufacturers do similar sized bladders and pouches for them.

Meh, there's a 2.5 liter Camelbak Stowaway in the Cargo Pack that I pretty much use for everything. I don't completely fill it every time I use it but the weight distribution was off even when there was only one liter or whatever in there. I have been playing around with the thought of getting a smaller pouch for it as the Cargo Pack is pretty huge, but that wouldn't solve the weight issue. Anyway, I don't mind carrying a little extra weight. It's still lighter than actual PPE with actual 556 and 9mm ammo... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, recently bought a TMC 6094, got a few questions.

The Velcro pouches in the cummerbund, are these for utility etc, or to hold side plates?

What are the things that look like belt loops on the back of each plate pouch for?

Why is there Velcro on the back of the plate bag?

What's the big Velcro pouch behind the front PALS for, a kangaroo pouch?

Thanks in advance :)

The velcro pockets in the cummerbund is to a allow you to add Kevlar panels as well as plates for extra protection. You can also run comms wires through there.

The loops on the inside of the plate bags are for a strap to replace the cummerbund, however, replicas may not come with that strap. It's a poor design for such a strap set up...

The velcro on the inside of the plate bag is for additional protection to be added. Though I have not been able to find any protection panels that you can add. The velcro at the bottom of the bag is for the strap to replace the cummerbund.

The kangaroo pouch is to allow you to add pouches in there for many different things. Most common is a magazine pouch, but I see many people use the space for maps and other documents.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually was looking up yesterday night to see what brand that pouch was, I will check it again for you later tonight :)
And just letting you know, the pouch can just able to fits a Gas Bottle.

EDIT: I remember now, it's a Diamondback set that I got 2nd handed, I tried looking on their website but couldn't find it thou....

Edited by [-=O=-]^{Woozie}