Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

My Crye Precision MBAV AVS:

image_zpsqmjeqoob.jpeg

-CP MOLLE Front Flap

-CP JPC MBITR Pouch RG

-Eagle Industries Triple Mag Pouch (US Made/SFLCS)

-Eagle Industries V2 Utility/GP Pouch (US Made/SFLCS)

-Eagle Industries V2 IFAK (US Made/SFLCS) with x2 ETD's, x2 Compressed Gauze, 28F NPA, x2 Hyfin Chest Seals

-First Spear Small GP Pouch

Also running Velocity Systems MBAV Level IIIA armor and Highcom Security Level 4 plates (not for airsoft).

Edited by Gentner91
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah nice, someone actually got one.

Is the standard PALS front flap removable and can you take off the cummerbund and route other ones through the back as per the back panel of a 6094?

The front flap is entirely removable.

The cummerbund attaches through channels in the rear plate bag. It's not the same style of design as the EPC, 6094 or the like. 

Here's my review. 

No 223 Mags on your work vest?

God I wish. They won't let us certify on carbines here. So it's just pistol and shotgun for us. That was at a training event so no live ammo allowed anyhow. I do use shotgun cards in the rig though and that works very well.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My final setup...

AWS OCPC

AWS 6 m4 mag pouch

AWS dual pistol mag pouch

Conderp general pouch

5.11 mp5 mag pouch (currently used as a silencer pouch)

Chinese MAP

1 point sling (debating hitting it with OD paint

Strong side cummerbund is left bare on purpose for ease of secondary draw and comfort in rested position (so I'm not chicken winged over bulky pouches). No need for additional mag pouches or radio pouch as the OCPC has that built into the cummerbund.

20151111_1210062_zpsb9tokuam.jpg

20151111_1209592_zpscpgeupmr.jpg

Pretty happy with final placement of everything. First line is a dragonspine belt (in OD or tan depending on my loadout colors) with a safariland 6004 for M9 with weapon light on a 1.5" drop belt slider with a single thigh strap. Placement is in between that of a thigh rig and conventional hip setup. Originally bought it as a drop leg and took the 1.5" drop off one of my old duty holsters and never looked back.

I also have a PACA/chest rig setup for 7.62 (G3) recce loadouts, but no pictures at this time.

I've done quite the 360 with my gear. I started with a CIRAS, got a Banshee, switched to a Strandhogg, "upgraded" to a JPC with a Hogg cummerbund, downgraded to an SOHPC, and now I'm using an old Eagle Plate Carrier.

For some reason I really like the design and simple features that my EPC offer. 

IMG_9621_zps0ot9f0y4.jpg

IMG_9625_zpsp5kpmjpv.jpg

IMG_9633_zpsvkyilzhy.jpg

To keep up with the Jones's I'm using a new cool piece of kit from a new company called Advance Dynamic which lets you retrofit older plate carrier designs to accept modular/scalable panels.

I've done quite the 360 with my gear. I started with a CIRAS, got a Banshee, switched to a Strandhogg, "upgraded" to a JPC with a Hogg cummerbund, downgraded to an SOHPC, and now I'm using an old Eagle Plate Carrier.

For some reason I really like the design and simple features that my EPC offer. 

*snip*

To keep up with the Jones's I'm using a new cool piece of kit from a new company called Advance Dynamic which lets you retrofit older plate carrier designs to accept modular/scalable panels.

In one way I think you're certifiable, however I did have the Warrior copy of the EPC for a while and it is a decent design I can't argue.

I had a very similar kit made up myself about a year ago using a hypalon backer for the loop field and the female buckles mounted basically the same way.  I've been trying to sort of imply to a few of the big companies that kits like these and appropriate plate carriers are the way forward and it's going to be the way pretty much everyone goes in future, but it's taking a while for the idea to permeate.  Though HSP are working on their own PC which will no doubt be setup specifically for a modular front and people will buy their stuff like crazy just based on the brand so that'll help I'd imagine.

Edited by CKinnerley

No doubt, scalable/modular panels is pretty much the new norm. The problem with the industry is that most companies force you to buy their proprietary designs. The design from Advance Dynamic lets you retrofit older plate carriers or newer carriers that don't have the modular feature.