Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

LoL Hunk, Ya A Played around with frags but the shingle is hard to draw from, I think I'm going with the admin just for the ease of drawing from the shingle which i try to draw from last the keep the Dbl M4 From Flapping around 3 sheets.

Lizard, I'm 6'5, When I had my 6004 it seemed like the lowest leg strap would come loose then causing the upper strap to wiggle free mind you both of these straps are tight way past comfort even mounted low or high. Dunno, Maybe I was putting it on wrong but I doubt it

Edit *** Lizzard & 3rd Grade Spelling

Edited by newhotness
Lizard, I'm 6'5, When I had my 6004 it seemed like the lowest leg strap would come loose then causing the upper strap to wiggle free mind you both of these straps are tight way past comfort even mounted low or high. Dunno, Maybe I was putting it on wrong but I doubt it

Sounds like it is time for some 100mph tape for those leg straps.

I hope this is the right place to ask, as I didn't want to start an entirely new thread for a dumb question.

I have been looking into buying a CIRAS for ages and now that I have finally saved up enough dough to buy one, I'd like to know a few more things. I don't plan on buying a real EI one, I don't see the point of that so I have settled with the PANTAC version. Now the problem is sizing, I've been trying to figure out the sizing problem for a while, to my measurements, I should fit a size small, according to a measurement of BALCS cut armor, not carriers. Is the PANTAC CIRAS accurate according to the measurements of the real deal BALCS soft armor measurements? Also, judging by the WGCShop.com's sizing chart, I could go with either the small or medium, medium having to be strapped down to a lower size. I also do not plan on wearing thick clothing underneath the rig.

In case you would like to know, I am:

Waist: 90.3cm(35.5in)

Chest: 102cm(40in)

I have a medium PACA and it is quite big around the waist but not too big to manage it, as it is absolutely adjustable. However, the amount of overlap on the PACA is somewhat unthinkable to work in a CIRAS design, I expect some overlap but not this much. So, in my mind, a size small CIRAS is the way to go, but I don't know if the sizing of the real EI CIRAS and the PANTAC are accurate. Are they?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Does anyone know if I can order a CIRAS from RedWolf? It says on the site that it is "not for sale to the US" but I've heard others order them from RW and shipped it to the US.

Edited by -MOOSE-

Yeas a magazine for magazines i like that. Works really well the mags are heavily sprung to they pop straight in line as you pull one out Great when used with a dump pouch, However i have changed the RAV what do you think? More UKSF now methinks.

My fave pins would have to be the 1 point sling i made and attached to the vest :)

008-12.jpg

004-12.jpg

Thanks man, I appreciate it. The pouches will be switched for BHI sooner or later.

The weird mag loadout is due to me using one of these:

200cihc.jpg

Full mags for the thing are hard to come by, and *fruitcage* expensive. I instead keep a few stripper clips and ammo in 5.56 pouches.