Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Yeah it is bigger than the rig. I have it spaced 1 high if you can tell. I can lower it but I like where it sits now since it sagged to low before. It fits fine for me, I've worn much more cumbersome vests that held a lot less.

I plan on figuring something else out and moving the MAP to the EPC, what hydration do you recommend?

Jimmypie, just noticed that black carrier you've got. Is that one of those ultra-rare slick EPCs?

I don't know much about it tbh , it's a great rig , good for pmc style loadouts if you don't want a full BA set, I've tried selling it loads of times, no-ones ever interested , so back in the cupboard it goes lol.

I've never seen them listed, were they part of a contract for someone or limited run?

Edited by Jimmypie

IMAG0389.jpg

IMAG0390.jpg

Who'd have thought those were taken in a car park eh?

Nothing particularly ground breaking, but UK-tac were very helpful over th phone with ordering the new iteration of the DCS. Added on a pair of ten-speeds to fill some of the MOLLE without obstructing my pistol, along with an MC hydro tube cover for my grey Source tube. Ran it for a day at the Mall, very pleased with the setup.

I need a little help. I'm roughly 5'11" (on a good day) 250lbs. I have a 36-38" waist (depending on style of pants) and a 48-50" chest. I wear a XL shirt most of the time to fit my shoulders. I have tried Pantac's Maratime CIRAS and a Condor QPC. Both would work but left a little to be desired. I want a real plate carrier. I'm thinking of ordering SKD Tactical's P.I.G. Plate Carrier and was wondering if anybody has any experience with them. I tried the search function on this forum, but couldn't get anything to show up. If not a PIG, what would you recommend?

TIA.

Crash

Could you be more specific on what you found lacking?

My friend decribes the PIG as the pinticle of plate carriers when he was deployed.

But if you are a bigger dude(not even fat just a bigger guy) just about any plate carrier will look silly but preform fine.

I had a JPC and it looked a little strange but functioned fine.

They just didn't fit well. Tight in some places, loose in others. I guess that is what has drawn me to the PIG. Very minimal and very adjustable from the looks of it. My biggest complaint is the cummerbund. I want one for the additional molle, but on the Condor was really loose and floppy, and to get the Pantac one around me I had to pull it super tight. I hope that explains it better. I may just end up getting a woosatch and the side plates. I wish there was some where to try on a PIG.

Crash

I need a little help. I'm roughly 5'11" (on a good day) 250lbs. I have a 36-38" waist (depending on style of pants) and a 48-50" chest. I wear a XL shirt most of the time to fit my shoulders. I have tried Pantac's Maratime CIRAS and a Condor QPC. Both would work but left a little to be desired. I want a real plate carrier. I'm thinking of ordering SKD Tactical's P.I.G. Plate Carrier and was wondering if anybody has any experience with them. I tried the search function on this forum, but couldn't get anything to show up. If not a PIG, what would you recommend?

TIA.

Crash

Lucky for you I'm 6'1" 216lbs with a 38" waist and the exact same chest. I typically wear between L and XL shirts. My current rig is an Eagle SPC sized large with Large SAPI plates. Supposedly the SKD PIG was made by Eagle then First Spear so the dimensions are roughly the same. Your best bet is a sized Large PIG or EPC/SPC. I can try and get you pictures of my rig with me in it but I'll have to dig for them.

Edit** Found some off of my friends facebook. Hope these help. Let me know if you need more advice.

223209_10150594426375484_793720483_18554284_4102386_n.jpg

I'm on the left. This is my "full combat" load with about 13 midcaps plus a sidearm with 4 mags. I'm also wearing a hydro, IFAK, and a full battle belt. Some say it's heavy but I'm able to do a full sprint with all this on.

384477_10151042830265484_793720483_22076319_1757587085_n.jpg

I'm on the right. Here is the same vest trimmed down to only 10 midcaps no pistol gear and a simplified battle belt.

390732_10151042824315484_793720483_22076310_231946507_n.jpg

The back of the same loadout in the 2nd picture showing the hydro kit and two dump pouches.

Edited by Roecar