Hendrix2247

Pictures of your Plate Carriers

I ordered my CPC direct from Crye, it took about three months back in 2010....

My old job had some medium JPCs so I bought one for this weekend, pretty intense close quarters stuff went down, and realized I needed a better way to secure my explosives...

ccf2d03b.jpg

Back setup for yesterday....

de77399a.jpg

New setup I made today...

28ab053b.jpg

f1815efb.jpg

• Like 1

I can only imagine what the wait time from crye would be like now. Either way, too much money for me anyways. Really sweet JPC though, I think I like the look of the Paraclete pouches better, but are the kydex ones homemade?

Yes I made them myself, the paraclete pouches took up a lot of real estate, but worked, they also were a PITA to get the grenades out of, as people never read the label on them. I need to field test the kydex rack but so far they seem to work well. Although last game I got dragged a good 40ft to a medic I don't know how well the kydex holder will hold up....

I also dusted the exposed portion of the grenades with OD, so they don't look as crazy.

[/left]

How often do you find you use your garmin? I'm debating picking up a 301 or 401. I already know how to navigate well with a map and compass, and from what I heard the 401 improves upon it? Also how do you like the LBT pouch for it over the standard strap?

Sorry for the slow reply.....

I'd go for the 401, you can find them for less than $100 even from places like REI, I got mine for about $20 after REI's 20% sale, and they already had them marked down, then on top of that I had my dividend to spend.

I don't use it that much be we occasionally have "Milsim" games and I often "try" to play RTO and need that kind of info to give to command. I highly recommend replacing the original strap, I got the LBT one for dirt cheap... but 215 and FerroConcepts also make very nice holders. I do use it when I go hiking though especially as some parks around here you can go off trail....

I ordered my small JPC in CB in late February and had it about a month later, so depending on the size and color options you're after there may be less of a wait.

Does anyone with the Tyr hydro pouch have suggestions for a bladder? Is there anything that fits perfectly, or is it going to need to be "close enough"?

Sorry for the slow reply.....

I'd go for the 401, you can find them for less than $100 even from places like REI, I got mine for about $20 after REI's 20% sale, and they already had them marked down, then on top of that I had my dividend to spend.

I don't use it that much be we occasionally have "Milsim" games and I often "try" to play RTO and need that kind of info to give to command. I highly recommend replacing the original strap, I got the LBT one for dirt cheap... but 215 and FerroConcepts also make very nice holders. I do use it when I go hiking though especially as some parks around here you can go off trail....

Sweet, I'll go with the 401! Can't say I've seen them for less then $100 though, not sure where you found them for that price (REI says $175 but I do have the dividend and 20% off). I like the LBT one, I just gotta get down South Side to get one. Thanks!

I suggest reading the fine print:

"Offer not valid on hard-shell boats or stand up paddleboards, any item with GPS technology, phones or personal locator beacons."

-Piano

Another new addition, 6094B-RS with CASS belt system,lots of pics because i love it :P , also showing the release mech and cummerbund improvements,

p1000915x.jpg

p1000916yx.jpg

p1000917.jpgp1000918o.jpg

p1000919v.jpg

p1000920z.jpg

p1000921o.jpgp1000922l.jpg

havent had a chance to fully load it yet,and try it out, its a little strange to wear but very comfy.

I've asked Jim how he manages to end up with all of the cool kit.

My WAS DCS rig. Ran Setup like this at a game last month. Really like it.

6c749120.jpg

Although I want to add a BFG 10 Speed triple in MC on the WAS triple so I can carry 6 rifle mags on there instead of 3. Will be adding a pistol taco as I'd be removIng the od double pistol pouch. Then it's just a medic pouch and some for of hydration carrier.

How does that sit on your body? I'm 6 foot, 14 stone with a 40 inch chest, and I've been considering one of these for a wee while now.

I bought a WAS RICAS Compact last year after wanting one for ages, only to find out that I couldn't adjust it down enough for my size, so I sold it.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the DCS for a while, because I love my WAS 901, but I'd like a bit more MOLLE real estate on my back. I know, I know, there's the back panel, but I don't think it'll be compatible with my rig since I'm pretty sure I bought it just before 14/12/09 (the clip placement on the 901's was changed after this date apparently).

It seems like a happy medium between my chest rig and a full-blown plate carrier, just wondering if it's worth a punt.