Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Haha glad to hear it! ;)

Only thing I would say is don't bother with the small cummerbund, go for the medium at least as with the small you only get 5 usable columns of MOLLE and it really is a small fit. Medium will be able to tighten down enough even for the smallest of people and adjust to bigger/have more useful space.

Yeah dude, perhaps if you are only ever planning on running it with say a t-shirt and combat/BDU top on under and nothing (no mag inserts/armour) in the cummerbunds then get a small cummberbund.

If you plan on running anything in the cummerbund or a heavier top/jacket then I'd go for the medium. The way it's designed you can hide any excess by overlapping the velcro cummerbund attachments at the back. Whereas with the small adjusted to the biggest it will go there will be some of the rear stretch panels on show, not that it's a bad thing just shows that there is limited room to adjust it much large to fit bigger outer layers underneath. (if that makes sense)

Also you get 5 useable MOLLE columns on the small.. there is a 6th column of webbing but it's only about half an inch wide, so not big enough to put pouches etc onto, with the medium you will get atleast 6 useable columns on the cummerbund.

As a guide, I'm 5'10" tall and just under the 150lbs mark. 30" waist and usually a medium top size. I have the S/M cut APC front/back and a small cummerbund. I've got 2 mags in the left cummer and a small XTNiD radio in the right. With the rig adjusted to fit me over a thin t-shirt and combat shirt I have about 3/4 of an inch of the rear elastic showing either side. While I could get another 3-4 inches in size in the cummerbund by adjusting the rear to the maxium I would have all of the elastic on show and be gaining no MOLLE real-estate. It would be smart IMHO to get the medium and hide any extra in the back while retaining atleast another MOLLE column.

If that doesn't make any sense let me know and I'll post some better pictures of the fit/cut as there are plenty of people using/buying these but not much size guidance.

Pic of how it fits me:

USSFLoadout1407122edit.jpg

Not to be rude or anything but what size is it that gets 4 AR mags in the front...? I've seen custom built XL with XXL cummerbund 6094s that still only get 3 mags..

Now I may have to do what Validtumoralarm is doing.... although I'd have to get one in DD....

Not to be rude or anything but what size is it that gets 4 AR mags in the front...? I've seen custom built XL with XXL cummerbund 6094s that still only get 3 mags..

Now I may have to do what Validtumoralarm is doing.... although I'd have to get one in DD....

They could be running the Mayflower Quad M4 Shingle. It fits 6 columns of MOLLE, yet holds 4 magazines.

a6c207ab495c808c1dceb5ad9b22031b.jpg

-Ex

AH bueno, I was wondering if it was a function of size or not., does the APC have seven columns on all of them, my Crye stuff only has 6 but I use medium plates... Actually, that's good to know, I am having chest rigs built like the HGG THE Chest rig, so I may grab one of those shingles as I also need a 7.62 and 4.6mm shingles...

Has anybody seen this? It totally snuck by me. If it wasn't for the price I'd be all over a Tyr PICO by now.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/belts-accessories-low-vis/tyr-tactical-slotted-base-cummerbund/

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/communication-radio/tyr-tactical-pals-adapter-with-internal-radio-long-version/

As it is I may or may not end up picking one up to try with an APC just because it looks cool. I'm aware that I'd lose some functionality of the APC cummerbund, but the ventilation through the JPC's cummerbund is basically my favorite part of the rig. I'm torn between this and a FS Tubes upgrade kit.

AH bueno, I was wondering if it was a function of size or not., does the APC have seven columns on all of them, my Crye stuff only has 6 but I use medium plates... Actually, that's good to know, I am having chest rigs built like the HGG THE Chest rig, so I may grab one of those shingles as I also need a 7.62 and 4.6mm shingles...

I had one on my CPC at one point:

dsc_0001.jpg

Has anybody seen this? It totally snuck by me. If it wasn't for the price I'd be all over a Tyr PICO by now.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/belts-accessories-low-vis/tyr-tactical-slotted-base-cummerbund/

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/communication-radio/tyr-tactical-pals-adapter-with-internal-radio-long-version/

As it is I may or may not end up picking one up to try with an APC just because it looks cool. I'm aware that I'd lose some functionality of the APC cummerbund, but the ventilation through the JPC's cummerbund is basically my favorite part of the rig. I'm torn between this and a FS Tubes upgrade kit.

Huh, that's quite interesting. Wonder if it'd work with a 6094. I'm not sure how I feel about the entire thing being covered with loop velcro, though.

I wasn't clear enough. The front of the APC has six columns. On the back of the shingle, there would in theory be room for eight columns, but Mayflower position the straps one column in from each outer edge, so that they work with the front of the APC.

Actually, there's a little bit of real estate on each edge outside the APC's six columns, so when the shingle is installed, there's only the slightest of overhangs over where the cummerbund goes under the flap.

I prefer the feel and sit of the shingle over stuffing 3 magazines into the built-in pouch, and then you can keep that in reserve for other things (!)