Hendrix2247

Pictures of your Plate Carriers

Quite true, which surprised me as well. 

That plate carrier looks mighty fine, seems very comfortable by the looks of the design.

Yup tyr gpc...very comfy..padding everywhere :). Ordered a small pc. I have my own reservations on it. Good thing I have a gear maker buddy to make stuff per my spec. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

The tape is made by Finnish company savotta. It is just called "woodland". But yeah not M81. Something between M81 and dpm in m81 colors.

New rig for the next OP. Still looking for a radio pouch to replace one of the mag pouches and an IR strobe.

photo1_zps12bd6b64.jpg

photo2_zps5104f135.jpg

photo3_zps319c724b.jpg

• Like 1

How do you like the ASPIS? Seems like one of the more under-rated PCs out there.

Really happy with it. Certainly underrated though. I found like 1 review on it before buying it. Its right around the price point of the Banshee while not having terribad shoulder pads and it will fit a 3 mag insert unlike the Banshee's two mag insert.

• Like 1

Got lucky with a deal for a FirstSpear Strandhogg.The previous carrier I used was a Shellback Tactical Banshee, but I found the shoulder strap design to be detrimental with my style of shooting. Using the Strandhogg fixed that problem and it also feels very comfortable. To honestly describe the Strandhogg, I see it as a Banshee on steroids.

The way my 2nd line is set-up corresponds to my 1st line.

photo3_zpsf601ee98.jpg

The vest carries the main essentials such as water, ammo, and a little room for storage. Since taking this picture I've added an admin and another HSGI TACO. On the back is an Emdom Vehicle Hydration pack.

photo2_zps3be56d41.jpg

The belt supplements what I'd rather not carry on my upper body.

- HSGI double stack TACOs

- BAE dump pouch (USMC issue)

- Dark Angel Medical IFAK

- TAG GP pouch

- Safariland 6004 mounted on a MLS Fork

- HSGI pistol TACO

• Like 3

You've got your AR mags indexed in the opposite direction as your handgun mags. Do you draw them differently? Not criticizing, only curious.

I use a "beercan grip" to grab my AR mags. My pistol mags I grab with a modified "beercan grip" with the exception that my index finger points towards the feedlips. For me I found it easier to reload pistol that way.

My Banshee as I've run it for the past year before I settled for a FirstSpear Strandhogg. Overall the vest fully loaded weighs about 30lbs or so with mags, water, and armor. I still use it from time-to-time. The shoulder strap mod I made helps the vest perform a lot better than the factory buckles on the straps.

photo14_zps31653f30.jpg

b57ca7f9-11e4-4290-a66d-0e969d222aac_zps

photo15_zps5ca46bb7.jpg

This is a mod I did to my Banshee to fix the shouldering problems I encountered with the factory buckles. It was easier and more comfortable to shoulder a rifle with the shoulder straps being as low profile as possible. To accomplish this I cut off the plastic buckles and replaced them with ITW G-hooks. The G-hooks are stamped steel making them the lowest profile hardware available. Adding Banshee shoulder pads, the whole vest feels more comfortable, stable, and practical.

• Like 1

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Got this one last week after about 2.5 months of waiting. Lol

Got hold of my buddy at HeadOnTactical.com . He's making a quad MP7 mag pouch and a triple M4 mag pouch to replace the original kangaroo triple pouch.

The M4 pouches will use the ESSTAC KYWI pouches while the MP7 pouches will use my home brew kydex inserts for my TM MP7 magazines...updated pics to come hopefully the next week or so. :)