Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How do you manage to sling your weapon and draw a sidearm wearing something like that? For example do you move your primary to your off hand hip and draw your pistol or is it same side? Is up and over your shoulder an option? If so main or off hand side?

Simple,  I use a Crye Gunclip on my belt.  Primary hangs to front or off hand side, or if its not on a sling, its leaning against a wall. :)

Edited by bettyblue84

15781095077_1e1d15c310_b.jpg

15964825211_f13dff010e_b.jpg

The completed setup of the custom front/back/shoulder straps I had made.  Mixed in with a FirstSpear cummerbund and sprinkled with FS, BFG and HSGI to finish.  The current placard on the front is just standard PALS to allow for a somewhat 'universal' setup, because I often think I'm going to buy an AK or 308 gun then never actually do.

Skirmished it a couple of times so far and in terms of bulk, weight and general comfort it's not noticeably any different from a full FirstSpear PC; but when I do want to switch to some wildcat airsoft loadout (like having just a bunch of 40mms or loads of pistol mags on the front for example) the facility is there to simple swap placards and it takes about 6 seconds.  Which is infinitely preferable to having to own 3 different otherwise-identical CB plate carriers that just have different pouches on the front; both in terms of storage space and financial investment.

He might not have a sidearm.

If he does, it's probably on a dropleg - meaning there shouldn't be too much trouble with stuff getting in the way.

http://www.itstactical.com/gear/secure-your-safariland-6004-for-mid-ride/

BOOM! Then I stopped using the 6004 shroud(s) and they're collecting dust for a while, and I can use same kit for both slick PCs,  full PCs or slick PC with chest rigs. :P

• 1 month later...

So I find myself at an interesting crossroads with my kit. When I first started I wore a fully loaded CIRAS. Shortly after I ended up wearing a battle belt with some pouches. After that I loaded up my battle belt and making my vest slick.

Nowadays I'm wearing more and more kit on my vest again and less kit on my battle belt to the point that I only need to wear a leg rig and a holster. Do you guys find yourself consolidating kit back to a 2nd line vest again?

• 4 weeks later...

I'd not heard of them referred to as that, but yeah the pontoons are definitely a good option.  Personally, I won't buy a PC that's not spacer mesh inside and I aim for the foam pontoon/mesh combo setup that FirstSpear integrates as I like to keep using my PCs even during the height of the summer.  But overall yeah, the STT is incredibly good value for money.

SMG and shotty....hum

I use the same rig with my pulse rifle so I like to keep a shotgun handy for close encounters.

Plus like Sandstorm said they're both gas guns so the mp5 mags only hold 45 rounds. 

Both gas, Alias, so it makes kinda sense.

Evansy, what SMG pouches are those?

Viper. They're the only thing I've found which hold MP5 and Thompson mags.

I use the same rig with my pulse rifle so I like to keep a shotgun handy for close encounters.

Plus like Sandstorm said they're both gas guns so the mp5 mags only hold 45 rounds.

Viper. They're the only thing I've found which hold MP5 and Thompson mags.

They are making correct short mags