Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Forgive my sarcasm but great, it holds plates. What size?

You know you could take a gander at the description on Crye's website.... those aren't sizes for people, those are plate sizes....

http://cryeprecision.com/P-BLC04202LG0/Jumpable-Plate-Carrier%E2%84%A2-(jpc)

Kunlun, would a Source .75l bladder fit in something like that GP pouch? I can get generic Condor medic pouches for all of $5 at work, and if that ladder would fit inside a pouch like that with no trouble then I may just ditch my larger bladder solution on the previous page.

I tried it in the pouch and it only fits if I really shove it in hard, and that's with an empty bladder. I would recommend the TT Joey hydration pouch, still low profile and the bladder fits perfectly.

I was talking about the replica one since I am well aware how plate sizing works and would be happy calling Crye if I still couldn't figure it out. Those shifty asians, a bit less obvious. I want to know what size real plates it fits so that I can run it as an airsoft rig to get a feel if I like it or not, and so I can use it as a weight vest for PT since it is so well ventilated.

Ex, I think if any plate carrier would fit you, it would be a JPC. You can shorten the shoulder straps quite a bit, and you can make it as small in circumference as you want by relacing the "cummerbund".

I know that. But, even looking at validtumoralarm's picture, it looks like the shoulder straps themselves are placed fairly far apart. I don't have wide shoulders like that, so I feel like the straps are going to try to fall off of my shoulders.

-Ex

I think the other people were asking what size the clone is copied though, such as Scuffer (and I wouldnt mind knowing myself), doubt anyone would put real plates in it but as the plate size describes how big the vest it is it may rule out some from considering buying it.

Disregarding the fact that I was addressing echodafish who was discussing the real thing with me,

I think you are misunderstanding the concept of plate bag sizes, the plate bags are sized to plates, not people, if you knew anything about how plates are sized you'd know that there isn't a huge difference between the sizes (sometimes just a few CM), and that sometimes people will use a much smaller plate than they should, especially in the case where someone is using a lightweight, go faster rig like a JPC, and sometimes smaller people wear plates that are much larger than they should.

Just take a gander at this post I made on the last page as well.

I think you'd find the overal difference between the four available sizes is about 3-4 inches in difference based on chest size.

While it addresses the real JPCs, I think you'll find that even if you have a larger chest, say 114cm or 45in, you'll find that the small will fit you, just as the large or XL will. The adjustment setup on the JPC has an extremely large range, so the only restricting factor is the attachment point on the plate bag (basically the point where you can no longer get any more length out of the cummerbund once you have expanded it), and as you'll note the difference in width of a SAPI plate from extra small to extra large is roughly 10cm or 4 inches, hardly enough to cause trouble unless you are on the extreme ends of the spectrum.

To help explain,

Take a look at this image of the rear of a JPC, you see how bungie cord holds the cummerbund together, well you can use that same bungie cord to lengthen or tighten the cummerbund based on how much cord you use or how much you overlap the cummerbund. and if it's not big enough you can ditch it entirely and just use supplied webbing to connect the front and rear bags.

Crye_Precision-JPC_2A.jpg

Edited by frogfish