Pictures of your Plate Carriers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My AWS OCPC is above (but I got some new pics of it so I'll post them up anyways), that is now loaded up with my level IV plates and used more for real life/work stuff. I recently acquired a Flyye 609

A homebrew mod, I was trying to get proper tubes from a Scandinavian supplier but these started appearing on ebay. Nowadays you can buy FMA/TMC cummerbund with them fitted. I did a little write up

Posted Images

Oops. Sorry about that. I should be receiving my foam plates soon. They hopefully bulk it out that little bit and make it that little bit more rigid.

The DCS rig is awesome. Just need some matching MC pouches. It really is the most comfortable rig I've worn. My rigs are set up in the same way, 3 or 4 primary mags and 2 pistol mags. I run 2 mags in bladetech carriers on my belt which gives me enough mags for most games.

I started running my rigs with minimal pouches on them as when I had my ricas compact I got a untility pouch stuck as I climes out of a window and fell.

Finally got the DCS setup. I've kept the areas immediately left and right of the rifle pouches clear so that I can actually get at my pistol and pistol mags without snagging pouches.

P1020661-1.jpg

• HSGI TACOs x 3
  • ATS Small upright utility
  • Marz medium GP
  • PIG Hydro carrier w/velcro
  • Source 2L bladder

P1020673.jpg

P1020675.jpg

P1020677.jpg

Effectiveness wise? Excellent, been using them for a while now.

No good for keeping the mud and sand out, but most of the time in the UK that's not an issue, you just don't go crawling around on the floor. Obviously in urban/CQB environments it's nothing to worry about either, and seeing as you only need to buy one pouch for all your standard magazine types, they're a solid investment. They make FastMags entirely redundant as well.

Edited by CKinnerley

I like the look of them but totally forgot that they can carry different magazines. They might be better for me seen as I'm running both an M4 and an AK. Colour seems a good match for the WAS mc.

Did you get them from the USA? I'm hoping that there will be someone in the UK that stocks them.

I like the look of them but totally forgot that they can carry different magazines. They might be better for me seen as I'm running both an M4 and an AK. Colour seems a good match for the WAS mc.

Did you get them from the USA? I'm hoping that there will be someone in the UK that stocks them.

Well they would match, Warrior use Crye materials, so do HSGI. I don't know much about Crye's actual production facilities, but I should imagine that there's a good chance all the MC materials roll out of the very same building and then get shipped absolutely all over the place.

Probably more than half my gear from the US these days, I feel fairly confident that if a UK store were stocking stuff as high end as TACOs I'd have noticed it. Unfortunately however, given the relatively small demand for this stuff, the fact that most British retailers and consumers aren't even aware most of it exists and the costs incurred in importing it for wholesale, I don't see things changing any time soon.

Even if they did, a TACO (as an example) costs about $30 in the US, by the it got here you'd be looking at between £35 and £40 and that's before your postage. Sure, customs will sting you granted, but if you were to work it all out I think I can safely say that even if UK-tac or whoever were to get this gear in, you'd not actually save any money.

Is there anywhere in the UK to pick up a PIG Hydro carrier?

Far as I know, the PIG line is exclusive to SKD.

Edited by CKinnerley

stupid question... anybody used Ebaybanned TACO clone poches? :rolleyes: anygood for airsoft use?

I got one to try. The shock cord/elastic is a lot weaker than the HSGI version. I'll probably be getting some stiffer shock cord and replace it. In addition the plastic is a lot nicer on the real ones, and just some thin plastic in the EBAirsoft version

Long story short, the EBAirsoft version is passable, but I'm glad I have my real ones.

I got one to try. The shock cord/elastic is a lot weaker than the HSGI version. I'll probably be getting some stiffer shock cord and replace it. In addition the plastic is a lot nicer on the real ones, and just some thin plastic in the EBAirsoft version

Long story short, the EBAirsoft version is passable, but I'm glad I have my real ones.

Well, didnt expect the EBB ones to be more than passable at 1/3 of the price of the real ones, but, do the EBB tacos keep the mag secure, or will they fly off the pouch at the first (or second) jump? :)

Thanks

Well, didnt expect the EBB ones to be more than passable at 1/3 of the price of the real ones, but, do the EBB tacos keep the mag secure, or will they fly off the pouch at the first (or second) jump? :)

Thanks

They seem to be pretty secure. I did, however, tie some knots in the shock cord to tighten it up. They seem to adequately hold both AK and AR mags (all I've tried them with). The AK mags were a bit of a pain due to the less rigid nature of the plastic sides (inserting the mags upside down), but still work.

I have a LBT 6094A, and I put a dummy plates or wanted to know if they are compatible?

Since the dummy plates are modelled after real SAPI Medium plates(or large) and the LBT6094A is designed for medium and large plates, they will fit. Although the fit is pretty tight with mediums, I'm fairly sure that a large plate could fit in the carrier as it should with a real plate.

I'm using the plastic hollow shell plates in my LBT6094A.

Finally got the DCS setup. I've kept the areas immediately left and right of the rifle pouches clear so that I can actually get at my pistol and pistol mags without snagging pouches.

• HSGI TACOs x 3
  • ATS Small upright utility
  • Marz medium GP
  • PIG Hydro carrier w/velcro
  • Source 2L bladder

CK nice rig, looks very functional and HSLD! B)

Quick question/request - Any chance of a pic of the back of that rig? I'm getting tempted by the DCS as a stop-gap rig until I can afford a CPC and would like to see how the PIG Hydro looks on it. Also, if it's not to impolite, how much did the PIG Hydro Carrier and Source bladder set you back (once customs had their way)?

Thanks very much. I shall endeavour to get a picture of my rear end and post it up tomorrow for you.

Not exactly sure of the cost of the hydro setup on it's own unfortunately, all that gear came in one order from SKD. You best bet would be to just have a look at their site to see the basic cost of the 2 items, then you'll be able to take a rough stab at what HMR&C/PF will end up charging you.