Airsoft Shopping in Hong Kong

Fightingchook

Not noticed your post here until now FC... trust a gwailo to help with info on the airsoft scene in HK. :P

So, now that marlowe's got such a comprehensive source of info about HK, there's not really much point in meeting up right? You'll be alright, mate ;P

Seriously though FC, you put in a bit of your free time to make that map thingy, eh? Not high tech or anything, but still cost time.

Just surprised we're not innundated with WHERE AM BEST GNU? questions... yet

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very silly question but I'm planning a trip to HK next year hopefully, but I was wondering, whats the better currency to take for airsoft spending? HKD or USD? Reason I ask is because all the online stores are priced in USD but I doubt that'll be the case when you visit the physical store.

On the Hong Kong Island side, don't forget we have a few also including Classic Army, A-1 and UNCompany. I personally am an advocate of UN as I get much of my work done there. If you are looking into good quality custom work, they are probably one of the more trust-worthy ones. As for the former two. A-1: Chinamade and a lot of junk. Classic Army: Just a branch store.

You're the only person I know, then, who's had good experiences with Unco's repair/upgrading service.

Every gun I've encountered which was upgraded or repaired at Unco ate itself very quickly, and upon opening them up you can easily see why.

Someone's P90 died, turns out that the $500HKD upgrade bought him:

1) An M125 spring

2) 2 6mm bearings - literally 2, on the spur gear, the rest were left with stock TM bushings

3) A very, very shoddy chop-job on the stock TM piston head.

4) One of the worst shimjobs I have ever seen.

Just for the non-HKers, the M125 and the FULL set of 6mm bearings would cost $100ish HKD.

Great to buy from, avoid like the plague for upgrades etc.

Very silly question but I'm planning a trip to HK next year hopefully, but I was wondering, whats the better currency to take for airsoft spending? HKD or USD? Reason I ask is because all the online stores are priced in USD but I doubt that'll be the case when you visit the physical store.

If you plan to spend in HK, i'd highly recommend buying HKD, as the stores have extremely bad exchange rates, and sometimes wont accept USD at all.

I was also wondering how to tranport big items bought from HK. I might just buy them on the spot and then ask them to be sent via regular mail and then get it from customs. Naturally, that way I would have to pay tax duties.

Does anyone of you know the adress of Airsoftbuddy? Or is it even located in Hong Kong?

• 2 weeks later...

Quoted from MooCow:

you can easilly get a radio for 300ish HKD...

but if you're looking for moto specifically they can go over 1k hkd easilly dependant on your needs :)

http://www.409shop.com/

Address: NO.39-40,G/F, Wonder Building,

No.161-175 Fook Wa Street, Sham shui po, Kowloon.,

I'm on the hunt for a pair of Puxing 777s or 888s. Can anyone in HK suggest what I should be paying or alternatives to 409 Shop?

Cheers for any help.

well the quick and fairly reliable (imo) way is to look up macau or hong kong yahoo auction sites. HK'ers use yahoo auction as much as ebay.hk so you're bound to find something there.

Provided you are "native to the area" and/or can read and navigate the above-mentioned websites.

That should give you a round about idea of cost, even if 2nd hand.

Well, i got back from Hong Kong late last week and i have to say it was an absolute blast.

Visited pretty much all of the shops, picked up some bargains, and drooled over future purchases.

A big thankyou to the guys at Tokyo Model for all their help regarding SERPA's, expect my order in a few weeks. Also, thanks very much to the guys at Trinity for the help sorting out the Readymag parts for my battery.

Its just a crying shame i couldnt bring any RIFs back (*shakes fist at VCRA*), there was a stunning full metal KWC Desert Eagle i wanted. Going to see my local shop (Fire Support) to see about the chances of importing one.

Anyway, thanks for guide Fightingchook, it certainly saved me a lot of time and effort (and a lot of needless frustration walking around in the blazing sun, haha).

well the quick and fairly reliable (imo) way is to look up macau or hong kong yahoo auction sites. HK'ers use yahoo auction as much as ebay.hk so you're bound to find something there.

Provided you are "native to the area" and/or can read and navigate the above-mentioned websites.

That should give you a round about idea of cost, even if 2nd hand.

Cheers, fella.

Here's my experience of bring back RIFs from HK into the UK.

When I get the RIF from the shop, I keep the receipt safe with me. Then on the day I leave HK, I wrap the RIF box in some sort of parcel wrap, BUT not seal the box. I then take some extra tape and some string with me. When I get to the airport check-in counter, I tell them that I have a toy-gun. They will then call airport police over, they will be ARMED! So don't try anything stupid :P You don't know how tempted I was to ask if I could have a look at this guy's holstered SIG. The airport police would then check the RIF, and ask me a few questions, at this point I give them the receipt, tell them the shop name and how much it cost. As soon as I cleared this stage, I seal up the box. And staff at the airport check-in counter take the RIF off my hands and class it as sensitive check-in luggage. Then I would just collect it at luggage pick-up point in the UK.

I have done this with no probs with pretty much every RIF I own. On one occasion, things worked a bit differently, this was with my newly released P90 back in 2001. The airport staff got a bit funny about the mag with fake rounds in it. So what they had me do was actually carry it through to passport control, they then proceeded to x-ray the box, then x-ray the mag. After they were happy that it wasn't a real weapon, they just took it off me and sent as check-in luggage.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a pair of Puxing 777s from 409shop via their website. Great service and superfast delivery: I know I'm only down the road, but they were delivered to my door less than 24 hours after being sent. Very pleased with the radios. I can highly recommend 409shop and the radios.

Tangman - cheers for the heads-up on Adventurer Military Outdoor Equipment. Haven't met Ben but Yeung & Carlo(?) were very helpful. Anyone interested in PCUs should check them out - they have full sets of the replica (Ebaybanned / 4 Star?) for HK$498, which is about US$63.

The guy at Moscow has Flyye gear at very good prices: sturdier than the Pantac gear I've got, in my opinion. Eagle Industries gear in Supreme Co seemed pretty reasonably priced, but I'm not really in-the-know with what you should be paying. Supreme also have the 5.11 Rush 24 packs for HK$429 - a very good pack for EDC, but only in that orangey-looking CB that 5.11 do...

Anyone know who carries the Cavalvy Bowman headsets around Gun Street..?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That's with the funky spandex? Haven't seen it. And why? That spandex looks gay :D

Not the supertightgayspandex look - I've seen those tops on Gun Street for HK$90. It's this one:

2783.JPG

2788.jpg

Anyone with the UKSF bug is going to want to get a set...

Hey does anyone know where did gunners go? Apparently they moved but not sure to where. Looked for their shop today..... no luck

I need a acm DD 7 inch lite rail really badly

Gunner moved just on end of the street, the right side with the all the food markets outside, he moved on the left side on end of that street (is not open to public yet but soon), not very far from the place where he was before. Classic Army has 20% all items sale! just went past there today, Cop9gun guys gave good service for me today, very helpful really preciated their service.

Gunner moved just on end of the street, the right side with the all the food markets outside, he moved on the left side on end of that street (is not open to public yet but soon), not very far from the place where he was before. Classic Army has 20% all items sale! just went past there today, Cop9gun guys gave good service for me today, very helpful really preciated their service.

Oh do you that next to Cop 9 they have a new store sellin loads of accessories. It's not really ready yet. They haven't properly priced taggaed everything

Oh do you that next to Cop 9 they have a new store sellin loads of accessories. It's not really ready yet. They haven't properly priced taggaed everything

the accessories shop is open and running nicely with very helpful people working there, had real good service with them, would recommend to anyone :)

Not the supertightgayspandex look - I've seen those tops on Gun Street for HK$90. It's this one:

Anyone with the UKSF bug is going to want to get a set...

I might be mistaken, but i saw a couple of those up at Supreme Co last week...

A dude came in and bought up 20 pairs... so i';m not sure if there's any left!

Archived