Airsoft Shopping in Hong Kong

Fightingchook

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not the supertightgayspandex look - I've seen those tops on Gun Street for HK$90. It's this one:

http://9gpvlq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pX27...sJtN0S/2783.JPG

http://9gpvlq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p62o...dy53DC/2788.jpg

Anyone with the UKSF bug is going to want to get a set...

Yup, that's the gay pants with the spandex at the knees and right above the *albatross* on the rear (for ventilation or flexibility?).

Next thing they come up with is stockings and tights?

Yup, that's the gay pants with the spandex at the knees and right above the *albatross* on the rear (for ventilation or flexibility?).

Next thing they come up with is stockings and tights?

Innovation is soooo "gay".

• 4 weeks later...

Nutek: Only if you have someone who can take you to the wholesale shops, rather than the mainstream shops (UNCO, etc). You probably won't save enough to justify the trip if that's your only aim.

That said, HK is a great place which, with the outlying islands, can easily take up 2 weeks and it was good to catch up (if only for a day each) with Billy and Jimmy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am planning to go to Hong Kong this 1-6 October, but my schedule to visit Mongkok only on 1 and 3 October, and unfortunately those dates are public holidays, so do they still open on public holidays??

usually no :( but you can check with those shops you want to meet if they can be open for you.

Just a note of thanks to the OP'er for this thread to all who added comments. Was passing through HK last week and took advantage of my very short time there.

Advise: Plan more than a one night stop over!! :angry::(

The info here came in very useful for such a short visit.

20% discount at CA shop was welcomed also :D and I got most everything I needed at the newer CA shop located at Tung Lo Wan Rd on HK Island.

Getting to the main AS street on Kowloon side was no worries, the MTR is the best way to travel. I used Yau Ma Tei station as suggested above. I also used the maps in the OP. Top job.

HK dollars is the currency to use and there are plently of ATMs to help you bleed your bank account.

I did prepare with pictures of what I needed in case of confusion. Language was never an issue though but the prepared pics did come in handy once!

Big thanks the guys in New Sniper Model Co. for the help and kindness.

Man I needed more time there.

Conger Out.

• 3 weeks later...

I was supposed to write this a while ago since I did a stop-over in Hong Kong for 3 days in August. 3 days were enough to do some airsoft shopping. I agree, that info on this thread came really handy, thanks for that.

An alternative way to get to Mongkok is obviously walking. Though it took me about 40min to walk from New Peking Guest house, Kowloon. All those people on the streets kinda slowed me down. Took the MTR too, which was of course a lot faster but as crowded as well (surprise surprise).

When I was trying to find Armed Forces to buy some WE parts I managed to stumble across their office :D . Fortunately, they were kind enough to guide me to the shop itself. This friendly guy also gave me a little tour around the shops. The bad thing was, that I ended up exceeding my budget :P

Post office is conveniently located just around the corner, so it was easy to just ship all the gear back home. I decided to spare some money (and waste them on gear of course) by shipping on surface. That proved to be a mistake, since it took over 4 weeks for the guys in post to even get the package moving. Now it´s been in total 7 weeks and counting and no package has come yet :angry: Had I knew this I would have definitely used air mail and paid extra for the sheer pleasure of having my items already.

In summary: great information here, appreciate it. Be prepared with a good budget. Hong Kong surface mail=FAIL

Good post, I am heading there again in November!! Well, now I will know which shops are sumbitches and which ain't.

Unfortunately, I am given a limit of only 2 airsoft guns back to Thailand plus a 30% tax waiting for me to pay in the custom.

B

We're heading out to HK in a few weeks for shopping and holiday but I put this as top of my favorites now (on my laptop, btw does anyone know the wifi/net availibility in HK?)..

Doesn't RSOV have a warehouse in Mongkok? I know keith will sometimes let you come and visit him out there if you email and ask them nicely (They used to do a "Pick-up from warehouse" but they got removed from options I think?)

We're heading out to HK in a few weeks for shopping and holiday but I put this as top of my favorites now (on my laptop, btw does anyone know the wifi/net availibility in HK?)..

Doesn't RSOV have a warehouse in Mongkok? I know keith will sometimes let you come and visit him out there if you email and ask them nicely (They used to do a "Pick-up from warehouse" but they got removed from options I think?)

every coffee shop/shopping mall has WIFI you just need to buy a internet card from 7Eleven to use it :) cheap as butter

• 2 weeks later...

I'm heading to HK in December and was wondering if some locals can help me with this :) Where's the best place to get Flyye gear (price and variety) because i'm looking to get a Dispatch Bag and a couple of peices of gear.

Thanks!

Tome

Flyye gear a tough one.

theres a couple of minor outlets in the MK area but not easy to find.

I will try to revise the shop list as its over due.

at least a dozen changes, like new shops, closed shops and moved shops.

Plan to add other airsoft shopping locations as well as computer and Ph malls.

although will take a little time... which i'm lean on atm.

but geneally that map still ok... cause it gets you in it

:P

FC

Archived