Airsoft Shopping in Hong Kong

Fightingchook

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used Cobra for some more exotic orders back in the day, and they're pretty solid. Had to convince them it's safe to ship stuff to Poland, though, but once the first shipment went through, they added the country to their destinations list.

Also, EBairsoft got on my nerves again. I placed an order on Feb 27th, nothing happened to it for a week, so I asked them what's going on and how long do I have to wait. Because it's normal that sometimes more unusual wares go out of stock and a while passes before they're restocked, but getting that info out of them was a pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, EBairsoft got on my nerves again. I placed an order on Feb 27th, nothing happened to it for a week, so I asked them what's going on and how long do I have to wait. Because it's normal that sometimes more unusual wares go out of stock and a while passes before they're restocked, but getting that info out of them was a pain.

Tipical modus operandi by ebairsoft, I think Im close to have more refunded orders from them than actual shippings... and its a real pity as they have some nice gear and stock it before any other shop... well, their loss

Tipical modus operandi by ebairsoft, I think Im close to have more refunded orders from them than actual shippings... and its a real pity as they have some nice gear and stock it before any other shop... well, their loss

Well, it just so happened they have the right model of TF3 vest in stock, so I decided to wait. But I think it's a Chinese thing, boast large offer and not say that some things are temporarily out of stock and will be back later, Dealextreme pulled something similar on me lately.

I had that too, for a TF3 vest too.  In the end I think I purchased from ACMGear or Shootercbgear ....(I can't remember...) :no:

Check out this thread for other pics of TF3 vest outfits: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/197624-transformer-3-loadout/page-3?hl=%2Btf3&do=findComment&comment=2575718

Dealextreme is one of my favourites in that regard, but for some stupidly cheap prices, I can wait or take my chances... although what they tried to pul on you is common on most of my orders...

Must travel to HK one of these days, so many airsoft shops are too much to let pass :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone can tell what's happened in the US CA zones. A lot of returned parcels recently.

I'm in Central Europe and still can't get two parcels from Hong Kong sent out more than a week ago. What's odd, parcels from mainland China went through without problems. There may be something going on HK-side.

HK Post Tracking says the parcels were sent on March 28th and April 2nd, respectively. Local postal service tracking sees only the Broomhandle as "sent out on April 2nd", but has nothing on their side. Oh well, their IQ is only as high as their salaries, and they earn peanuts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm off to HK in a week on a work trip, even though my schedule is rammed with going in and out of mainland china, I do have Sunday off, as I'm only looking for mainly gearbox parts and optics can anyone advise on the best shop ?

I'm stopping at the mandarin oriental excelsior any tips would be gratefully welcome

Just googlemap Khwong Wah Street which is near Yau Mai Tei underground station. There you will find all kinds of small stores which will have plenty of gearbox and optics for you to browse. You'll spend ages comparing prices though!! I spent ages comparing prices in about 12 shops in and around that street!

There is like a small shopping precinct to the side street off Khwong Wah Street (looks like a market but off to the side are more stores)

I would also recommend eHobbyasia superstore but it is in another location and is not open on Sundays.

Be warned you could be spending more money than you expected, budget for more!!

Thanks for the info

Budget = credit cards ;)

You should consider listing a few things that you are looking for, then we can recommend specific stores. Otherwise Dentrinity has lots of bits as does Tokyo Model Shop. I went with HKD cash to avoid any unnecessary charges etc, plus more open to some rounding down discounting... Credit card payment could result in surcharges. (grab some notes from an ATM or something)

I made an order on April 2nd for 3 items from Ebairsoft, 2 of the items were dispatched on the 4th and I received 2 weeks later and my third item still hasn't even been dispatched. I emailed twice to ask if the item was out of stock and got the exact word for word reply both times. 

'We will ship your order as soon as possible' 

If they at least told me when they were getting new stock in, that would be helpful!

The list is quite large !

Various Springs of different ratings

Lonex motors

Pistons and piston heads

Elcan spectre

Siegetek gearsets

Eotech magnifier and fts

M600c surefire or clone

KAC Ris

Creation 226 metal frame

I'm taking 6000 hkd plus cards just in case

WGC is the sole distributor of Lonex items in HK, but they are not open on Sundays

SC gears aren't available in HK either

The other items on the list should be readily available to at various shops around Kwong Wah. I suggest you print out a list of the items you want (specify the brand and make sure you have photos as some retailers don't read english very well), and hand a new copy of the list to each shop (best not to let them know you have prices of all their competitors too..) when you walk in and ask them to write down the prices for you. This is the easiest way to compare prices, or else you may be in for a frustrating afternoon trying to communicate with retailers. 

Cash is the way to go. Typically stores only accept credit cards if the order is over HK$1,000. If it is under, a 3% surcharge is added. Debit/EPS cards are accepted with no additional charge for HK$100 or over, but since you are coming from abroad, cash would still be the best option for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

U guys all lucky can buy thing "free" i mean u guys can buy airsoft unit and accessory every time u like. My country not allowed airsoft (because the similiar with real steel) and it's suck!!! We can buy it from some seller, but the price are more higer $100-$200 from the actuall price (because they "pay" for the "custom"). And if go to Hongkong i just can buy like accessory or gears or some internals like hopu up rubber, inner barrels and just about it:( well on December i will go to Hongkong and im sure im gonna write the list, where i must go if i wan to buy airsoft stuff in HKG ^_^

Archived