WE Gas Blow Back Series Part 2 - SCAR

Airsoft Buddy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats a design flaw on the FNH SCAR, I wish they wouldn't have copied it.

Huh?

The real deal scar has a reciprocating charging handle.

Also, im not sure if its an artifact of the video but there doesnt look to be very much travel to the actual bolt assembly.

hey Airsoft Buddy, I love the SCAR... Definitely going to look into this one.

But I am with my_plague_666 on this one... Are there any rumblings of an M16A1 or VN model in the works?

Thanks!

You may modify by yourself. You may put G&P's front set on the WE GBB M4. Of course you need to modify before you install the G&P to WE GBB M4.

The real deal scar has a reciprocating charging handle.

It does, and that is a design flaw that FNH made. Having a reciprocating charging handle can snap on thing, or if you are resting the gun on something, and the charging handles path is interrupted, you will have problems. There are not any benefits in having the charging handle reciprocating.

WE is based in taiwan right? So can Magpul PTS throw a hissyfit at WE if they start making GBB PMAG magazines?

Or they can team up.

It does, and that is a design flaw that FNH made. Having a reciprocating charging handle can snap on thing, or if you are resting the gun on something, and the charging handles path is interrupted, you will have problems. There are not any benefits in having the charging handle reciprocating.

Or they can team up.

reciprocating charging handle does have its benefits though such as having it up front so that it's easy to pull but ya.. i still prefer the ar charging handles

You may modify by yourself. You may put G&P's front set on the WE GBB M4. Of course you need to modify before you install the G&P to WE GBB M4.

Well, the recievers are different on the M4 when compared to the M16A1/VN... you should really tell WE that we want M16A1's :-p.

reciprocating charging handle does have its benefits though such as having it up front so that it's easy to pull but ya.. i still prefer the ar charging handles

Reciprocating just means it comes back with the bolt, it has nothing to do with the location. For instance, the Masada/ACR has the charging handle in the same place, but it doesn't reciprocate. The only reason why they would have it reciprocate, for RS, might be that it is less complex. That being said, I prefer the Masada/ACR style charging handle.

Woah. Hold on there guys, although they say they're going to be releasing more and new gbb rifles, doesn't mean the will make these really kool ideas y'all are throwing at 'em. I'm not telling you to stop, but simply to reduce the numbers. Like most of you, I too, am looking forward to the next new cool gbb that's going to come out. Who knows, maybe all these ideas y'all are saying would be awsome to have as a gbb will end up being mass produced and widely avalibe. You also have to remember that WE-Tech already have their own schedule of what to do for the following months.

Now, to keep on topic, to me it seems that the reason the bolt isn't going all the way back is either A] WE-Tech simply just too a SCAR body and slapped in the m4 interiors w/ some minor fitting adjustments. Or B] As the person in the video said, he used up all the gas. There's also the possiblity that its because its still in the prototype phase.

FNH ran with the reciprocating cocking lever so they could do away with the forward bolt assist mechanism.

I like the looks of this setup so far for sure, & in a perfect world it would be a drop in kit for a VFC MK 16.

They haven't gotten their WE's m4's to work properly yet so why start on something else? Looks to me like the internal mechanism is the same as the M4. So when they release the SCAR i'm sure they'll be releasing parts for it as well. But then what happens to the others who bought the M4? Are they going to have to wait even longer for their parts because they're working on parts for their "newer" guns? To me...it's the same gun in a different shell. Does anyone else besides me think it's a bad idea?!

On a side note...for those saying "yay it's not an m4" Sure there are a lot of M4 platformed guns, but people like them because you can configure them with so many aftermarket parts. All the scars pictures i've seen look the same. Just different optics/silencer combos. Where as the m4 you have different grips, handguards, rails, sights, stocks, receivers, mags, etc.

FNH ran with the reciprocating cocking lever so they could do away with the forward bolt assist mechanism.

I like the looks of this setup so far for sure, & in a perfect world it would be a drop in kit for a VFC MK 16.

I rise the same question to WE as well. It looks like that internal parts in the upper receiver is not that complicate to install, however the trigger mechanism in the lower receiver may a bit tricky to put in.

I wonder if WE will make a SCAR-H lower so you can switch platforms

As far as I remember...VFC's Mk-17 upper receiver is longer than Mk-16

They haven't gotten their WE's m4's to work properly yet so why start on something else? Looks to me like the internal mechanism is the same as the M4. So when they release the SCAR i'm sure they'll be releasing parts for it as well. But then what happens to the others who bought the M4? Are they going to have to wait even longer for their parts because they're working on parts for their "newer" guns? To me...it's the same gun in a different shell. Does anyone else besides me think it's a bad idea?!

On a side note...for those saying "yay it's not an m4" Sure there are a lot of M4 platformed guns, but people like them because you can configure them with so many aftermarket parts. All the scars pictures i've seen look the same. Just different optics/silencer combos. Where as the m4 you have different grips, handguards, rails, sights, stocks, receivers, mags, etc.

Let it be known that WE is currently also working on the followings:

(1) improving the current AWSS M4-series; more specifically the hop-up system

(2) the CO2 magazine (with different power settings)

(3) the stability of the entire platform

(4) new M4 variants models icon_shh.gif

http://gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=437

This all seems like a good idea, but like shinhk said, this is all somewhat coming at us relatively fast. I myself like this idea of a GBB SCAR, and even though I've never been a fan of it, the day I played with the real one I fell in love for some ODD :huh: reason.

Now once this thing rolls off the line, and everyone is first in line to buy there's , sure they're gonna love it at first, but maybe after a few hundred rounds, something starts to break, or wear down, or doesn't function right for some reason. We saw problems right off the bat with the first batch of M4's WE came out with, gave feedback, and then saw v.2 come out, and THEN a few aftermarket parts for what seemed to be the parts that were initially having problems. I'd love to buy one of these, and of course the M4 (yes I still don't have one..looking for a v.2) but I'm also going to wait to see what the verdict is when that first person starts the review thread..unless this thread becomes the complete WE SCAR thread.

All I'm saying is lets be just a tad bit patient that's all.

shin and pforce make great points. I just want to point out that they (WE) are interested in making money. Surely, focusing efforts to improve their M4 would be great, and would actually lead me to purchase one. But they've probably thought about this and crunched numbers and decided that releasing a SCAR using essentially the same system would probably be more profitable, and I tend to agree with them.

With any luck, development on their SCAR will lead to improvements to their blowback system which will then trickle down to the "legacy" M4.

Archived