Just wanted to put up some info on these.

Basically its a more convenient version of their original gearset in that it fits pretty much all gearboxes(v2/3). One of the huge perks thanks to their design is that no matter what size you buy(6mm, or 7mm) the bearing size that the gear rotates around is the same. The ball bearings look bigger than those we have seen in 7mm bearings and have taken a large amount of torque due to a mishap in motor spacing and appear to still be in excellent condition.

Good things

Its not actually shimmed inside the cage, the cage is designed to specs that allow the gears to be properly aligned already. Rest assured the alignment is so beautiful its something that looks like it could only be rendered in a CAD drawing.

The internal bearings on the gears are a wonderful idea. The sector and bevel each have one bearing and the spur seems to have two side by side(gear reduction happens on the spur). Once lubed(see below) they spin like a dream

Unique Anti Reversal cuts(look like negatives of shark teeth) and alot of them(9 i think)

There are a few mishaps in this set which gladly have not stopped us so far.

We installed this on a G&P 7mm Gearbox. The way the reinforcement is designed, a decent amount of it had to be dremeled away in order for the ARL to have its appropriate range of motion(any at all). Seems like an oversight for it not to be mentioned since its meant to work in these reinforced boxes

These Sets come completely dry of any lubrication, which can be detrimental to the ball bearings. Please take the time to soak these things in lube before installing.

Gun has not been finally assembled as some of the handfitting has not been completed so no words on if it will run superbly well(meaning low motor noise) but time will tell. Will post more info as time allows.

Small Update:

Like I said in the first build attempt the motor was screwed in wayy to far. We now have some preliminary assumptions on the hardness of these gears as they seem to have begun the wear down a G&P pinion gear(quite hard) in that one session more than ive seen from thousands of rounds of regular use with G&P gears. The gears have no markings on them from the pinion. I can only assume that the hardness of these gears must be up there in order to put a beating on this pinion and recieve no visible wear in return.

Okay more updates on our install.

We are using a G&P Polyacetal Piston with our build and we have come across more interesting stuff. Upon checking AOE we notice something interesting. The engagement distance that the Torque set takes up is the same as a Half Tooth Helical Gear set. We put in a Systema Half Tooth and it works with it fine. Since we were using the G&P piston we had to make a few cuts on the reinforcement around the final steel teeth. The increased roughness on these teeth were very noticeable when testing the engagement surfaces. We just make cuts on the reinforcement area instead of removing the entire reinforced area.

3268835982_6e7f0a3a00_o.jpg

Cuts were made with a nice razor blade and it feels night and day difference now running the piston back and forth

Another mod we had to make(which again may be unique to G&P parts) is that we had to sand the tappet significantly, again the hand fitting paid off and its night and day

The Anti Reversal Latch is very different on this gearset. Unlike others this one rides along the gear and there is contact between the surface of the AR latch and and equal amount of surface area on the gear, so it seems to apply some drag to the gear, but it seems minimal.

Ah yes something else to note. You almost need 2 of the Keys they make because its impossible to hold down the gear train with one hand while loosening it with the other key. One key is needed to hold in place while the other unscrews. It seems to be a standard sized socket, though a weird european on at that, will get the number when i dig out the packing in a bit.

Just waiting on a new cylinder before it gets put back together

• 7 months later...
Ah yes something else to note. You almost need 2 of the Keys they make because its impossible to hold down the gear train with one hand while loosening it with the other key. One key is needed to hold in place while the other unscrews. It seems to be a standard sized socket, though a weird european on at that, will get the number when i dig out the packing in a bit.

Just waiting on a new cylinder before it gets put back together

Sorry, I really don't mean to bump old threads, but I am very interested in these.

any long term use/abuse update, or anyone else have any user experience to share?